Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-08-2017, 10:54 PM

1,805 posts, read 1,466,022 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NHartphotog View Post
Liberalism is the modern religion. Like with all religions, facts don't ever make it into the conscious part of the mind.

Ask a religious person how a benevolent God can set up a system where predators to eat their prey alive (until death finally occurs), or let a forest fire caused by lightning burn animals (and sometimes people) alive, or allow children to die painfully of cancer. These things have nothing to do with "Free Will," and absolutely NOTHING good can come of them (certainly nothing to justify the horror). The response won't be logical, but you might get a programmed sound bite like "We can't understand what God does"--which answers nothing, but triggers no "thinking process."

Liberals are religious: you can't present statistics, studies, analyses, or any information about ANYTHING (no matter how obvious) because the Liberal will pretend they didn't even hear it (indeed, I suspect the Liberal brain will filter it out and actually not hear it). They won't respond to your info, except for a blanket denial with a programmed sound-bite response (that says nothing) & total refusal to research the matter, or even look at research you have in your hand.
You just described the members of the cult of the Donald. Stock answer to anything; Obama, Hillary, fake news. You see it every day in multiple threads right here.

Old 07-09-2017, 12:39 AM

15,154 posts, read 11,617,449 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
Please get a life. Obama is not the president anymore so he can do whatever he wants. The DC area is very expensive to live in. Ivanka and her husband live in the same neighborhood and pay the same price. So what.
Obama is not the President anymore? You might want to tell him that. He is galavanting all over the globe undermining the US

Old 07-09-2017, 12:48 AM

7,184 posts, read 4,762,651 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KonaldDuth View Post
I live in a large coastal liberal city and it never ceases to amaze me how little these Volvo drivers know despite holding college degrees and supposedly reading the news. The other day I was talking to one and I mentioned that the Obama live in an $8 million dollar house. He didn't believe me, and after he Googled it to verify it was true, he was totally surprised. This guy seemed to actually think that Obama is a community organizer who would move back to Chicago to spend the rest of his life helping inner city Blacks, or something like that. You have to be a complete dolt to be surprised by something like this. I am always shaking my head whenever I talk to these kinds of people and see how little they know. As another example, I was talking to another of them and I explained that our education system has been significantly dumbed down and that the average high school grad today couldn't pass a 5th grade Math exam from the early 1900s. Again, the liberal didn't believe me until I provided proof, and after that, he was completely surprised, it looked like a fuse had blown in his brain from all the cognitive dissonance.
It really chaps your hide, doesn't it?

Old 07-09-2017, 01:12 AM

11,181 posts, read 10,525,658 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KonaldDuth View Post
I I was talking to another of them and I explained that our education system has been significantly dumbed down and that the average high school grad today couldn't pass a 5th grade Math exam from the early 1900s. Again, the liberal didn't believe me until I provided proof, and after that, he was completely surprised, it looked like a fuse had blown in his brain from all the cognitive dissonance.
If this conversation with "another one of them" (wtf?) happened, I'm pretty sure you correctly read his reaction but totally missed the target of his incredulity.

Likely "the liberal" you attempted to enlighten will henceforth avoid discussing politics with coworkers and/or avoid eye contact with strangers while waiting in line. Ditto the Volvo driver.

Old 07-09-2017, 01:30 AM

14,668 posts, read 14,629,286 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Staggerlee666 View Post
Yawn
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pemgin View Post
Yawn
Yawn

Old 07-09-2017, 10:29 AM

18,757 posts, read 11,786,210 times
Just for fun. This applies to both sides. Read about the lyrics, it's interesting how history repeats itself again and again and again. Especially with hate fueled troll threads on both sides.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-NRXTCLUVrk

Old 07-09-2017, 10:37 AM

15,706 posts, read 11,766,724 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jburress View Post
Ok.

So you talked to 2 liberals and one was surprised that Obama lives in a 8 million dollar house and another didn't believe your questionable claim that the average HS student couldn't pass a 5th grade Math exam from the early 1900s.

Wow. There you have it folks. The OP just proved that all liberals are clueless. Everybody send him a cookie.
Kellyanne Conway just bought a $7 million house near Obama, but I bet the right wingers have no issue with that.

Old 07-09-2017, 10:39 AM

17,717 posts, read 13,522,365 times
Quote:
Ok.

So you talked to 2 liberals and one was surprised that Obama lives in a 8 million dollar house and another didn't believe your questionable claim that the average HS student couldn't pass a 5th grade Math exam from the early 1900s.

Wow. There you have it folks. The OP just proved that all liberals are clueless. Everybody send him a cookie.

Do right wingers like cookies?

Old 07-09-2017, 10:42 AM

18,489 posts, read 9,149,606 times
Lousy liberals...ruining everything.

Thanks to liberals, I don't have to work more than 40 hours per week.

Old 07-09-2017, 11:26 AM

12,275 posts, read 7,132,426 times
Quote:
Ok.

Pretty sure he wouldn't have passed a 5th grade debate class from the early 1900s.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.