Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-11-2017, 07:38 AM

33,547 posts, read 18,143,148 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by G1.. View Post
James Taylor does it.Springsteen does it.Many major performers are anti Trump and with good reason.
Springsteen made his money on lyrics singing about the blight of closed factories and the death of industry. Now we FINALLY have Trump to rectify this blight and dufus Springsteen is against Trump . What a dirtbag he is. His music is a lie.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-11-2017, 07:40 AM

2,274 posts, read 1,337,787 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bondaroo View Post
Anyone who is supposedly fan enough of Roger Waters to go see the show should not be surprised he got political. It's not exactly a new thing, or a secret!
Anybody that goes to a Roger Waters show knows he is going to get political and that he is a liberal.

Old 07-11-2017, 07:43 AM

13,648 posts, read 20,767,629 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shorman View Post
Anybody that goes to a Roger Waters show knows he is going to get political and that he is a liberal.
Liberal? He is way more than that.

Old 07-11-2017, 07:45 AM

28,164 posts, read 25,289,646 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stan4 View Post
Agree.

Thrice I have gone to concerts for fun and then had to listen to political ravings of the performers. 2 times liberal and once conservative.

And they all cheezed me off. I paid I PAID PAID PAID to hear you sing. Not mouth off your stupid ass irrelevant opinions and ruin a nice time.

Anyone who knows basic etiquette knows that you don't bring up politics at a party.

I've been going to concerts for a long time. But now forget it.

Meh. Anyone who is such a fan of an artist should know what the artist is all about. I'd expect political stuff at a Pink Floyd concert. Same goes for Rage Against the Machine, Public Enemy, Green Day, CCR and Megadeath.

I mean I wonder if the people getting cheezed off by the likes of PF would also be just as cheezed off by the likes of Toby Keith, Ted Nugent and Madison Rising?

Old 07-11-2017, 07:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magritte25 View Post
Meh. Anyone who is such a fan of an artist should know what the artist is all about. I'd expect political stuff at a Pink Floyd concert. Same goes for Rage Against the Machine, Public Enemy, Green Day, CCR and Megadeath.

I mean I wonder if the people getting cheezed off by the likes of PF would also be just as cheezed off by the likes of Toby Keith, Ted Nugent and Madison Rising?

Yes, I would be annoyed.

Assuming I would pay for a Keith, Nugent or MR concert, which I would not.

Old 07-11-2017, 07:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moth View Post
Never seen Taylor. Springsteen makes a few remarks here and there. No big deal.

Waters changes the very themes and meanings of his work to support his preaching. And his preaching is endless ...

Big difference.
What themes and meanings does he change?

PF has always been anti-war, anti-capitalism, anti-corruption, alienation from the whole, etc.

Old 07-11-2017, 07:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magritte25 View Post
What themes and meanings does he change?

PF has always been anti-war, anti-capitalism, anti-corruption, alienation from the whole, etc.
Anti-capitalism with $300 tickets and VIP sections?

LOL! Yea right!

Old 07-11-2017, 07:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
Springsteen made his money on lyrics singing about the blight of closed factories and the death of industry. Now we FINALLY have Trump to rectify this blight and dufus Springsteen is against Trump . What a dirtbag he is. His music is a lie.
Wait a minute here. In one sentence you say, "singing about the blight of closed factories and the death of industry" and go on to say, "Now we FINALLY have Trump to rectify this blight" and then go on to call Springsteen a liar and a dirtbag. So if Springsteen lied about blight, what exactly is Trump rectifying?

Also, I'd never call Springsteen's music patriotic yet many music critics erroneously did when Born in the U.S.A. came out. It never ceases to amaze me how people latch on to the imagery of a record cover rather than the substance of lyrics.

Old 07-11-2017, 07:51 AM

37,794 posts, read 40,990,020 times
Check his green card.

Old 07-11-2017, 07:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moth View Post
Yes, I would be annoyed.

Assuming I would pay for a Keith, Nugent or MR concert, which I would not.
Well, then perhaps one should pay more attention to the musicians they are paying money to go see. Me? I only pay to see concerts of those musicians that I really enjoy and appreciate. I already know what they are about before I set foot in the concert venue.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies