Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-08-2017, 05:57 PM

983 posts, read 733,335 times

Advertisements

https://bluelivesmatter.blue/video-l...uysman-arrest/

Quote:
Burlington, VT – 18-year-old Logan Huysman took to social media after her arrest, claiming that Burlington police sexually assaulted her. She even showed off bruises on her arms as proof. In response, Chief Brandon del Pozo released the bodycam footage which showed an impaired Huysman acting disorderly, assaulting police officers, and more (video below.)
But women never lie about being raped/sexually assaulted, right?
Quick reply to this message

Old 07-08-2017, 06:03 PM

252 posts, read 123,281 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marleinie View Post

This is becoming a disturbing trend.What's worse is EVERY cop car has a dash cam and MOST cops have personal cameras on! These idiots should think before lying about their actions.

Old 07-08-2017, 06:08 PM

That girl is VERY lucky she wasn't charged with assault on a peace officer....goodness.

Old 07-08-2017, 06:10 PM

983 posts, read 733,335 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeplorablePopulist View Post
This is becoming a disturbing trend.What's worse is EVERY cop car has a dash cam and MOST cops have personal cameras on! These idiots should think before lying about their actions.
What's sad is she was being defended by the American Criminal Lovers Union.

Old 07-08-2017, 06:11 PM

5,719 posts, read 6,421,463 times
I think this goes to show that body cameras are not about a war on police. They also protect police officers from false accusations.

Old 07-08-2017, 06:12 PM

Quote:
What's sad is she was being defended by the American Criminal Lovers Union.
I saw that. They have actually had the gall to chide the POLICE CHIEF for standing up for his officers....wth?! This country is going nuts. She could have literally destroyed those officers lives if there had not been a video. Good lord.

Old 07-08-2017, 06:17 PM

23,856 posts, read 13,624,194 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by juppiter View Post
I think this goes to show that body cameras are not about a war on police. They also protect police officers from false accusations.
I agree.

I used to be very skeptical of cams everywhere, but I am coming around to the idea that they are usually a good thing.

I am all for knowing what really happened, in any situation.

Old 07-08-2017, 06:17 PM

6,542 posts, read 4,069,929 times
Quote:

It's statistically uncommon for women to lie about being raped.

This is precisely why body cams are a good idea. It protects everyone involved.

Old 07-08-2017, 06:20 PM

7,274 posts, read 5,242,378 times
18 and stupid, and using being a female as a weapon. Nice that the police could easily show the truth, as I like others am tired of people attacking the profession that helps us to be safe. Yes there are bad/corrupt cops as with any profession, but that doesn't warrant attacking the entire profession.

Old 07-08-2017, 06:24 PM

31,848 posts, read 17,471,158 times
The ACLU is filled with insane people. They're not happy that the chief "released facts about the case in order to counter lies"??? What, they were supposed to remain silent and look guilty so people could talk about this as if it really happened?

Quote:
The ACLU is not happy that the chief released facts about the case in order to counter lies spread by Logan Huysman, accusing him of using facts to “shut down conversations.”

“There’s a fine line between engaging the community, which is something we want our law enforcement officers to do, and doing what some might see as trying to shut down conversations,” said Jay Diaz, an attorney for the American Civil Liberties Union of Vermont, according to Katie Jickling with Seven Days. “Affirmatively posting on a citizen’s Facebook page, especially in a sensitive situation, seems fairly inappropriate and would be understandably chilling.”

And kudos to Dad.

Quote:
Logan Huysman’s father saw the footage and it siding with the police, saying, “She was resisting arrest, and she had to be forcefully put in the police car. The police showed more patience than I would have.”
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies