Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-14-2017, 08:41 AM

18,010 posts, read 27,456,617 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kajo13 View Post
Um, 70% of black are employed and lower middle-class to one percenters. So the majority of black people don't need crumbs, don't need cheese, aren't victims and certainly aren't fearful. Do you know any black people? Fearful is not a word that remotely describes an entire race that has borne the brunt of humanity's wickedness and still prevails.

I think you need to head over to Appalachia, and preach to those folks. Tell them to get off the government teet.
Anger and resentment is fear! Period!

Poor white-trash? Why don't you just say that? Another concern for another thread imo.

Do I know any black people? I don't know, I'm color-blind.

No wait, I actually do. I've friended a couple of them on Twitter and Facebook. So yeah, I've got my blacks. I believe their names are Brunell-donald Kyei and Sheriff David Clarke.

Why do you ask?

Idk. It may just be me but I have a hard time believing the Democrats give a flip about the Civil Rights Act when they used the KKK as their military Arm.

From my first post in here, and thank you a bunch for the fifteenth or so and counting +reps I've gotten on it so far...

The 1960s Act merely tried to claim laws that were already put into the Constitution 100 years previously by the, that’s right, Republicans.
A little known fact, more Republicans than Democrats voted for the 1964 Civil Rights Act.
Today’s Democrats take credit for Civil Rights legislation.
So what’s their contribution? They finally agreed to stop filibustering it so it could pass.

And I should add to it what Moon pointed out, once the Democrats get their hands on a good thing, they take the teeth out of it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NigerianNightmare View Post
This is racist. If Mcdowdog doesn't think this is racist after saying what desertdetroiter said is somehow racist then you sir, don't know what racism is.
The equivalent version of what Taratova said would be: "Whites don't know how to not shoot up schools, they shoot schools up they look for schools under rocks, anywhere they can find them to shoot them up again." That's is a racist statement just like calling black people victims.

Their is a reason why a third of the blacks who vote for Republicans want to be white. Half of them are mostly immigrants (heavily Nigerian) like myself and they want to kill/jail the gays more than anything so they vote republican, the remains sixth of them are decent people.

"I call out to black immigrants who vote republican to get off the republican plantation, and get over your bigotry."
-NigerianNightmare 2017
Certain black folks want to call each other the N word. I don't give a flip.

I'm also sick of talking about Black people all the time. What about every other "minority" on the planet?

Some folks just don't even need to be called minority.

Russia Russia Russia! Waa!

Nigerian Nightmare? Who's that? Isn't that Christian Okoye? My bro Steve Atwater took care of him with one hit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
LBJ stated he bought blacks by expanding welfare for their votes.. it worked but the tax payer is on the hook for the buying.

Blacks don't know how to not be a victim..they look for racism under rocks, anywhere they can find it to use the victim card again and again..

I learned years ago that justice is not always served.. I grew up..
I can't say I agree with that.

Anybody would be tempted by living on the dole. I was, according to my friends when I was on unemployment. Problem is, for some, it just don't work. My friends told me if I wasn't working, I was a bum. They said do anything. Collect grocery carts, whatever. I delivered pizza. It turned into a great job.

Black is a color, not a description of a person. Race, creed, color, gender, socio-economic status, sexual preferences, etc. That don't define us.

That's all ego.

Last edited by McGowdog; 07-14-2017 at 09:19 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-14-2017, 08:43 AM

6,470 posts, read 4,071,063 times
Quote:
LBJ stated he bought blacks by expanding welfare for their votes.. it worked but the tax payer is on the hook for the buying.

Blacks don't know how to not be a victim..they look for racism under rocks, anywhere they can find it to use the victim card again and again..

This is racist. If Mcdowdog doesn't think this is racist after saying what desertdetroiter said is somehow racist then you sir, don't know what racism is.
The equivalent version of what Taratova said would be: "Whites don't know how to not shoot up schools, they shoot schools up they look for schools under rocks, anywhere they can find them to shoot them up again." That's is a racist statement just like calling black people victims.

Their is a reason why a third of the blacks who vote for Republicans want to be white. Half of them are mostly immigrants (heavily Nigerian) like myself and they want to kill/jail the gays more than anything so they vote republican, the remains sixth of them are decent people.

"I call out to black immigrants who vote republican to get off the republican plantation, and get over your bigotry."
-NigerianNightmare 2017

Old 07-14-2017, 11:25 AM

15,063 posts, read 6,171,874 times
Quote:

So that means whites were owned prior to blacks as welfare existed prior to blacks being eligible for it.

Welfare only became a problem for many when it was opened to minorities. So no, it's not blacks playing the victim. It's ignorant whites who are playing the victim because they feel harmed when something isn't available to them alone. It's spoiled child behavior. They feel entitled to any and everything to the exclusion of others because that's how it was for so long.

Last edited by ReineDeCoeur; 07-14-2017 at 11:41 AM..

Old 07-14-2017, 11:47 AM

37,949 posts, read 17,859,151 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
In addition, between the two candidates, Johnson and Goldwater, it was Goldwater, the Republican, who voted against the Civil Rights Act.

And to go further, the Southern Strategy.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Southern_strategy

And a modern day version: https://newrepublic.com/article/1300...trump-possible
The private sector losing their rights was the reason Goldwater voted against it. I agree. It's another progressive policy with government control, no different than Jim Crow.

LBJ called the Civil Rights Act, the N*gg*r Bill. Tell me he cared.

Old 07-14-2017, 01:09 PM

34,230 posts, read 18,571,948 times
Well it started with FDR, but LBJ ratcheted up to a new level. What has 53 years of the Great Society, and War on Poverty gotten the poor? Dependency, and generations of Welfare recipients stuck on the planation due to liberal/progressive polices. Also, how many cities are controlled by Democrats, especially the larger cities?

Old 07-14-2017, 01:17 PM

13,586 posts, read 13,115,850 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1grin_g0 View Post
It's ignorant to pretend that you have a superior insight in to what's best for someone else. Regardless, your point doesn't make any sense. How can "ignorant white people" own the plantation and still be slaves? Slaves to who?
Corporate America, and old money. I did not say you owned the plantation. Neither of us do. I'm a white woman, and I can see what is tearing us all apart. It's not racism, nor bigotry, it's the corporate elite, but people keep voting for them. It's like chickens voting for the butcher. Cause "abortion" and "homos".

Old 07-14-2017, 05:52 PM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 21 days ago)

29,549 posts, read 16,536,658 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by michiganmoon View Post
You mentioned that he voted for the 1957 Civil Rights Act - as if he supported Civil Rights at the time.

He was the leader in weakening that measure so he could vote for it. He would have voted against it had it been a good Civil Rights Act as intended.

Your point was clearly BS. You were either distorting or you were ignorant of basic history - either way a bad look that you keep dodging this.
The individual I responded to said "voted", not support. Both JFK and LBJ voted for the bill. So you are wrong again.

Like I said earlier, the person i was responding to didnt mention whether or not he or she thought the CRA of 1957 was good or bad, watered down or not. That wasnt part of their argument. It was strictly who voted for what.

Instead of you saying "yea, that dude was wrong" or not responding to me at all, you choose to make a grandiose argument and claim you could read minds.

Old 07-18-2017, 12:14 PM

18,010 posts, read 27,456,617 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot1 View Post
Well it started with FDR, but LBJ ratcheted up to a new level. What has 53 years of the Great Society, and War on Poverty gotten the poor? Dependency, and generations of Welfare recipients stuck on the planation due to liberal/progressive polices. Also, how many cities are controlled by Democrats, especially the larger cities?
Bingo.

Old 07-18-2017, 02:01 PM

73,007 posts, read 62,585,728 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post
The private sector losing their rights was the reason Goldwater voted against it. I agree. It's another progressive policy with government control, no different than Jim Crow.

LBJ called the Civil Rights Act, the N*gg*r Bill. Tell me he cared.
Well, if Goldwater had supported the bill, more Blacks would have voted for him(the ones that could vote). Honestly, in the private sector, Blacks were still in a position where they were put last, if at all. And the definition of progressivism is the support and advocacy for social reform. Jim Crow was not about that by any stretch.

I never said LBJ cared for Blacks all that much, but Goldwater wasn't really doing anything for Blacks either. And I noticed you have ignored everything I posted about the Southern Strategy.

Old 07-18-2017, 02:06 PM

73,007 posts, read 62,585,728 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot1 View Post
No one is "stuck" on welfare. Many people choose to make it a lifestyle for themselves. However, for those who want to better themselves, it is alot easier to do it these days than back in FDR's days.

Most large cities are controlled by Democrats. Seattle, Portland, Denver, San Jose, Madison, Columbus, St. Paul, Boston. None of those cities would ever be mistaken for Memphis, Detroit, Baltimore, St. Louis, New Orleans, Birmingham, Oakland, Newark, Milwaukee. Why is San Jose doing well but Oakland isn't?(and both are part of the Bay Area). Milwaukee had a riot last year and has alot of problems, but Madison, which is in the same state as Milwaukee, also controlled by Democrats, is in much better shape than Milwaukee. Seattle is growing in population and people want to move there. Detroit is bleeding population.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies