Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Should the Machine Gun Resistry be opened to include Machine Guns manufactured after May 1986
Yes the Machine Gun Resistry should be opened up to Machines made after May of 1986. 30 75.00%
No the Machine Gun Resistry should be remain closed Machines made after May of 1986. 7 17.50%
Yes But at an addition cost of say $1000 2 5.00%
Don't care either way. 3 7.50%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 40. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-13-2017, 11:35 PM

34,619 posts, read 21,611,728 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by madison999 View Post
I'd love to see an anti gunners face when educated about bumpstocks...
I've never used one, I've only seen videos, and in those, the rate of fire was fairly impressive.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-13-2017, 11:39 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,624,265 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rigby06 View Post
Can someone explain the benefit of keeping the Machine Gun registry closed to machine guns manufactured after May of 1986, other than price.

I can see with the limited number of Machine guns on the registry, that the surviving ones made prior to May of 1986 makes the price of them go way up. But is there any other benefit to it other than price?

After all one of the most dangerous parts of the firearm is the gun itself, Now the rate of fire is impacting. But it has already been shown, even on TV that a well trained person can shoot almost as fast as a machine gun can. Case in point an episode of American Guns, the gunsmiths made a lever action rifle for one of the fastest shooting young men in the country. The boy was about 14 or so, and already on the completion circuit. At the end one of the gunsmiths and the boy went head to head, the gunsmith had a fully automatic Uzi 9mm; and the boy had had his new rifle.

9 targets for each of them, the boy outshot the machine gun . He hit all 9 targets faster with a lever action rifle than the Uzi did.

Here is another example of an amazing shooter:

jerry miculik fastest revolver shooter in the world ipsc - YouTube

At this point I am not suggesting that the National Firearms Act be repealed. Just allow the Machine Gun Registry to be opened to Machine Guns made after May of 1986

Also if voting no it would be helpful to have you explain in the thread as to why it should remain closed, thanks

The Government has no business knowing what "arms" I have or don't have.
The 1934 Firearms act is unconstitutional.

Old 07-13-2017, 11:45 PM

1,645 posts, read 1,213,943 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
The Government has no business knowing what "arms" I have or don't have.
The 1934 Firearms act is unconstitutional.

I do not disagree with you, but to be a law abiding citizen, we either have to accept that the 1934 Firearms Act is lawful, and work to get the law changed. Or we can risk imprisonment in getting caught with a firearm that would fall under the 1934 Firearms Act. For me personally I will choose to work to get the law changed.

Old 07-13-2017, 11:52 PM

Quote:
I do not disagree with you, but to be a law abiding citizen, we either have to accept that the 1934 Firearms Act is lawful, and work to get the law changed. Or we can risk imprisonment in getting caught with a firearm that would fall under the 1934 Firearms Act. For me personally I will choose to work to get the law changed.

Randy Weaver sacrificed his family for us to all see, it is unconstitutional.

Old 07-14-2017, 12:17 AM

33,536 posts, read 37,140,220 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
Why does anybody need a sports car, a dirt bike or a cheesecake?

I wouldn't get an automatic weapon due to the expense of ammo.

I do have a sweet little suppressor for my 22 rifle and 22 pistol, but that doesn't cost me anything else after the purchase. I've considered getting one for my 9's, but that would require getting threaded barrels for them. I bought the 22s already threaded knowing they'd be suppressed. They are part of my SHTF goodies.
I've owned many different guns over the years, but never found a need for automatic weapons or silencers for hunting...You gun nuts really are nuts in my opinion.

Old 07-14-2017, 12:35 AM

1,645 posts, read 1,213,943 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
I've owned many different guns over the years, but never found a need for automatic weapons or silencers for hunting...You gun nuts really are nuts in my opinion.

Again with a personal attack, this thread was not started to attack any other City-Data member.

I started this thread to get in discussions about the merits or lack their of in keeping the Machine Gun Registry closed.

If the Machine Gun registry were to be opened up to firearms made after May of 1986, the overall price of Machine Guns would drop. Allowing more than just the rich to be able to enjoy owning a Machine Gun.

And as stated, the Second Amendment has nothing to do with hunting. But about allowing people to defend themselves against attackers, whether they were foreign or domestic.

Old 07-14-2017, 02:50 AM

27,307 posts, read 16,222,978 times
Quote:
Then I must be the nuttiest of them all. I am a Title III dealer and I legally sell fully automatic firearms. Shooting them is the most fun you can have with your clothes on.

Old 07-14-2017, 06:48 AM

Quote:

Hunting Tyrants? The sport making a comeback.

Noise reducers are great for your hearing health, and a must have when varmint hunting(hogs)

Last edited by BentBow; 07-14-2017 at 07:05 AM..

Old 07-14-2017, 06:54 AM

26,694 posts, read 14,563,173 times
Quote:
I didn't knew that what I need can be used to justify what you need. Thanks for teaching me this great lesson.

Old 07-14-2017, 09:15 AM

8,224 posts, read 3,496,850 times
Quote:
I saw that video, I would want that type of muzzle break as well, even on the slow motion there was not that much rise in the barrel.

NY_refugee87; have you ever fired the Fabrique Nationale FN PS90? as it is it shoots like that. You can just about hold it on target and keep shooting it.
I almost bought one for a truck gun. I'm waiting for the FK BRNO 7.5 pistol and to give that a shot to see what that shoots like.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=...&v=mymewEQiQhY
Drops a mule deer at 75 meters/82 yards.

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-310 View Post
Then I must be the nuttiest of them all. I am a Title III dealer and I legally sell fully automatic firearms. Shooting them is the most fun you can have with your clothes on.
I looked into it per the ATF site. I'd have to buy/lease a shop, barred windows, vault for class 3 items only, and limited to sell to government agencies/police departments/military contracts or other class 3s. They don't have an in depth explanation pertaining to post 86 samples though, those are bountiful on some online listing sites. And from how I interpreted the SOT, it seems if you don't do enough business to justify the SOT they can pull your license and you have to destroy everything and document such.

Quote:

How so?
Everything I enjoy for a hobby the government, be it federal or state, regulates/restricts.
2 stroke dirtbikes/atvs, firearms, building hotrods, building trucks (whether lifted or lowered)

I have 0 arrests, D.A.R.E. award winner-never touched drugs or ingested recreational drugs, had volunteered in both the clean up after Irene smoked the Catskills, and habitat for humanity building projects... For the most part I'm a model citizen.
I've had to get into pizzing matches with one type of law enforcement or another when I lived in NY when they'd try to write a ticket for a vehicle I owned. Whether snowmobile, lifted or lowered truck, whatever. All of those tickets were nonsense ways to generate revenue for the town/state. Nothing more or less.
That's what I love about Florida.
1. My windows are blacked out in my work Truck. I'm not bothered. NY would be a big time offense.
2. Can modify my vehicles however I want and will not be bothered.
3. Can own (short of class 3) any firearm/magazine I want.

So how would I be considered nuts other than I lack patience for stupidity and weakness? Because I have a different hobby than golf, or enjoy more than boring bolt actions and revolvers?
Just curious how you've arrived to the conclusion that we're nuts.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies