Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-13-2017, 07:58 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,193,725 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruzincat View Post
So, you are all for "separate but equal", I gather?
Did I say that? I haven't said a thing about separate but equal. Don't even know where you're getting that from.

I'm for folks doing whatever the hell they want to do as long as it's legal. That's all.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-13-2017, 08:21 PM

73,007 posts, read 62,598,043 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
No you are not.

As I have said in previous threads on this subject, who wins an elections matters far more than who you vote for, as simply voting for someone does not make their policies happen.

There are more black people in the state of Georgia than any so called liberal state.

So while you attack black people for not voting how you like, you seem to forget that the candidates they support tend to lose more often than not, meaning we are governed by the conservative principles you claim would help us and yet never do.

explain that ?
I want to add more to what you've said. I live in Georgia, about 45 minutes west of Atlanta. This is indeed a conservative state. However, it isn't because Blacks are somehow more conservative in Georgia. The majority Black areas in Georgia voted for Clinton in this election. Outside of 4 metro Atlanta counties, the rest of the state supported Trump, including the county I live in. Georgia has been ruled consistently by Republican governors since 2002. Georgia has one of the highest unemployment rates in the USA. Georgia also has some of the worst unemployment benefits in the nation, and the time length for receiving those benefits is among the shortest in the USA. There are likely alot more people unemployed in Georgia than you think.

Old 07-13-2017, 09:25 PM

26,493 posts, read 15,070,512 times
Quote:
What civil rights did JFK vote against as Senator, because Gov Track says both he and LB voted in favor of the 1957 Civil rights act

https://www.govtrack.us/congress/votes/85-1957/s75
Everyone knows that LBJ weakened the 1957 Civil Rights Act and took the teeth out of it.

Wow, LBJ took the teeth out of the 1957 Civil Rights Act to the chagrin of Ike, but to the joys of the Southern Democrats so he could position himself as a party leader and then voted for the hollow bill.

Don't distort.

The 1957 Civil Rights Act - History Learning Site

Old 07-13-2017, 09:47 PM

1,348 posts, read 792,156 times
Thomas Sowell is the cat's meow and a great American. Rarely, has a finer, and more honest, mind graced this country.

You all would do yourselves a service to read about him.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thomas_Sowellhttps://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thomas_Sowell

Old 07-13-2017, 11:29 PM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 22 days ago)

29,550 posts, read 16,539,320 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by McGowdog View Post
So you're a victim.

Are you hungry? Step on up to the plate and eat. Come get some. Don't sit around and wait for the crumbs the Libs mete out for you whilst being held underneath their thumb.
Im not a victim, but even If I claimed I was, what would that have to do with my question and this forum.

Your argument was that it was liberal policies that hurt black people over the last 40 or so years, even though Republicans have controlled a majority share in the Presidency, Congress, Governorships and State legislatures in that time period.

You are blaming Demcrats for the state of black people, but it has been Republicans and Conservatives in charge.

Why is it that you do not have the ability to respond to the context of the comment ??????

Old 07-13-2017, 11:36 PM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 22 days ago)

29,550 posts, read 16,539,320 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by michiganmoon View Post
Everyone knows that LBJ weakened the 1957 Civil Rights Act and took the teeth out of it.

Wow, LBJ took the teeth out of the 1957 Civil Rights Act to the chagrin of Ike, but to the joys of the Southern Democrats so he could position himself as a party leader and then voted for the hollow bill.

Don't distort.

The 1957 Civil Rights Act - History Learning Site
Even if you did not read the post I was responding to, you had to read the first half of the sentence you were responding to. Meaning you are purposefully being obtuse right now and pretending that the comment was about how good the bill was rather than whether or not JFK voted for it.

I thought you were better than that.

Old 07-13-2017, 11:47 PM

2,768 posts, read 1,583,215 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
If you ain't black, then it's none of your concern.
That's Racist!

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post

I'm for folks doing whatever the hell they want to do as long as it's legal.
Yay! That's something on which we can agree!

Old 07-14-2017, 12:43 AM

18,013 posts, read 27,460,166 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Salmonburgher View Post
That's Racist!

Yay! That's something on which we can agree!
He's black so he's allowed to say that.

Quote:
Im not a victim, but even If I claimed I was, what would that have to do with my question and this forum.

Your argument was that it was liberal policies that hurt black people over the last 40 or so years, even though Republicans have controlled a majority share in the Presidency, Congress, Governorships and State legislatures in that time period.

You are blaming Demcrats for the state of black people, but it has been Republicans and Conservatives in charge.

Why is it that you do not have the ability to respond to the context of the comment ??????
Policies shmolicies. The Media, dnc, academia, Deep State, pop culture, need I go on? ... are all very liberal. They give minorities and poor immigrants just enough... Crumbs to get by, a little cheese here, a little chedda there... in turn for their vote and a nice pad in thee ghetto.

Yeah, it's all about victimhood and playing on their fears. They also trash organized religion because that works for a few.

Some get out of the ghetto and go off to become CEOs due to pure hunger. Others just make it out.

Remember what I said... "So our troubles we think are of our own making." Statement of hope.

Old 07-14-2017, 02:29 AM

15,063 posts, read 6,173,585 times
Traditional American culture has such an obsession with what people of African origin do. I pity them but it is somewhat amusing.

It's even more hilarious to see people get excited when a couple "black" people support their little obsession.

LOL...it's likely some form of mental illness.

Liberal plantation, conservative blah blah blah...get a life and some real culture. Perhaps then you won't be obsesued with others.

Old 07-14-2017, 02:30 AM

13,586 posts, read 13,118,325 times
For real, I'm a reverse Oreo, and any Plantation remark is seriously bs. We know who owns the plantation. It's ignorant white people who keep voting against their own self interest. And you are their slaves. And you people continue to vote against basic worker rights.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies