Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-13-2017, 07:55 PM

8,224 posts, read 3,496,023 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
I don't think you need to worry about someone using jewelry to murder someone. There are 200,000 guns lost or stolen each year so obviously there are many careless gun owners. I see was in Memphis recently and they passed a law that people are now allowed to possess loaded guns in a vehicle, you can guess how well that turned out.

200,000 guns disappearing each year is most definitely a problem, people take better care of their cell phones.
LOL the offenders are the FBI and other alphabet soup bureaucracies they have guns go missing like it's their job... Never mind the militaries armories...
Then there's the air marshal incident with leaving a loaded pistol in the bathroom...
How the hell do you leave a weapon in the bathroom!!!?!?
I'd feel naked if I didn't have mine on me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NVplumber View Post
Interesting. Does your source tell you who those guns are stolen from? Perhaps I should ask if you know who the biggest source of weapons to criminals is. The people who lose the most guns and other lethal ie s to theft every year. Every day actually. It's the US government. Do you hold them accountable? Do they bear any responsibility?

I would say they do, but they have this knack of dodging it and pointing the finger at the citizens. Try a d find any data on how many weapons go missing from government posession each year. You'll find it an exercise in futility. When you see pictures on the news of pice and feds proudly showing a haul of M4s, Sigs, Glocks and such sized from gangs or other criminals are you buying these weapons were stolen from citizens and gun stores? That's what they want you to believe. I guess the grenades and explosives they size came from someone car or garage too?

Before we start talking about accountability for stolen weapons it should be made to be sure that accountability is a pie fairly.
Cough Eric Holder Cough.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-13-2017, 08:25 PM

41,479 posts, read 59,778,277 times
I am a raving left wing liberal compared to many on this forum. I define gun control as: Select a legitimate target and hit it with your first shot. The primary problem is defining "legitimate".

IMHO every person has a right to defend themselves from physical assault. This is easier to do and much more effective if the would be victim is alert, aware and armed.

Old 07-13-2017, 08:29 PM

4,481 posts, read 2,285,399 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GHOSTRIDER AZ View Post
The Left reason only to control guns is not people lives, its more like controlling the masses. Most gun owners are responsible and the only who break laws is criminals.
my other point the Left thinks they can control every aspect of peoples lives. Most people do not even carry a firearm on a daily basis.
Control the masses, make them dependent on the government.

Old 07-13-2017, 08:35 PM

9,437 posts, read 7,368,395 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CCbaxter View Post
Perhaps they don't give a $hit, about fundie wordplay, they just would like not to be shot.
Don't be a criminal then. Law abiding citizens have almost zero chance of being shot. Someone who gave a $hit about actual facts (which leaves out all ignorant anti gun nuts) would know that.

Old 07-13-2017, 08:47 PM

57,264 posts, read 26,199,434 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NY_refugee87 View Post
LOL the offenders are the FBI and other alphabet soup bureaucracies they have guns go missing like it's their job... Never mind the militaries armories...
Then there's the air marshal incident with leaving a loaded pistol in the bathroom...
How the hell do you leave a weapon in the bathroom!!!?!?
I'd feel naked if I didn't have mine on me.

Cough Eric Holder Cough.
Do you have statistics to support your claim?

Old 07-13-2017, 08:54 PM

9,138 posts, read 5,802,841 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
Please explain how a gun purchased before 1998 and stolen since then falls under that umbrella? Answer - it doesn't.

Plus, in CA it's now only a misdemeanor to steal a gun less than 1000 bucks.
They pass meaningless restrictions that only non-criminals will abide by
and call it "Common Sense," but stealing a gun is a misdemeanor?!?

Old 07-13-2017, 09:22 PM

1,645 posts, read 1,213,943 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
This video shows how little knowledge most people have on firearms

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SqJ_4YhYMhE

After finally being able to see the video, all I can say is it comes down to lack of education.

The general public has been mislead for years by the media regarding firearms, and it also does not help that politicians are also either by accident or on purpose misleading the general public about firearms, their capabilities, and even the laws they would like to get passed. In some cases those laws are already on the books, like the domestic violence charges.

Old 07-13-2017, 09:34 PM

5,940 posts, read 3,571,697 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CCbaxter View Post
Trump is the one who said he liked uneducated voters, not me. Keep the kool aid flowing.

We all like uneducated voters. They lost the election. Why should we not like them? Look at them. They actually think the popular vote over rides the electoral vote, if they lose. They actually think they can impeach Trump. They actually think that all his voters would be OK with that, even if it was possible. They are no threat, and just should be ignored as long as they don't get violent, and taken care of if they do become violent.

Old 07-13-2017, 09:48 PM

5,940 posts, read 3,571,697 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rego00123 View Post
As a gun owner myself...

You wouldn't allow a car or any other potentially dangerous or harmful piece of machinery to someone without a test to prove they understand it's operation I don't see why you wouldn't do the same for a firearm.

I also do not see why anyone would be in opposition of making gun owners responsible for where their firearms end up.

Gun control shouldn't be about taking guns away, it should be about adding a layer of responsibility and giving people the proper safety precautions.

You can buy a Car or a Bulldozer without any proof of knowing how to use it, as long as you have the money, so your comparison is absurd.

Would you want to be responsible for where your car you traded or sold, ends up, and what some one else does with it? Bet not.

we already have laws against being irresponsible with guns or hurting people with them.

Old 07-13-2017, 09:51 PM

4,481 posts, read 2,285,399 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
Do you have statistics to support your claim?
Not so fast there, you might get furious at the facts.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies