U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Should the Machine Gun Resistry be opened to include Machine Guns manufactured after May 1986
Yes the Machine Gun Resistry should be opened up to Machines made after May of 1986. 24 72.73%
No the Machine Gun Resistry should be remain closed Machines made after May of 1986. 6 18.18%
Yes But at an addition cost of say $1000 1 3.03%
Don't care either way. 3 9.09%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 33. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old Yesterday, 10:26 PM

1,958 posts, read 339,094 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
What the hell is wrong with you people? Why does anyone need a machine gun?
Because
1.The right of the people to keep and bear arms Shall Not be infringed.
The NFA and Hughes ammendment are unconstitutional.

2.They're the most fun you can have with your clothes on.

3. Bill of rights. Not bill of needs.

https://petitions.whitehouse.gov/petition/repeal-nfa
266,978 people (I being one of them) see differently.

Why shouldn't I be allowed to own a newly manufactured MG42 or M60?
It's my money buying it. My money feeding it.

Give me a legitimate reason why they shouldnt be allowed to be newly produced and available at my local gun stores.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old Yesterday, 10:31 PM

We're all ears.

Seriously. Other than incessant fear, what reason should they be banned?

Old Yesterday, 10:49 PM

23,193 posts, read 10,120,772 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
What the hell is wrong with you people? Why does anyone need a machine gun?
Why does anybody need a sports car, a dirt bike or a cheesecake?

I wouldn't get an automatic weapon due to the expense of ammo.

I do have a sweet little suppressor for my 22 rifle and 22 pistol, but that doesn't cost me anything else after the purchase. I've considered getting one for my 9's, but that would require getting threaded barrels for them. I bought the 22s already threaded knowing they'd be suppressed. They are part of my SHTF goodies.

Old Yesterday, 10:57 PM

21,919 posts, read 10,634,885 times
What I find funny is that a Citizen that is serving their Nation or Community in the military or in LE is trustworthy with darn near any kind of firearm imaginable, then the day they leave the service or LE they are not now trustworthy, the thinking defies logic.
Personally I do not have any desire to own a "machine gun", even though I would Love to own that PIG (M60) I humped over every awful place one can think of, but definitely worth the effort when the SHTF and fun to shoot. That said, I found that in practical use the "spray and pray" method as being fairly useless except in a few rare cases, besides I spend more than enough money each month on ammo, I do not need a method that burns through it even faster.
I see no reason that law abiding Citizens should not be allowed to own them without having to pay Uncle Sam his extortion fees, it has little to do with public safety and everything to do with the government squeezing people for money to exercise their Rights.
As for suppressors, I will remind some here that many counties actually prefer, and some even require that hunters use them to reduce noise pollution for those living near a hunting area. Again, I do not feel the need to own one and could make one in my shop in no time at all, but they have lots of downsides, especially when it comes to accuracy and negative affects to the operation of firearm. If someone wants one they should be free to do so, the idea of outlawing them, except if you pay the Man for the right, is down right insulting.

Old Yesterday, 11:04 PM

735 posts, read 417,256 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
What I find funny is that a Citizen that is serving their Nation or Community in the military or in LE is trustworthy with darn near any kind of firearm imaginable, then the day they leave the service or LE they are not now trustworthy, the thinking defies logic.
Personally I do not have any desire to own a "machine gun", even though I would Love to own that PIG (M60) I humped over every awful place one can think of, but definitely worth the effort when the SHTF and fun to shoot. That said, I found that in practical use the "spray and pray" method as being fairly useless except in a few rare cases, besides I spend more than enough money each month on ammo, I do not need a method that burns through it even faster.
I see no reason that law abiding Citizens should not be allowed to own them without having to pay Uncle Sam his extortion fees, it has little to do with public safety and everything to do with the government squeezing people for money to exercise their Rights.
As for suppressors, I will remind some here that many counties actually prefer, and some even require that hunters use them to reduce noise pollution for those living near a hunting area. Again, I do not feel the need to own one and could make one in my shop in no time at all, but they have lots of downsides, especially when it comes to accuracy and negative affects to the operation of firearm. If someone wants one they should be free to do so, the idea of outlawing them, except if you pay the Man for the right, is down right insulting.

My best friend when he was alive would say the same thing, any real operator will almost never use full auto in a firefight, it wastes too much ammo, much harder to hit the targets on full auto, and when you are "In Country" ammo is your life blood. My friend Carl would say you can get a much better fire suppression with a few well placed shots, and still have ammo left over.

And besides my friend Carl had a fast enough trigger finger, you would think he was firing full auto, when he was using a semi-automatic weapon, and a fast trigger finger. I watched my go through 8 rounds in a Benelli M1 under 2 seconds.

Last edited by rigby06; Yesterday at 11:07 PM.. Reason: adding information

Old Yesterday, 11:06 PM

21,919 posts, read 10,634,885 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rigby06 View Post
My best friend when he was alive would say the same thing, any real operator will almost never use full auto in a firefight, it wastes too much ammo, much harder to hit the targets on full auto, and when you are "In Country" ammo is your life blood. My friend Carl would say you can get a much better fire suppression with a few well placed shots, and still have ammo left over.
Your friend was 100% correct.

Old Yesterday, 11:15 PM

My friend Carl, myself, and my father were at a local outdoor range, I did not hear this particular conversation between Carl and my father, but Carl was telling my father that when hip firing quickly the firearm would continue to rise up and eventually be off of the target.

I did not hear this part of the conversation, I decided to take a 1911, was with in 10 feet of the target, pulled it out of the holster, fired the entire 8 round magazine from the hip. I hit the target 1st shot in the stomach area, and each shot there after was in a rough straight vertical line, until the 8th shot was off the target. High right shoulder area.

Carl watched this, came over and said, see this is exactly what I was taking about.

Old Yesterday, 11:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rigby06 View Post
My friend Carl, myself, and my father were at a local outdoor range, I did not hear this particular conversation between Carl and my father, but Carl was telling my father that when hip firing quickly the firearm would continue to rise up and eventually be off of the target.

I did not hear this part of the conversation, I decided to take a 1911, was with in 10 feet of the target, pulled it out of the holster, fired the entire 8 round magazine from the hip. I hit the target 1st shot in the stomach area, and each shot there after was in a rough straight vertical line, until the 8th shot was off the target. High right shoulder area.

Carl watched this, came over and said, see this is exactly what I was taking about.
Certain devices eliminate muzzle rise almost entirely. Like Miculeks brake and Spikes R2

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=xg0HEr...ature=youtu.be

Old Yesterday, 11:26 PM

2,106 posts, read 839,988 times
I'd love to see an anti gunners face when educated about bumpstocks...

Old Yesterday, 11:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NY_refugee87 View Post
Certain devices eliminate muzzle rise almost entirely. Like Miculeks brake and Spikes R2

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=xg0HEr...ature=youtu.be

I saw that video, I would want that type of muzzle break as well, even on the slow motion there was not that much rise in the barrel.

NY_refugee87; have you ever fired the Fabrique Nationale FN PS90? as it is it shoots like that. You can just about hold it on target and keep shooting it.

Last edited by rigby06; Yesterday at 11:28 PM.. Reason: update
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $99,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies