Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Should the Machine Gun Resistry be opened to include Machine Guns manufactured after May 1986
Yes the Machine Gun Resistry should be opened up to Machines made after May of 1986. 30 75.00%
No the Machine Gun Resistry should be remain closed Machines made after May of 1986. 7 17.50%
Yes But at an addition cost of say $1000 2 5.00%
Don't care either way. 3 7.50%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 40. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-13-2018, 09:28 AM

8,224 posts, read 3,462,098 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roboteer View Post
That would be closer to a $2,500 tax in 2018 dollars.
No. The tax is 200 dollars.
I own 4 suppressors. $800 in tax money sent to the ATF.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-13-2018, 06:16 PM

1,645 posts, read 1,203,844 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
It really doesnt matter either way, illegal machine guns flow in and out of the country despite the ban on anything 1986 or newer. bans and registries are rarely effective, this has been proven time and time again.

For me I would be interest in owing a Machine Gun, and also for me that would mean going through the legal route.

I have too much to loose to even thing about going about it in the illegal method.

Old 07-14-2018, 12:50 AM

4,821 posts, read 1,990,327 times
I wish they would lift the ban on fully automatic, Class III firearms. I currently live in a no MG State, but I would move within a year or two to a more free State if I could legally have several of my rifle converted to FA. But!! I'm not holding my breath since it's not going to happen... Ever... And there is something about "prisons" that is a good deterrent, which keeps me on the straight and narrow.

Btw, I thought this was done through Executive Order by President Reagan? If so, it would be far easier repeal it than if it was a law.

Old 07-14-2018, 02:03 AM

28,122 posts, read 12,437,598 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rigby06 View Post
For me I would be interest in owing a Machine Gun, and also for me that would mean going through the legal route.

I have too much to loose to even thing about going about it in the illegal method.
Unfortunately there are many people like this, its more convenient and easier to just go along to get along. being patriotic and standing up for patriotism is NOT convenient and NOT easy at all, thats why we celebrate and honor past AMerican patriots, the things they did at the time, were very unpopular and 'inconvenient', but they chose to do them anyway. How many of these past patriots would be recognized or celebrated today, if they had just sat down and complied/ obeyed?

Old 07-14-2018, 02:25 AM

1,645 posts, read 1,203,844 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bergun View Post
I wish they would lift the ban on fully automatic, Class III firearms. I currently live in a no MG State, but I would move within a year or two to a more free State if I could legally have several of my rifle converted to FA. But!! I'm not holding my breath since it's not going to happen... Ever... And there is something about "prisons" that is a good deterrent, which keeps me on the straight and narrow.

Btw, I thought this was done through Executive Order by President Reagan? If so, it would be far easier repeal it than if it was a law.

I don't believe it was done by Executive Order:

I believe it was done through Firearm Owners Protection Act:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Firear...Protection_Act

Lets just get part of that Firearm Owners Protection Act updated to allow new and newer machine guns to be added to that existing registry. You don't need to replace it or overturn it. Just open the registry to new machine guns is all.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies