Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-11-2017, 12:12 PM

5,661 posts, read 3,521,856 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raddo View Post
OP, it is sad that all you can do is find negative reports about legalization and then report them here as facts. If you will allow me, I would like to post an example of how shoddy and/or corrupt reporting creates these stories.

Look at post #52, no I do not post just negative.
Yes, I report as facts as the links in the article written due to people who have done the research. If you have a beef with it being a fact, contact them.

Fox news recently reported on how pot legalization has ruined Durango. The residents and business owners were quite upset about this story, because the reporter twisted their words and wrote a story that in no way accurately represented how they feel about Durango since legalization. Please read this story from the Durango Herald, the newspaper from the very town Fox News reported on:

https://durangoherald.com/articles/1...rom-durangoans

Remember that story comes from the town itself and from the actual business owners that Fox interviewed. Now who are you going to believe, Fox News or the actual residents of Durango?
The article talks about panhandling mostly with a mention of homeless In it.
It sounds like an increase in panhandling due to law enforcement has stopped ticketing them and a combo of legal pot.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-11-2017, 12:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellob View Post
Well, maybe the best alternative is to legalize it everywhere and then you don't have people moving to the legal states. If you're stupid enough to move to Colorado without a means to support yourself, you're probably young or mentally ill so just legalize it and stay in your mom's basement.
No thanks, cause when mom dies the taxpayers will be taking care of them

Old 07-11-2017, 12:43 PM

3,129 posts, read 1,331,722 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atalanta View Post
It sounds like an increase in panhandling due to law enforcement has stopped ticketing them and a combo of legal pot.
The article also talks about how Fox News completely misreported (lied) about what is going on in Durango and twisted the words of the Durango business owners, not to mention the Chief of Police, in their story. But, of course, you completely ignore that. Oh, let me guess, that's because it isn't the subject of this thread, right?

Old 07-11-2017, 01:03 PM

7,447 posts, read 2,832,289 times
Quote:
Remember that story comes from the town itself and from the actual business owners that Fox interviewed. Now who are you going to believe, Fox News or the actual residents of Durango?
Whichever one backs up his preconceived bias and helps him push his propaganda narrative, duh.

Old 07-11-2017, 01:19 PM

3,129 posts, read 1,331,722 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zzzSnorlax View Post
Whichever one backs up his preconceived bias and helps him push his propaganda narrative, duh.

I guess you're right. That's very unfortunate, but right. A lot of people will go to their graves with their insides all twisted in knots about this subject, for no reason. To me, it's truly sad.

I tried to illustrate how these propagandized stories are created, and even exposed one for what it is, but it went right over their head.

Old 07-11-2017, 02:12 PM

Quote:
The article also talks about how Fox News completely misreported (lied) about what is going on in Durango and twisted the words of the Durango business owners, not to mention the Chief of Police, in their story. But, of course, you completely ignore that. Oh, let me guess, that's because it isn't the subject of this thread, right?
No, your guess is wrong.

I read that.
Which is wrong if true.

Old 07-11-2017, 02:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zzzSnorlax View Post

Well duh

Interviews, quotes, and articles have been written both from residents who have seen different accounts.
I even posted some.

Duh

Old 07-11-2017, 02:17 PM

12,566 posts, read 10,614,780 times
Quote:
No, your guess is wrong.

I read that.
Which is wrong if true.
The article about Durango was way off and just anti-pot propaganda.

Old 07-11-2017, 02:19 PM

Quote:
Off the backs of addicts and or pot smokers.
Dirty money, greedy money.
Addicts? People addicted to alcohol?

Do eat out? If so you are buying something you like. Do you consider that greedy money?

Old 07-11-2017, 02:22 PM

Quote:
The homeless problem and panhandling were just as bad before it was legalized. You will disagree with me but you know nothing about it here. I don't even know why I keep responding to you about this.

Pot is legal here and it is awesome. Pot is worse than alcohol and known to be non-addictive unlike alcohol. I support the pot industry and the taxes it brings in even though I don't use it. I knowingly drink a beer or two now and again fully knowing that excessive use is bad.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies