Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-10-2017, 10:21 AM

8,131 posts, read 4,328,096 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by metalmancpa View Post
With many First Ladies across several centuries, how do you think Melania will be viewed in the history of First Ladies? I know not even a year has passed since she became First Lady, so the jury is still out. This is more of a forward looking question.

We only have history books (oh wait, I'm old - let's make that modern and say Google) to decide amongst all of the First Ladies ever. Since 1960 when I was born, based on many factors from simple "stage presence" to their involvement with being a representative for our country and active across many fronts, I think we've had several decent ones despite of their POTUS husbands (good or bad). Kennedy, Obama, Reagan - all I feel were decent in their "roles".

In my opinion, because of Donald Trump I don't believe Melania stands a chance of being thought of as anything but a trophy First Lady for Donald, even if she is capable of being something really good.

Melania has style, no substance! She's a trophy wife, nothing more.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-10-2017, 10:41 AM

37,181 posts, read 19,200,869 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by swayalot View Post
Trump worked harder on the campaign than any man ever, and he didn't rely on TV ads or celebrity endorsements.
And by June, President Trump had signed 37 bills into law, while Obama only 24.
I feel like Obama was a show horse.
Trump signed 37 executive orders, exactly like the ones Obama was excoriated for using. He has yet to sign but one actual piece of legislation, which may be due to the fact that he has no idea how the government works.

Old 07-10-2017, 10:42 AM

37,181 posts, read 19,200,869 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blanker View Post
His wife was definitely a work horse, with those well muscled haunches.
You sound jealous.

Old 07-10-2017, 10:52 AM

26,569 posts, read 14,444,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phma View Post
Notice where it is located. Where its needed most. Ca. Nothing is to good for the costal elite democrats and it was started by a republican.

Betty Ford Center in Rancho Mirage, California
yep, and they accept patients from across the country/globe. there are rehab centers all across the US, BF is simply the most famous.

Old 07-10-2017, 11:06 AM

31,340 posts, read 14,265,634 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by metalmancpa View Post
With many First Ladies across several centuries, how do you think Melania will be viewed in the history of First Ladies? I know not even a year has passed since she became First Lady, so the jury is still out. This is more of a forward looking question.

We only have history books (oh wait, I'm old - let's make that modern and say Google) to decide amongst all of the First Ladies ever. Since 1960 when I was born, based on many factors from simple "stage presence" to their involvement with being a representative for our country and active across many fronts, I think we've had several decent ones despite of their POTUS husbands (good or bad). Kennedy, Obama, Reagan - all I feel were decent in their "roles".

In my opinion, because of Donald Trump I don't believe Melania stands a chance of being thought of as anything but a trophy First Lady for Donald, even if she is capable of being something really good.
Don't know and don't care. First ladies don't do anything. I'm more concerned about how The Donald does in his 4 or 8 years.

Old 07-10-2017, 11:07 AM

31,340 posts, read 14,265,634 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cuebald View Post
Trump signed 37 executive orders, exactly like the ones Obama was excoriated for using. He has yet to sign but one actual piece of legislation, which may be due to the fact that he has no idea how the government works.
Or more likely, it may be because Congress hasn't actually, you know, passed any legislation.

Old 07-10-2017, 11:33 AM

5,874 posts, read 10,528,943 times
Im guessing that for most men in this forum, Melania is EXACTLY what a woman should be

Pretty, well dressed, silent and decorative.

Old 07-10-2017, 01:01 PM

17,155 posts, read 12,962,522 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
And Obama had a Super Majority to work for him.
Trump has only a 1/4 of the House working with him and still getting stuff done like a BOSS.
Such as what? Get back to us on that; I'm sure you'll have to think about it long and hard.

Old 07-10-2017, 01:03 PM

15,063 posts, read 6,175,095 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by swayalot View Post
It showed that Hillary has no respect for women, she said harsh things about Bill's accusers and dismissed them without thought.
Plus I'm sure she know what kind of person Bill was, so she had to have an idea that the accusations were legit....
Nonsense. Those are unfounded claims. The only comment clearly made towards any woman sleeping with her husband was toward Monica Lewinsky and it was accurate. Hillary was poised through it all and those pathetic indivduals looking for ways to attack her due to her husband's poor behavior are upset about it.

Old 07-10-2017, 01:05 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,624,265 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooby Snacks View Post
Such as what? Get back to us on that; I'm sure you'll have to think about it long and hard.

36 pieces of legislation, compared to Obamas 24 at this time in terms.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies