Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Should the Machine Gun Resistry be opened to include Machine Guns manufactured after May 1986
Yes the Machine Gun Resistry should be opened up to Machines made after May of 1986. 30 75.00%
No the Machine Gun Resistry should be remain closed Machines made after May of 1986. 7 17.50%
Yes But at an addition cost of say $1000 2 5.00%
Don't care either way. 3 7.50%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 40. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-14-2017, 09:20 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,624,265 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NY_refugee87 View Post
I almost bought one for a truck gun. I'm waiting for the FK BRNO 7.5 pistol and to give that a shot to see what that shoots like.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=...&v=mymewEQiQhY
Drops a mule deer at 75 meters/82 yards.

I looked into it per the ATF site. I'd have to buy/lease a shop, barred windows, vault for class 3 items only, and limited to sell to government agencies/police departments/military contracts or other class 3s. They don't have an in depth explanation pertaining to post 86 samples though, those are bountiful on some online listing sites. And from how I interpreted the SOT, it seems if you don't do enough business to justify the SOT they can pull your license and you have to destroy everything and document such.

How so?
Everything I enjoy for a hobby the government, be it federal or state, regulates/restricts.
2 stroke dirtbikes/atvs, firearms, building hotrods, building trucks (whether lifted or lowered)

I have 0 arrests, D.A.R.E. award winner-never touched drugs or ingested recreational drugs, had volunteered in both the clean up after Irene smoked the Catskills, and habitat for humanity building projects... For the most part I'm a model citizen.
I've had to get into pizzing matches with one type of law enforcement or another when I lived in NY when they'd try to write a ticket for a vehicle I owned. Whether snowmobile, lifted or lowered truck, whatever. All of those tickets were nonsense ways to generate revenue for the town/state. Nothing more or less.
That's what I love about Florida.
1. My windows are blacked out in my work Truck. I'm not bothered. NY would be a big time offense.
2. Can modify my vehicles however I want and will not be bothered.
3. Can own (short of class 3) any firearm/magazine I want.

So how would I be considered nuts other than I lack patience for stupidity and weakness? Because I have a different hobby than golf, or enjoy more than boring bolt actions and revolvers?
Just curious how you've arrived to the conclusion that we're nuts.

Just buy an M1 trigger sear and safety catch, drill the lower for the safety catch retaining pin, so the selector will go full auto.
Turn your AR-15 into a M-15
and your AR-10 into an M-1
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-14-2017, 09:27 AM

27,307 posts, read 16,222,978 times
Quote:
I almost bought one for a truck gun. I'm waiting for the FK BRNO 7.5 pistol and to give that a shot to see what that shoots like.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=...&v=mymewEQiQhY
Drops a mule deer at 75 meters/82 yards.

I looked into it per the ATF site. I'd have to buy/lease a shop, barred windows, vault for class 3 items only, and limited to sell to government agencies/police departments/military contracts or other class 3s. They don't have an in depth explanation pertaining to post 86 samples though, those are bountiful on some online listing sites. And from how I interpreted the SOT, it seems if you don't do enough business to justify the SOT they can pull your license and you have to destroy everything and document such.

How so?
Everything I enjoy for a hobby the government, be it federal or state, regulates/restricts.
2 stroke dirtbikes/atvs, firearms, building hotrods, building trucks (whether lifted or lowered)

I have 0 arrests, D.A.R.E. award winner-never touched drugs or ingested recreational drugs, had volunteered in both the clean up after Irene smoked the Catskills, and habitat for humanity building projects... For the most part I'm a model citizen.
I've had to get into pizzing matches with one type of law enforcement or another when I lived in NY when they'd try to write a ticket for a vehicle I owned. Whether snowmobile, lifted or lowered truck, whatever. All of those tickets were nonsense ways to generate revenue for the town/state. Nothing more or less.
That's what I love about Florida.
1. My windows are blacked out in my work Truck. I'm not bothered. NY would be a big time offense.
2. Can modify my vehicles however I want and will not be bothered.
3. Can own (short of class 3) any firearm/magazine I want.

So how would I be considered nuts other than I lack patience for stupidity and weakness? Because I have a different hobby than golf, or enjoy more than boring bolt actions and revolvers?
Just curious how you've arrived to the conclusion that we're nuts.
The SOT was a Clinton money grab to drive the casual dealer out of the business. It's a niche business but when I obtained mine years ago the license is not predicated on who you sell to. I can sell anything to anyone as long as they pony up the $300 tax to process the paperwork through ATF. You must get a signature from your police chief or mayor or justice of the peace prior to filing the paperwork.

I have a safe bolted to the floor firerated to 1200 degrees F for storage in a basement with a secure door with no other access and guarded by the two meanest German Shepherds. ATF can do a compliance check without an appointment but they never leave the car or they would get torn to shreds by the dogs per the signage on the property. When they complain I tell them I am in compliance with their regulations.

Old 07-14-2017, 09:31 AM

8,224 posts, read 3,497,598 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
Just buy an M1 trigger sear and safety catch, drill the lower for the safety catch retaining pin, so the selector will go full auto.
Turn your AR-15 into a M-15
and your AR-10 into an M-1
Yeah that's fine and dandy until the range officer asks for paperwork...

10 years 250k dollar fine

Old 07-14-2017, 09:35 AM

27,307 posts, read 16,222,978 times
Quote:
Yeah that's fine and dandy until the range officer asks for paperwork...

10 years 250k dollar fine
Most public ranges don't like full auto weapons as the tend to chew targets to pieces. I used to fire my Barrett .50 at a thousand yard Range at a hanging steel gong but was asked to stop as even at that range I was destroying the gongs.

Old 07-14-2017, 09:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-310 View Post
The SOT was a Clinton money grab to drive the casual dealer out of the business. It's a niche business but when I obtained mine years ago the license is not predicated on who you sell to. I can sell anything to anyone as long as they pony up the $300 tax to process the paperwork through ATF. You must get a signature from your police chief or mayor or justice of the peace prior to filing the paperwork.

I have a safe bolted to the floor firerated to 1200 degrees F for storage in a basement with a secure door with no other access and guarded by the two meanest German Shepherds. ATF can do a compliance check without an appointment but they never leave the car or they would get torn to shreds by the dogs per the signage on the property. When they complain I tell them I am in compliance with their regulations.
so if anyone was approved they could send you a receiver to be converted? Or purchase a post 86 samples for private ownership? Then it's just a wait for ATF approval?

Old 07-14-2017, 09:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-310 View Post
Most public ranges don't like full auto weapons as the tend to chew targets to pieces. I used to fire my Barrett .50 at a thousand yard Range at a hanging steel gong but was asked to stop as even at that range I was destroying the gongs.
The ones I go to that allow full auto and rent full auto even 50 Barret will allow you to do so only with their ammo. Indoor or outdoor. The MP5 they use frangible ammo for steel targets and the indoor range only allows frangible ammo in the MP5 or lead round nose or hollow points. Cheaper to do round nose but it's nothing fancy, white box federal training ammo.

The AK runs steel cased wolf/tula that's marked up for profit of course, M16 they have runs 223 hollow point, not 5.56 193 or 855, they claim the 223 is easier on the barrel despite it being a chrome lined barrel they replace barrels every 5k rounds in both M16 and AK Absolutely NO tracers. Fire hazard. Once in a while the outdoor range will break out a SAW.

The 50, they don't place steel targets, they cut 2x4s in half, and use a strip across the top and bottom, have cement pads with square holes, set the targets in the pads at 100-1000 yards in 50 yard intervals, and you shoot from an elevated pad so it's always downhill. Despite a mountain of sand that's 50 feet tall and about 30 feet deep in a U shape, wall to the left and right of the lane and backstop. They do have a rannge dedicated for steel and it's bring your own steel but they must approve it. Then they have one range dedicated for tannerite explosive targets, can also set plastic bottles with water only due to those bastard fireants... they have multiple ranges for IDPA etc. I like the simunition course, they have a few buildings a road, retired cop car, and a vehicle to pursue. Did a couple police scenarios that became very enlightening... 9mm and 40 feel like paintballs. 223/5.56 HURT.

I was seriously considering buying a Spikes 37 Havoc launcher, they sell the dummy rounds for them there, the aluminum round nose projectiles and the reloading components for 37mm shells. It's not considered a destructive device nor a firearm They even have illumination flares with parachutes and the socks filled with sand and the hornets nest-60 cal rubber BBs.

Old 07-14-2017, 02:30 PM

1,645 posts, read 1,214,145 times
The current Poll counts, 22 in favor of opening up the Registry, 4 people are not, but only one person has even posted a negative comment, and that was a personal attack , and not a logical reason on why the Machine Gun Registry should remain closed.

Old 07-14-2017, 02:50 PM

8,061 posts, read 4,885,782 times
Most people do not own a Automatic fire arm. It requires a special permit to own one. Failed Thread!

This an going conversation on gun control of law abiding citizens is annoying. There is plenty of laws and a few states like NY and California who Oppress Gun Owner ship.

Old 07-14-2017, 02:55 PM

1,645 posts, read 1,214,145 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GHOSTRIDER AZ View Post
Most people do not own a Automatic fire arm. It requires a special permit to own one. Failed Thread!

This an going conversation on gun control of law abiding citizens is annoying. There is plenty of laws and a few states like NY and California who Oppress Gun Owner ship.

I never disputed the fact the owning a fully Automatic rifle required special permits. I am not even indicated that those special permits be abolished, which I think they should be. This thread is about should the Machine Gun Registry, which is currently closed to any civilian ownership of a Machine Gun made after May of 1986, and to own one is illegal. Be opened to allow more modern Machine Guns to be purchased by civilians.

Old 07-14-2017, 03:01 PM

22,768 posts, read 30,733,597 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rigby06 View Post
Can someone explain the benefit of keeping the Machine Gun registry closed to machine guns manufactured after May of 1986, other than price.

I can see with the limited number of Machine guns on the registry, that the surviving ones made prior to May of 1986 makes the price of them go way up. But is there any other benefit to it other than price?

After all one of the most dangerous parts of the firearm is the gun itself, Now the rate of fire is impacting. But it has already been shown, even on TV that a well trained person can shoot almost as fast as a machine gun can. Case in point an episode of American Guns, the gunsmiths made a lever action rifle for one of the fastest shooting young men in the country. The boy was about 14 or so, and already on the completion circuit. At the end one of the gunsmiths and the boy went head to head, the gunsmith had a fully automatic Uzi 9mm; and the boy had had his new rifle.

9 targets for each of them, the boy outshot the machine gun . He hit all 9 targets faster with a lever action rifle than the Uzi did.

Here is another example of an amazing shooter:

jerry miculik fastest revolver shooter in the world ipsc - YouTube

At this point I am not suggesting that the National Firearms Act be repealed. Just allow the Machine Gun Registry to be opened to Machine Guns made after May of 1986

Also if voting no it would be helpful to have you explain in the thread as to why it should remain closed, thanks
i think they should all be made illegal
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies