Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-08-2017, 08:34 PM

809 posts, read 746,271 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post
Quite a big chunk was eliminated, probably for the sake of brevity. After reading your post I went back and looked at the time stamp on the film and it goes from 06:41:22 to 07:58:23, so they were tied up for more than an hour before they got to the point they did where she was mouthing off about her phone number.
Thanks for pointing out the timer in the upper right hand corner. Just seems to be a poor choice of editing. Probably nothing, but one wonders how they wrestled her out of the car.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-08-2017, 08:37 PM

20,125 posts, read 16,144,906 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katygirl68 View Post
Well, she's only 18. Teenagers often make stupid mistakes, which probably shouldn't ruin their lives forever.
I do get that, but..... Had they not had bodycams those law enforcement officers lives would have been destroyed. Even if their department supported them, even if it went to court and they were found not guilty their lives would have been ruined. This wasn't some simple little lie, it was a deliberate attempt to get back at the officers who were merely trying to do their job with little thought given to the consequences of that revenge.

Old 07-08-2017, 08:39 PM

6,542 posts, read 4,092,166 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonesg View Post
statistically uncommon and never are 2 distinct things.

I've never seen a murder, should we get rid of the 2nd amendment?
Yes, but for the purposes of this conversation, statistically uncommon and basically unimportant are similar enough.

Old 07-08-2017, 08:59 PM

12,566 posts, read 10,611,363 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marleinie View Post
This reminded me of the "free inhabitant" video. The best part is at 3 minutes in:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=39QQBkzum-U

At least the Dad has his head on straight. Probably dismayed at the feminist garbage his daughter is learning that has undone years of parenting and made her daughter act like common trash in the false belief she's a liberated and empowered woman.
The free inhabitant is comedy gold. I haven't seen it in awhile.

Old 07-08-2017, 09:09 PM

23,856 posts, read 13,735,298 times
Sounds like another version of the sovereign citizen argument.

Old 07-08-2017, 09:18 PM

3,617 posts, read 3,881,652 times
Body cams protect whoever is in the right, as long as they are consistently and transparently used (aka they should be kept on and the public should have access by default, not just released by the police when favorable to them).

Old 07-08-2017, 09:27 PM

21,461 posts, read 10,562,304 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ffaemily View Post
Assaulting a police officer, making false rape allegations to ruin a police officer's life, and attempting to throw a bottle at an officer is pretty bad stuff. She's 18 not 11 and she should be held liable for those horrible things. Even if that mean's she is unable to get into college or get a job in the future. Assault and false rape allegations aren't stupid mistakes that teenagers make.
So, no second chances ever? I never said she shouldn't get punished. I just don't think this should ruin her life forever.

Old 07-08-2017, 09:31 PM

21,461 posts, read 10,562,304 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldhag1 View Post
I do get that, but..... Had they not had bodycams those law enforcement officers lives would have been destroyed. Even if their department supported them, even if it went to court and they were found not guilty their lives would have been ruined. This wasn't some simple little lie, it was a deliberate attempt to get back at the officers who were merely trying to do their job with little thought given to the consequences of that revenge.
Again, I never said she should not get punished. I was just responding to the post saying she should never get a job in her life. She's a teenager, and she didn't murder anyone. Even murderers get second chances after doing their time.

But I do agree her allegations could have ruined those officers' lives, though I'm guessing they would have still been able to get future employment.

Old 07-08-2017, 09:36 PM

3,617 posts, read 3,881,652 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katygirl68 View Post
So, no second chances ever? I never said she shouldn't get punished. I just don't think this should ruin her life forever.
No, it shouldn't. That said, the career and criminal justice damage that she would have inflicted on the officer in the absence of the video would be fair and proportionate.

Old 07-08-2017, 10:09 PM

79,913 posts, read 44,167,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spottednikes View Post
The times where they can't release the video right away is because there is an active investigation against the officers usually involving a shooting. Witnesses need to be interviewed and statements gathered before video is released so people don't tailor their statements to fit the evidrnce.

I bet 100.00 this girl marched wearing a pink pu $$y hat....
The video needs to be the property of a third party.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies