Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-08-2017, 03:52 PM

4,996 posts, read 2,444,621 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mircea View Post
It would appear that CNN is intolerant of Free Speech.

One man's bigot is another man's hero.

Is the Earth Flat, or is Earth a Spheroid? In my experience the Earth is clearly a Spheroid, so why should I tolerate the beliefs of those who believe the Earth is Flat?
Because it's the mature thing to do?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-08-2017, 04:51 PM

2,768 posts, read 1,583,215 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jetgraphics View Post
Actually, the CONstitution doesn't give us any rights that didn't already exist as an endowment from our Creator (see: Declaration of Independence).
Which is why I said the Constitution "protects" individual liberties and not "grants" the same.

Old 07-08-2017, 07:09 PM

4,996 posts, read 2,444,621 times
I see...so per the DOI..all people are granted these rights..but only American's rights are protected by the Constitution?

Fair enough..but is not our very foreign policy built on protecting those rights for non-citizens?

Is that the moral thing to do..or should we choose the seemingly pragmatic...and let the rest of the world deal with their issues--no matter the body count of women and children? A little genocide..not really our problem?

Off topic ramble...sorry.

Old 07-08-2017, 10:07 PM

7,713 posts, read 4,747,294 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
Good to know dude.

To me, if you post on the internet - anything you post is fair game. Anyone can be outed.

Are they ashamed of what they post?
Why don't you use your real name then & list your phone number/address?

Old 07-08-2017, 10:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ffaemily View Post
Meh, I don't really get why a multimillion dollar company really cares about one guy. The internet is full of racists, homophobic
, and bigoted people. The world is full of people like that. Doxing one guy won't stop that. Cnn is just wasting their time, and it's making them look extremely petty.
In addition to the danger of major corporations acting as prosecutor, judge & jury against the common man, I've yet to see any proof of racism or anti-semitism. Everyone seems to have accepted it as true, without even asking for any proof or context.

The one thing I have seen was a chart the Reddit user made showing all the Jewish/dual Israeli citizens acting as on-air personalities, executives & programming directors for CNN. When having a discussion about why CNN regularly sides with Israel over Palestine, why is it "anti-Semitic" or "racist" to point out the basic facts? I thought the left supported Palestine & Israel were the bad guys now?

Old 07-08-2017, 10:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salmonburgher View Post
And who gets to decide who is a bigot?

It seems to me that many people haven't a clue as to the definitions of terms such as racism or bigotry.

I saw some of the stuff posted by Hans A**holeSole posted. Yes, he used the N-word. Apparently he was critical of Jews, too.

Sorry, but use of the N-word, as distasteful and ugly as it is, is not necessarily indicative of racism or bigotry. Some blacks use the N-word all the time, and no one believes that they are racist or bigoted against blacks.

Use of the N-word is distasteful and ugly. But, rather than racism and or bigotry, it could indicate hate or a strong dislike. While unfortunate and certainly not ideal, neither hate or a strong dislike necessarily indicate racism or bigotry, or for that matter, even prejudice.

Words have defined meanings. We should all use the same definitions of these words, otherwise, there is no hope of effective communication.

As it is, there are morons here who believe that any critical word is equal to and clear evidence of racism and bigotry.

Sorry, but, that's just plain ignorant.

I don't want CNN (or any other idiots) playing Humpty Dumpty with words.

And what do you mean by reigned in? Silenced? Sanctioned?

Who are you people?
Slow clapping....

Old 07-08-2017, 10:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blanker View Post
No I don't agree. That gif he made was not racist, it was a goof. It's weird that they and CNN are this worked up over a funny gif. If he posts racist things besides that, geez where does it end. They could go to the chimpout forum and go through that membership.
He never had any idea that gif would be tweeted out by Trump when he created it either. He was goofing around.

Old 07-08-2017, 10:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilEyeFleegle View Post
In the semantically examined usage, Bigotry has always had overtones of racism, sexism and ignorance. Overbearing bully is also implied. Intolerance is the heart of it, for sure.

Look at Archie Bunker--he's like the archetype of bigots.

Many, on both ends of the political spectrum, exhibit bigotry. This forum is a constant kaleidoscope of bigotry, sometimes.

All you have to do is look at all the posts that start..'Why do Blacks..?'---to see examples.

Or the posts that mention 'butthurt' and 'snowflake'
Progressive ideology was crafted by bigots. The founding fathers of progressive ideology believed in a literal interpretation of white supremacy. The minimum wage, the Negro Project (later called Planned Parenthood), forced sterilization of minorities/immigrants, etc.

Old 07-08-2017, 10:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
I mean, I'm no expert but if one is posting racist crap on 4chan or Reddit - then it's a good chance you are a bigot.

Whether it's a good idea for CNN to fight that battle is another story.
What racist crap did he post? Frankly I don't take CNN's word for it & I've seen nothing to support the claim, thus far.

Old 07-08-2017, 10:23 PM

32,062 posts, read 15,058,461 times
All I can say....without the media, Nixon would have never been exposed for the fraud and liar he was. We need the media to keep the president in line. Funny how Nixon hated the media as much as Trump does. That should tell you something.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies