Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-11-2017, 07:52 PM

5,472 posts, read 3,225,328 times

Advertisements

Quote:
This time..you speak of--you know it never really existed, right?
YES....

I am more concerned that we get to Honoring the Constitution in this 21st Century. That we come to learn that Democracy is about Equality as the basis of its premise, which is the principle that supports "majority rule". Also, that we as a society learn that under Democracy, we chose the Economic System of Capitalism, and we established Regulatory Governance to help it flourish... Not to become a "Greed Chase at the expense of the people"...

When Indentured Servititude was introduced into the system and morphed itself into Slavery .. we have been a system that called it self a democracy, but support an autocracy by race, tried to create a faux system of Monarchy by Industrialist, and promoted a Non Monetary system of Communist system against blacks the means and methods that were promoted to sanction the enactment and continuation of slavery.

We have to do exactly what President Obama said: "Rebuild from the Bottom up", with a level playing field where equality in opportunity is open to all. When he said that... the entirity of the Confederate minded establishment of Right Wing Ideology invested everything they could find in the Tea Party, and proceeded to dominate even more so the hard right of the Republican system, and Republican Congress, vowed "not to do their job", instead they pledged to 'Oppose anything and everything Obama promoted or supported". Now, Trump is obsessed with attacking anything and everything that Obama did. Same Game, by the same Right Wing and Republican Establishment, still pushing their Confederate Ideals and lusting for an Antebellum designed system.

We have to become a nation that builds Trade Agreement based on Mutual Benefit, and not Imperialistic Dominance... it has not worked, and greed turned the world into massive conflicts and as a sum of resulting factors, we are now a Debtor Nation. Unable to even make 40% of what we use and consume and cannot maintain and improve the vast infrastructure built by the generations that came before. We can't even sustain communities and our cities are bankrupt, our education system being dismantled, and higher education from the time of Reagan was attacked, because that era saw minorities gaining education in and through a system that was not set up with design to accommodate nor accept black society; especially in the no cost community college system and the very low cost state university system.

Last edited by Chance and Change; 07-11-2017 at 08:02 PM..

Old 07-11-2017, 07:56 PM

33,316 posts, read 12,527,813 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chance and Change View Post
IF American can get rid of such types, the same as Germany got rid of the Nazi's, Then, America can get back to the business of being the United States of America as a Democracy, and have a Regulatory system of governance in which Capitalism can function based on equitable principles and fair play interactive transactions. A Government where people are not whining and crying about "taxes" and have a society that has enough respect for the system of taxation that supports infrastructure, and all things that has made American a great country, yes, 'including helping those who are in various challenged situations in their lives".
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Godwin's_law

Old 07-11-2017, 08:05 PM

14,682 posts, read 14,648,352 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RMESMH View Post
The odiousness of the distorted Godwin’s Law - Salon.com

Old 07-11-2017, 08:23 PM

Quote:
Hitler tried many means of mass killings before he advanced to the use of Gas and Ovens.... so when you speak and propose such and seek to use the Holocaust as a means not to see process comparisons, that simply does not fly... The history of the mass deaths by many means saw the lives of many 100's of thousand killed by many means, from vile experiments to mass shooting and mass burials all of such were engaged, long before the even more grossly vile atrocities of mass gas and oven acts If you follow that history, the Nazi regime declared that other means were too messy and left too many traces, so they moved their madness to the gas and ovens.

I won't stop seeing the ways people are "led" to blindly support wrong way "Regimes" as being something easily dismissed, I assert that Trump is a Wrong Way Regime, for what is America and the Democracy that America has invested much in trying to right itself and get back to its own Constitution.

Thus so, I am not dissuaded by your link, and certainly not by a misplaced concept meant to detract from the reality that megalomaniac do within engaging and in using methods of other megalomaniacs. (In previous posting I also posted some of the very elements of comparisons, that are overt in comparative elements, when viewed and researched. )

Maybe you missed the enormity of atrocities of other ethnic groups whom the Nazi's killed in other parts of the world, which was often overshadowed by what was done in Germany by the Nazi's.. and the mass devastation's across Europe. Shall we also add in the alliance that Nazi's made with Japan and the Atrocities they committed in the South Pacific? See the picture has many details within it..... but one must be "willing" to look, that they might be able to see.

Last edited by Chance and Change; 07-11-2017 at 08:35 PM..

Old 07-11-2017, 09:38 PM

Quote:
I am more concerned that we get to Honoring the Constitution in this 21st Century. That we come to learn that Democracy is about Equality as the basis of its premise, which is the principle that supports "majority rule".
The Electoral College is ensconced in the constitution:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Twelft...s_Constitution

Old 07-11-2017, 10:00 PM

6,542 posts, read 4,094,955 times
Quote:
I think people are in a quandary about the dismantling of regulatory governance vs those who want to dismantle regulatory governance. And... between those who support regulatory governance also supporting Federal Regulatory Governance vs Those who want to dismantle regulatory governance and Dismantle Federal Regulatory Governance and move everything to States Rights, to usurp Federal Governance.

Those elements were as well driving elements within the Civil War.... Slavery was the big element that Confederate Southern States wanted no Federal Regulation Governance against it, and the Union States, wanted to abolish it and establish Federal Regulation 'against slavery" as in abolishing it.

The big matter as I've written before ... The Confederate Lost !! they pretended to cede to being defeated. but they did not do it in earnest terms nor means. They simply moved their War INTO the CONGRESS... and for 153+ yrs they have been fighting the same battles.

~~ Republican want to abolish even minimum wage, and now Trump wants to make people Apprentices.. we saw the death bill Republican promoted under the guise of health care. Republican want not to pay taxes, the same as the Confederates did not want to pay taxes to the Union Federal Government, because they don't want to pay to support regulatory governance nor any social/civic programs. ( One should read an earlier post that has links about "apprenticeships", as well as Post Civil War Southern acts of trying to install apprenticeships. Republican fight against multicultural society. Republican like the nature of how Antebellum society had a contained role for women.

~~~Democrats want to improve minimum wage, and promote lower cost educations and promote health care for Americans. Democrats don't complain about paying taxes, the Regulatory Governance and Federal Government over States, and they do support regulatory governance which provides and manages social/civic programs. Democrats embrace multicultural society. Democrats like women to have freedom of rights to be herself and to be treated equal under the law and in civil society.

The Civil War never stopped, it was simply moved into the Congress and the Former Confederates tried flipping from one party to the next to gain foothold, and by 1969, they took over the Republican party. They previously tried their agenda as the Southern Democrats... but the Democrats took up the Causes of Liberty as was promoted by the Party of Lincoln.

Republican which was ONCE UPON A TIME the party of Lincoln... Are No More... Today, the Republican Party is the same make up and drive for the same goals that the Confederacy pushed for in many categories. instead of slavery, they have those who promote the Alt Right, KKK and Other Racial Hate groups.

Democrats took up the ideals of the Party of Lincoln and now the Democrats carry those ideals forward.

Republican detest Federalism... they want States Rights so they can disregard Federal Regulatory Governance and Federal system of Taxation.
I won't defend Republicans as it's not my place to do so.

What I will say though is that you are severely misrepresenting them.

For example, on minimum wage, you can't just express your point of view as if it's the objective right thing to do. By all means, maintain your position. I'm not asking for you to change your values, only to understand that values of others. It's a fact that raising the minimum wage, particularly by a large amount, will cause some unemployment. Maybe it's a short term problem, but it still happens and for many people, that's a reality they don't want to live with and for them, Republicans are their voice. Disagree with it as you will, but do bare in mind their perspective.

And Republicans are not former confederate. Not all of them, anyway. And even those who are, they are very different now. You say they promote hate, but when does that happen? A handful of fringe conservatives? I can't remember Paul Ryan, Mitch McConnell, or John McCain ever giving soaring endorsements for the KKK.

As for federalism, the republicans absolutely believe in federalism. Federalism is the view that the federal government reigns supreme, a position that conservatives don't disagree with. However, conservatives tend think the federal government only reigns supreme in what the constitution says it can (according to them; disagree if you will).

And as I said, hold your views as you see fit. I have no desire to change your mind. But if we cannot learn to understand the perspectives of those we disagree with, how can we possibly hope for this country to succeed? For better or worse, you can't just wish away half the country so maybe it's better we start giving those we disagree with the better of the doubt.

And that goes just as much for you as it does the conservatives who think liberals all just want free stuff.

Old 07-11-2017, 10:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natural510 View Post
Except that your link is unrelated to my application of Godwin's Law to the quote from Chance and Change's post. Your link discusses war, and pretty much points out that neocons shouldn't bring up Godwin's Law because Bush/Cheney foreign policy shares similarities to the Nazi regime that some others feel neocons don't want to admit exist. The part of Chance and Change's post that I quoted doesn't discuss war at all, nor does Chance and Change discuss war in any other portion of that post....which makes Chance and Change's reference even more odious.

Old 07-11-2017, 10:41 PM

Quote:
Hitler tried many means of mass killings before he advanced to the use of Gas and Ovens.... so when you speak and propose such and seek to use the Holocaust as a means not to see process comparisons, that simply does not fly... The history of the mass deaths by many means saw the lives of many 100's of thousand killed by many means, from vile experiments to mass shooting and mass burials all of such were engaged, long before the even more grossly vile atrocities of mass gas and oven acts If you follow that history, the Nazi regime declared that other means were too messy and left too many traces, so they moved their madness to the gas and ovens.

I won't stop seeing the ways people are "led" to blindly support wrong way "Regimes" as being something easily dismissed, I assert that Trump is a Wrong Way Regime, for what is America and the Democracy that America has invested much in trying to right itself and get back to its own Constitution.

Thus so, I am not dissuaded by your link, and certainly not by a misplaced concept meant to detract from the reality that megalomaniac do within engaging and in using methods of other megalomaniacs. (In previous posting I also posted some of the very elements of comparisons, that are overt in comparative elements, when viewed and researched. )

Maybe you missed the enormity of atrocities of other ethnic groups whom the Nazi's killed in other parts of the world, which was often overshadowed by what was done in Germany by the Nazi's.. and the mass devastation's across Europe. Shall we also add in the alliance that Nazi's made with Japan and the Atrocities they committed in the South Pacific? See the picture has many details within it..... but one must be "willing" to look, that they might be able to see.
^^^^^ Except that the above has nothing to do with what you were discussing in that post. I can't cite that post again because you edited it....completely changed it....just as Wee-Bey noticed you did with another post earlier in this thread. Either that or a mod deleted it completely without a trace. If someone looks at the thread right after this post I am typing now posts (before you have time to do any edits), that person will see that I am telling the truth, as the part of that post of yours that I captured no longer exists, nor does any other part of the text of that post that existed when I pulled the quote. Whether you edited, or the mod deleted doesn't matter, as both prove the validity of my point. Either you didn't have the courage to stand by what you wrote, or a mod saw it the same way I did.

Old 07-12-2017, 05:31 AM

Quote:
^^^^^ Except that the above has nothing to do with what you were discussing in that post. I can't cite that post again because you edited it....completely changed it....just as Wee-Bey noticed you did with another post earlier in this thread. Either that or a mod deleted it completely without a trace. If someone looks at the thread right after this post I am typing now posts (before you have time to do any edits), that person will see that I am telling the truth, as the part of that post of yours that I captured no longer exists, nor does any other part of the text of that post that existed when I pulled the quote. Whether you edited, or the mod deleted doesn't matter, as both prove the validity of my point. Either you didn't have the courage to stand by what you wrote, or a mod saw it the same way I did.
The bottom of the post has this:
Last edited by Chance and Change; Yesterday at 09:35 PM..

There is a 90 minute time for edits. that's part of the program. I often edit, some typo's I catch, some comments I add clarity points or word arrangement for the point I am stating. There's multitudes of reasons for editing. I know I have systemic typo's that are common, such as typing and, when It should be an, typing American when it should be America and etc. I try to minimize my edits after it has been quoted, but there are time it does not work that way, I might be editing something, and when it finish, someone may have quoted the first commentary. If I see where someone has already quoted, then, I'll just add a new comment related to their rebuttal and re-clarify myself or expound on their points of reference in the rebuttal. I often type fast in-between doing other things. I read a lot and write a lot, and time is a factor, especially I have many other things to do. there are times I go to edit a post which may be the last in the thread, when I hit submit, I find there might be 3-4 or more comments that show up when it refreshes.

Old 07-12-2017, 05:34 AM

Quote:
Except that your link is unrelated to my application of Godwin's Law to the quote from Chance and Change's post. Your link discusses war, and pretty much points out that neocons shouldn't bring up Godwin's Law because Bush/Cheney foreign policy shares similarities to the Nazi regime that some others feel neocons don't want to admit exist. The part of Chance and Change's post that I quoted doesn't discuss war at all, nor does Chance and Change discuss war in any other portion of that post....which makes Chance and Change's reference even more odious.
why would I need to state the word war... we all know what Hitler did as far as war... killings were implicit of that fact. If that factor repulsed you... then I don't know what to tell you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies