Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-12-2017, 08:19 AM

6,542 posts, read 4,092,166 times

Advertisements

I tend to think political theater is a bad thing, but then again, I give a **** about this country.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-12-2017, 08:26 AM

25,940 posts, read 22,089,429 times
There will always be, "Yeah, imagine if Hillary would have been elected.", and that alone will buy President Trump a lot of wiggle room.

I cannot believe that libs are still pouting, but then, expecting all the free stuff versus bringing back jobs..........

Old 07-12-2017, 08:27 AM

5,661 posts, read 3,520,022 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrt1979 View Post
As a centrist that believes in many liberal policies, I have completely turned my back on the Democratic party in recent years. Between the riots, constant crying, and unrealistic political correctness I just can't take the party serious anymore. Like a lot of people, I find liberal politics to be almost comical despite the fact that I agree with a lot of liberal policy. The Democratic party as a collective whole is just a complete joke at this point.

I still wake up every morning scratching my head wondering how on Earth a buffoon like Donald trump could get elected. That's until I watch the turd sandwich that the MSM is trying to feed me literally every day now. I have to admit, having big Don in the white house has been some of the greatest $hit I've ever seen. The guy is simply a ****ing legend on another level. Literally everything about this bizzaro world we're currently living in is too funny for words. Honestly, the Orange cheeto is actually doing a pretty damn good job. He's been way more effective than I thought he would be despite what our media tries to say.

Who's with me on this. How many other centrists feel like this? You don't really agree with Republicans, but you ****ing hate bleeding heart liberals and all their BS.......LOL
Sound like you are trying to start a cult as you libs say.

Old 07-12-2017, 08:29 AM

3,221 posts, read 1,735,868 times
Sorry but I don't abandon my principles just because I find a lot of people who share my values to be annoying.

Old 07-12-2017, 08:32 AM

76,975 posts, read 47,597,802 times
It is becoming clear the entertainment value was the one and only reason so many voted for him. People like to be entertained, and they are getting their money's worth.

A reality show in the White House. Many could not resist the appeal.

Millions of people don't give a rip about the actual politics, or they don't even know anything about it, but a reality show it something they like to watch.

Old 07-12-2017, 08:35 AM

5,067 posts, read 2,274,358 times
I'm a registered Republican, but I didn't vote for Trump. I cheered when NJ finally allowed gays to marry (in fact, one of my friends was the first to marry in the state). I don't want to see Roe v. Wade overturned, etc. However...

I wasn't unhappy when Trump won. In fact, I breathed a sigh of relief that we didn't get Hillary. The way the left and most of the media has been acting since the election, though, is almost making me wish I had voted for him. It's hard to believe that there are thinking people out there who insist America will meet its end because of one man. Really, people, use your brains. A good number of the Republicans in congress won't support Trump, we still have Democrats in office, and - most importantly - Trump hasn't done anything that can be construed as ruinous to the country if you're willing to be honest about it. You can disagree with his actions without declaring the sky to be falling and the country about to be wiped out.

Old 07-12-2017, 08:51 AM

34,300 posts, read 15,640,522 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDusty View Post
I tend to think political theater is a bad thing, but then again, I give a **** about this country.
There is a great deal of theater in politics. I suppose there are reasons for it and against it.
Watching the Judiciary Committee on the FBI nominee Christopher Way is more theater and grandstanding for political purpose than actually vetting IMO.
Senators can lie to the audience, mischaracterize, and slander politicians not in attendance without objection. Can't wait to hear Al Franken he might out do Dianne Feinstein who writes and delivers her brand of Shakespeare. Media makes a sport of it. Its the modern-day Roman circus without the chariots.
Trump has his brand of theater and a stage too.

Old 07-12-2017, 09:45 AM

18,757 posts, read 11,787,488 times
Everything in life is cyclical, including politics. The lunatic fringe even has a cycle as do the fanatics. The tide will turn.

(I don't hate anybody, including the president. I can't in all honesty support the damage he's doing to our country, and I don't understand fanaticism on both sides. Hate is a cancer of the soul.)

Old 07-12-2017, 09:50 AM

45,676 posts, read 23,994,029 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by swilliamsny View Post
I'm a registered Republican, but I didn't vote for Trump. I cheered when NJ finally allowed gays to marry (in fact, one of my friends was the first to marry in the state). I don't want to see Roe v. Wade overturned, etc. However...

I wasn't unhappy when Trump won. In fact, I breathed a sigh of relief that we didn't get Hillary. The way the left and most of the media has been acting since the election, though, is almost making me wish I had voted for him. It's hard to believe that there are thinking people out there who insist America will meet its end because of one man. Really, people, use your brains. A good number of the Republicans in congress won't support Trump, we still have Democrats in office, and - most importantly - Trump hasn't done anything that can be construed as ruinous to the country if you're willing to be honest about it. You can disagree with his actions without declaring the sky to be falling and the country about to be wiped out.
I did not vote for Trump either -- not a Republican or a Democrat but hold many of the same social views......I wouldn't vote for Trump to spite people. I do agree with you, to think one man can bring down the USA is ridiculous...kind of like folks thinking Obama destroyed everything that was great about the USA.

The rhetoric we hear from the left is the same over blown ramblings we heard from the right when Obama was president. Silly, surreal stuff.

Old 07-12-2017, 09:52 AM

1,649 posts, read 1,007,335 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
A centrist who HATES left bleeding hearts but tolerates intolerant alt-rights....not buying the centrist bit at all -- lol.

I think finding humor in all this is important because it is so sad......so yeah - -it is entertaining......

I disagree with a lot of what the far left represents. I disagree with a lot of what the far right represents too, but the far right doesn't shut the highways down when I have to drive to the Airport. The far right won't smash your windows for having a bumper sticker they disagree with. The far right doesn't destroy their own neighborhoods when they don't get their own way. At the end of the day, the far right is far more tolerant when it comes to actions. They just sorta believe in their nonsense, and leave me alone unless I ask them for their opinions. The far left is that annoying squeaky wheel on a grocery cart that ruins my shopping experience.

I am absolutely a centrist, but people that are partisan tend to think that if you disagree with them on anything then you're obviously "one of them." I'm 100% socially liberal. I'm not religious and give no ****s about any sort of morality nonsense related to organized religion. I pretty much don't care what anyone does as long as I don't have to pay for it, but I can't get on board with the whole libertarian thing because I do believe in some safety nets particularly when it comes to the environment people that ACTUALLY need help.

I find things I agree and disagree with in both parties; however, the members of one party despite the fact that I agree with them on a whole lot, drive me up the wall with their perpetual annoying whiny BS.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies