Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-10-2017, 08:18 PM

62,945 posts, read 29,134,396 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nurider2002 View Post
Fairly sure undocumented workers are still mowing my lawn and cleaning my house but, I don't like to assume.

No such thing as an undocumented worker they are illegal aliens and if you are hiring them you are breaking the law.

What an odd thread. We have plenty of diversity via legal immigration. Actually, since most illegals are Mexicans and other Latinos how is that diversity?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-10-2017, 08:23 PM

40,951 posts, read 49,183,047 times
Many of the Indians imported for cheap labor are concerned about their HB1 visa.

Not a bad thing.

Old 07-10-2017, 09:57 PM

16,082 posts, read 10,744,030 times
Fewer Trump bumper stickers. Trumpers are peeling them off at night and pretending they didn't vote for Trump. Voter's remorse. Less diversity in that sense. No change otherwise.

Old 07-11-2017, 02:08 AM

10,214 posts, read 15,925,047 times
I live in Louisiana and have previously lived in West Virginia. For the most part, white people in these places are as conservative and Republican as their reputation goes, but black and Hispanic people are not quite as liberal and Democrat as the media portrays them......I know quite a few minorities who have told me they supported Trump's policies and want Obamacare repealed. Of course these are more integrated blacks and more assimilated Hispanics. Also know many Hispanics who do consider themselves Americans first and are loyal to the US and want the border controlled.

The police feel more confident to do their jobs again compared to the Obama days. Especially in Baltimore the Freddie Gray case and the liberal media's and Hillary's support of the riots and BLM have forced them to do a hands off approach to the crime which has caused the homicides there to skyrocket last year. Economically there is more confidence now in Louisiana where oil and gas is big and in West Virginia where coal is king. It was definitely in our best interest for Trump to back out of the Paris treaty and to repeal some of Obama's anti-coal and anti-energy regulations. Some coal mines have opened back up in Appalachia and there are new petrochemical projects planned in Louisiana and next door in Texas too. We are also very glad that the Keystone XL pipeline will be constructed.

Old 07-11-2017, 02:37 AM

3,211 posts, read 2,242,674 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by survivingearth View Post
How Trump presidency is affecting diversity in your city?
No impact where I live as far as I can see and we have a significant Hispanic population.

Old 07-11-2017, 02:37 AM

9,418 posts, read 13,496,448 times
Quote:
It's not.

Old 07-11-2017, 05:31 AM

Location: East of Seattle since 1992, 615' Elevation, Zone 8b - originally from SF Bay Area
44,576 posts, read 81,167,557 times
We never had a noticeable presence of illegals. We are getting just as many Asians, especially from India moving in. Some places, such as the Redmond WA Costco will have what seems like a majority of Indian people.

Old 07-11-2017, 05:34 AM

7,150 posts, read 4,903,640 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hemlock140 View Post
We never had a noticeable presence of illegals. We are getting just as many Asians, especially from India moving in. Some places, such as the Redmond WA Costco will have what seems like a majority of Indian people.
Checking everyone's papers??

Old 07-11-2017, 05:54 AM

7,975 posts, read 7,350,826 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swingblade View Post
Diversity has remained the same here the Amish population is still in the minority and the buggy traffic has not grown.

The Amish population has grown here a bit...farm land is cheap as always. The buggy hitches are always full at the Aldi's and WalMart and every other stand at the Farmer's Market is run by Amish. Number of African Americans pretty much unchanged...I work at the local junior/sr high school and we still count about 6 to 8 AA students at most in the 6 grades housed in the school. No Syrian refugees in the area. I don't think any of it has anything to do with the Trump presidency, though.

Old 07-11-2017, 09:21 AM

27,214 posts, read 46,741,218 times
Quote:
It's not the Trump diversity but the Obama bashing of good cops as well as creating and increasing hatred! When Obama started to defend people due to their color and openly accusing others while not having the facts, is when this country went down hill and sadly issues were created and throwing this country back decades!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies