Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-11-2017, 02:49 PM

5,661 posts, read 3,521,856 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by StillwaterTownie View Post
But it takes time to get accustomed to it when something is legally introduced to society. Who knows how much drunk driving deaths and alcohol caused accidents went up in Oklahoma shortly after sales of alcohol was legalized there in 1959. I bet a large number of Oklahomans in a panic headed for the emergency room after seeing in doubles from drinking too much alcohol. At least smoking or eating too much pot won't kill you. If fewer people in Colorado are dying from ODing on opioids and heroin, that's a worthwhile plus.
Yes you are right it could even out.

It seems that for some pot is an addiction to the point to make poor decisions and go there (Colorado) without a plan.
And some business' are suffering, cause of this.

Eating pot, yes there have been instances of people getting very sick from eating pot edibles.

I am not sure what you mean by less people will die from doing Heroin and Opoids in Colorado since marijuana is legal.
For some, not all, especially the youth they start experimenting with pot then take the bigger stuff.

I am not sure if someone can legally smoke pot for a recreation drug , how that keeps one off of other drugs?
Addiction has no common sense. It takes over front and center in front of anyone or anything including the user.

As what appears to be happening in some areas of Colorado.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-11-2017, 03:05 PM

3,129 posts, read 1,331,722 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atalanta View Post
Yes you are right it could even out.

It seems that for some pot is an addiction to the point to make poor decisions and go there (Colorado) without a plan.
And some business' are suffering, cause of this.
Yes, you are right. Some people moved here because of the FREEDOM that legalization brought. Many of them were able-bodied young people who have never had a problem getting a job, so they moved here confident of finding a job and a place to live. However, they didn't plan of tens of thousands of others moving here at the same time for the same reason. Housing prices went way up, competition for jobs went way up, so yes, some became homeless. To blame that on the cannabis industry, instead of prohibition, which is what created those conditions in the first place, is not logical.

That problem is easing now that other states have legalized.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atalanta View Post
I am not sure if someone can legally smoke pot for a recreation drug , how that keeps one off of other drugs?
Addiction has no common sense. It takes over front and center in front of anyone or anything including the user.
Again I am going to have to question your logic. According to what you just wrote, almost everyone who smokes pot for a recreation drug will have it take over, front and center, and wet the thirst for stronger drugs (the well debunked gateway theory). But pot has been in use by millions for decades. Yet only a very small percentage of pot smokers ever graduated into something harder. Very, very small percentage, in fact. If your logic is correct, where are the tens of millions of hard core drug users?

As predicted, you ignored my dare to post poll results as to whether Coloradans (including the Governor) are happy with legalization.

Old 07-11-2017, 03:12 PM

143 posts, read 98,750 times
I live by Littleton side of town, the OP is mostly correct in terms of their observations about the consequences of legal weed.

Increase in homeless dudes standing on corners, increase in trash on streets, increase in smashed car windows, increase in petty crimes, increase in car thefts, increase in rents, increase in taxes, increase in traffic/congestion, etc ever since legal weed law was passed.

Not much we can do unfortunately, the genie is out of the bottle so to speak, and legal weed has basically ruined it here for natives. Only thing we can do is move somewhere else to escape the rising cost of living and increased crime/homeless problem. I'm planning an escape down to Texas hopefully, Denver area is finished now, it's been "overrun" by the pot-smoker types and out of towners. This place is prohibitively expensive now, these out of towners are turning Colorado into "California 2.0" and bringing their very high COL/rents with them

What this place really needs is a "local" or "mini" version of Trump to kick out all these out of state pot-smoker/degenerate types or repeal the law (as it's the root of all these problems). I would vote for that, this place is "full" i wish the newcomers/unwelcome people would just go back to wherever they came from so everything would go back to the way it was before legal weed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies