Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-12-2017, 10:00 AM

77,005 posts, read 47,592,894 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salmonburgher View Post

Where do you see Treason?

Do you even know what the word means?

I doubt that you do.

Treason is defined at Article 3, Section 3 of the US Constitution:

Treason against the United States, shall consist only in levying war against them, or in adhering to their enemies, giving them aid and comfort.

Now, can you explain to me where/how Trump is guilty of committing Treason?
You underlined "only", and left out the "or".

Adhere : abide by, stick to, hold to, comply with, act in accordance with, conform to, submit to, hew to; etc

The investigators will decide what he is guilty of, be it 'collude', 'conspire', 'treason', or whatever, or nothing.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-12-2017, 10:49 AM

17,984 posts, read 27,442,251 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrt1979 View Post
As a centrist that believes in many liberal policies, I have completely turned my back on the Democratic party in recent years. Between the riots, constant crying, and unrealistic political correctness I just can't take the party serious anymore. Like a lot of people, I find liberal politics to be almost comical despite the fact that I agree with a lot of liberal policy. The Democratic party as a collective whole is just a complete joke at this point.

I still wake up every morning scratching my head wondering how on Earth a buffoon like Donald trump could get elected. That's until I watch the turd sandwich that the MSM is trying to feed me literally every day now. I have to admit, having big Don in the white house has been some of the greatest $hit I've ever seen. The guy is simply a ****ing legend on another level. Literally everything about this bizzaro world we're currently living in is too funny for words. Honestly, the Orange cheeto is actually doing a pretty damn good job. He's been way more effective than I thought he would be despite what our media tries to say.

Who's with me on this. How many other centrists feel like this? You don't really agree with Republicans, but you ****ing hate bleeding heart liberals and all their BS.......LOL
Thank God, I really am not losing my mind.

I wish just one liberal anti/never Trumper would come in here and say, "Gee, the msm really have lost their marbles, the DNC, Obama administration, Clinton Campaign, academia, Hollywood, etc. are going out of their way to be hypocrites every day, I wonder how Trump manages to do anything."

His appointees have been slow-walked seven times more than that of any other President ever.

So whom does this hurt? Trump? Not even close. The White House? Not even close. Trumpettes and the O.P.? No. Evidently not. We're fine. The Democratic Party and all their snowflakes? Bingo.

They suffer from chronic resentments, mostly fancied ones, aka resentments going off in their heads which are mostly made-up or spoon-fed to them by their own media.

Old 07-12-2017, 11:00 AM

5,661 posts, read 3,519,509 times
Quote:

I disagree with a lot of what the far left represents. I disagree with a lot of what the far right represents too, but the far right doesn't shut the highways down when I have to drive to the Airport. The far right won't smash your windows for having a bumper sticker they disagree with. The far right doesn't destroy their own neighborhoods when they don't get their own way. At the end of the day, the far right is far more tolerant when it comes to actions. They just sorta believe in their nonsense, and leave me alone unless I ask them for their opinions. The far left is that annoying squeaky wheel on a grocery cart that ruins my shopping experience.

I am absolutely a centrist, but people that are partisan tend to think that if you disagree with them on anything then you're obviously "one of them." I'm 100% socially liberal. I'm not religious and give no ****s about any sort of morality nonsense related to organized religion. I pretty much don't care what anyone does as long as I don't have to pay for it, but I can't get on board with the whole libertarian thing because I do believe in some safety nets particularly when it comes to the environment people that ACTUALLY need help.

I find things I agree and disagree with in both parties; however, the members of one party despite the fact that I agree with them on a whole lot, drive me up the wall with their perpetual annoying whiny BS.
Wonderfully said.

Old 07-12-2017, 08:22 PM

9,837 posts, read 4,631,783 times
Quote:
As a centrist that believes in many liberal policies, I have completely turned my back on the Democratic party in recent years. Between the riots, constant crying, and unrealistic political correctness I just can't take the party serious anymore. Like a lot of people, I find liberal politics to be almost comical despite the fact that I agree with a lot of liberal policy. The Democratic party as a collective whole is just a complete joke at this point.

I still wake up every morning scratching my head wondering how on Earth a buffoon like Donald trump could get elected. That's until I watch the turd sandwich that the MSM is trying to feed me literally every day now. I have to admit, having big Don in the white house has been some of the greatest $hit I've ever seen. The guy is simply a ****ing legend on another level. Literally everything about this bizzaro world we're currently living in is too funny for words. Honestly, the Orange cheeto is actually doing a pretty damn good job. He's been way more effective than I thought he would be despite what our media tries to say.

Who's with me on this. How many other centrists feel like this? You don't really agree with Republicans, but you ****ing hate bleeding heart liberals and all their BS.......LOL
BULL, you are no centrist in any way shape or form.

One can google your posts here and see with ease a litany of attacks on the left and wild support for trump.

you have a post where you delight in the idea of grinding up drug addicts into dog food, and a whole bunch of nasty dehumanizing comments about low income americans.

in the quote below you fully expose what you are. your pretense at being centrist is nonsense and clearly untrue.

Quote:
Old 05-26-2017, 07:19 PM
jrt1979
Love thy neighbor

1,288 posts, read 349,640 times

Trump is already a legend. The balls on this guy wouldn't fit in a dump truck. These are glorious times we're living in.......lol

The left has gone bonkers. I actually identify with liberal based politics more than conservative based politics, but the last 6 months have been ****ing golden. Everyday is like a special little treat.
Rate this post positively

Old 07-12-2017, 08:43 PM

2,768 posts, read 1,581,495 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
You underlined "only", and left out the "or".

Adhere : abide by, stick to, hold to, comply with, act in accordance with, conform to, submit to, hew to; etc

The investigators will decide what he is guilty of, be it 'collude', 'conspire', 'treason', or whatever, or nothing.
No. The investigators will not decide on guilt.

Our system does not work that way.

In any event, the Treason Clause of the Constitution applies ONLY to disloyal acts committed during times of war.

Wanna try again?

Old 07-12-2017, 08:44 PM

32,053 posts, read 15,037,205 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
Now if the Senate would do their job,which they haven''t for years and years we could move along. The president can only do so much. The Dems are useless to the American people today as far as doing anything good for the American people.

The Republican Rinos are haters of Trump and always show themselves siding with the haters proving they are RINOS. We need these idiots to go away or work to make it better for Americans.
I always hear conservatives say leave it up to the states. So what exactly do you want the federal government to do for you. The red states use Obamacare the most so I guess you want Trump to take it away from them? The Republicans control it all....yet they can't get anything done so don't even bring the Dems into this.

Old 07-12-2017, 09:46 PM

1,896 posts, read 810,598 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tall Traveler View Post
Sure, the sad treatment of Donald Trump by the media and others has made my commitment to him much stronger....he was elected, let him do his job.
Tell that to the GOP controlled Congress, they aren't passing his stuff and aren't getting in line.

Old 07-12-2017, 09:47 PM

1,896 posts, read 810,598 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
Now if the Senate would do their job,which they haven''t for years and years we could move along. The president can only do so much. The Dems are useless to the American people today as far as doing anything good for the American people.

The Republican Rinos are haters of Trump and always show themselves siding with the haters proving they are RINOS. We need these idiots to go away or work to make it better for Americans.
Not every GOP controlled state wants to see medicaid reduction and/or import tariffs.

Old 07-12-2017, 09:53 PM

15,088 posts, read 13,443,317 times
Quote:

You're not a "centrist." Quit with the act.

The MSM is revealing important facts about how everyone in his camp meets with Russians. That's what MSM should be doing. I guess evidence like that makes you wince.

Old 07-12-2017, 09:57 PM

26,656 posts, read 28,650,295 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
I always hear conservatives say leave it up to the states. So what exactly do you want the federal government to do for you. The red states use Obamacare the most so I guess you want Trump to take it away from them? The Republicans control it all....yet they can't get anything done so don't even bring the Dems into this.
Yeh, wait until you need health insurance and there isn't any. The Republicans can't figure out how to repair Obamacare so they're just going to repeal it. REPEAL. REPEAL. They love that word. It must feel really good to say it. REPEAL! It could be fixed but that would take bipartisan work and sadly, this country isn't capable of that sort of thing anymore. I'm in the middle, slightly left of center and I don't want kids and disabled, poor, losing health care. Everyone needs to have health care in place because you never know when you'll need it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies