Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Did Trump and company collude with an enemy of the USA to win the presidency?
Yes 213 59.83%
No 143 40.17%
Voters: 356. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-11-2017, 11:12 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,191,640 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
I understand that your anti-war position informs your world view, but I disagree strongly with your position here. Russia is a competitor, and THEIR actions have often made them our enemy.
You see things as them bucking us on Syria as being our enemy. They were RIGHT. Why are you so unable to understand this. Being right on something does not make them our enemy, it makes them right.

Quote:
Their actions in Syria and in Ukraine are actions against the United States as well as actions against our allies. While I fully support the idea that we should explore every peaceful path to settle our differences, I think it's important to understand that their efforts to influence this recent election wasn't just to get their favored candidate into office, it was an attack on American democracy and the faith Americans have in the democratic process. They wanted to compromise the integrity of our election process.
We have NO business being in Syria. Russia is not doing anything we would not be doing. It's their neighborhood, not ours. We would warn Russia about not getting involved in attacking Mexico also and would get involved if they did as it is so close. We have NO business doing anything in Syria, None.

Quote:
Because they were largely (though not entirely) unsuccessful at hacking into our state-level election systems, the integrity of the election was protected. But they tried every means to interfere, and the fact that the Trump campaign was so open to them is troubling.
Again, we used taxpayer money to try and influence the elections in Israel. They are not our enemy for doing the very thing we do.

Old 07-11-2017, 11:13 AM

12,970 posts, read 9,654,415 times
The lack of experience is really showing in this administration, especially with Trump and his children. They have zero experience in the politics and the ways of Washington, but yet they were hired to run a mighty country like the United States. Most of us would never get hired for an important job without any experience, critical errors can be made learning on the fly. They are making Mueller job too easy.

Old 07-11-2017, 11:14 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,191,640 times
Quote:
Sarcasm?

Hillary's time has passed. We'll see new faces, and hopefully new ideas, in 2020.
There hasn't been any so far. When are you expecting these new ideas?

18,983 posts, read 9,073,833 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dashrendar4454 View Post
you kidding me

the left is constantly making excuses for her and saying her win was stolen

she already says she has plans to participate in the 2018 midterms. Another run in 2020 would not be out of the question
Quote:
Originally Posted by skeddy
Has Hillary announced for 2020 yet?
Typical attempts to deflect. This thread is not about Hillary.

2,359 posts, read 1,034,793 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post

Do you believe offering up dirt on a political opponent was a benign gesture by the Russians?
What damaging information did the Russians deliver, as a result of this "offer"?

None that anyone has brought forward for examination, as far as I can tell.

Old 07-11-2017, 11:15 AM

12,970 posts, read 9,654,415 times
Quote:
Sarcasm?

Hillary's time has passed. We'll see new faces, and hopefully new ideas, in 2020.
I agree, new fresh faces and younger.

16,376 posts, read 22,483,864 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post

Do you think Putin wanted Trump in the WH out of the goodness of his heart, and didn't expect anything in return? Because the dictator and former KGB head had benign intentions, right?

What a coincidence that when Trump became the GOP nominee, the GOP platform was changed to be more pro-Russian.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opini...256_story.html

The Trump campaign worked behind the scenes last week to make sure the new Republican platform won’t call for giving weapons to Ukraine to fight Russian and rebel forces, contradicting the view of almost all Republican foreign policy leaders in Washington.
Republican delegates at last week’s national security committee platform meeting in Cleveland were surprised when the Trump campaign orchestrated a set of events to make sure that the GOP would not pledge to give Ukraine the weapons it has been asking for from the United States

198 posts, read 261,913 times
For all of the Trumppets who adore Russia and Putin, do not be surprise if its not your beloved Putin that's doing the leaking of the Emails and other documents to the fake MSM and not the hated liberals and Democrats. Don't forget Putin and the Russians hacked the Republicans too and it appears they also got Trump. It may not be the fear of the Trump Base that is keeping the Republicans silent in the midst of all this. All these meetings with Russia operatives were more likely than not taped by the Russians (the real reason of the meeting for Russian agents is to gather compromise) this could be why the White House is still pushing easing of sanctions in the midst of this Russia Scandal. Fear of the tapes or the unknown. I read this board for the Trump base response to these revelations. The degree of dupability of his base is amazing. If you are a chump for Trump take it from this snowflake, Trump played you and Putin has Played Trump but better Putin controlling the White House than Hillary and especially Obama. God help America.

8,665 posts, read 5,846,702 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by knowledgeiskey View Post
Just when you thought this disastrous G20 input on behalf of the US would be the embarrassment of the week.

Trump Team Met With Lawyer Linked to Kremlin During Campaign https://nyti.ms/2uWPOMw

Great work by the NYT! I love our FREE Press uncovering DIRT-BAGS like the scum traitorous Trump Family!

Old 07-11-2017, 11:16 AM

30,253 posts, read 23,733,496 times
And Don Jr just released ALL of his emails in regards to this.

I came to watch the left meltdown and cry about it. The MSM is having a hissy fit. Here's one example from Politico:

Poor blackmailing media....can't doctor Don Jr's. emails now.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA. Trump was right. We are going to win, and we are going to win big. We're going to win so much, we're going to get tired of winning.

Not tired yet....but if this keeps happening, I can see it in the future: "Yeah, yeah, we won against the liberal circle jerk once again. Ho hum, not like it's hard."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies