Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-19-2017, 11:23 AM

448 posts, read 362,646 times

Advertisements

Good I agree with him
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-19-2017, 11:25 AM

17,290 posts, read 29,298,528 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
As usual, you know nothing. Don't you ever get tired of posting this kind of crap?

I'll be attending the Muslim wedding of a work colleague over the weekend. She is a lovely young woman. I've met her sister and her parents and they seem like lovely people as well. Funny, I never once got the sense they wanted to kill me. Oh, no, do you think they invited me and my other non-Muslim colleagues to the wedding so they could kill us?!?!?

You are so full of hateful vitriol. It's you and pepole who think like you that are the real problem in this country.

Nobody gives a damn about the individual Muslim. Individuals are rarely a problem. There were loads of nice grannies who were Nazis. Lots of friendly neighbors in 1939 who also told on their former Jewish friends next door. These days, there are tons of nice people who also happen to be KKK members. Tons of white nationalists who don't want to kill black people. However, their ideology and beliefs, if adopted by society or normalized, are poison.

It's ISLAMIC societies that are **** holes and regressive and unproductive. The more Islam, the less freedom. There's a general negative correlation between the amount of hijabs and minarets you see on the street... and the way a society treats its gay people, its religious minorities and its women.

ISLAM is the problem. Nevertheless, calling to murder Muslims is extreme, but I would not weep for the destruction of Islam as an ideology or political system, because it's garbage and leads to poor outcomes for societies it infects. That's kind of what happens when you adopt a religion started by a kiddy diddling warlord.

Secularize Muslims as quickly as you can. Make Islam irrelevant. Root it out from its foundations and expose it. And by all means will you idiots STOP advocating to import it faster than we can westernize and neuter it!!!!!!!

Old 07-19-2017, 11:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by spillerNburr View Post
Good I agree with him
You don't have to kill Muslims. That's stupid. Killing people who believe differently from you is what Mohammed would do. Or, ya know, he'd tax them with Jizyah but we can't do that, either.

But we don't have to coddle them and kiss their rear ends and think dumb customs like hijab are beautiful or feminist. We don't have to believe that "Islaphobia" is a thing.

Nobody coddles KKK members or Westboro Baptist even though they have a right to believe and have meetings and march...and they shouldn't.

The right to believe bull**** like Islam is enshrined in the constitution. But NONE of us have to RESPECT any belief system, defer to it or accommodate it in our personal dealings.

Speak out against it and the normalization of it in the west. There is no place that EVER gets "more free" with "more Islam"... liberals who think things will be different when Islam is the belief system of 51% of the population are in for a rude awakening. They've ignored the lessons of the last 1400 years.

Old 07-19-2017, 11:56 AM

6,542 posts, read 4,069,929 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifeexplorer View Post
It's not something to joke about or you can call "bit."

Yes, kids say stupid things, but ADULTS correct them!

By airing this, Kimmel and the entire ABC obviously endorsed it. Try to switch "Chinese" with "Blacks" or "Jews" and see how that would end.

Again, since when ABC did it, it's OK, why the outrage?

You're being intentionally obtuse, and I don't really know why I'm taking this seriously since I'm frankly smarter than this.

It was a comedy bit. Kimmel didn't "correct" the child because the point of the bit wasn't for the child to be correct. It wasn't a learning experience. It was a joke. If you want to think the joke was in bad tastes, fine. I don't give a ****. Because this is just you chasing the subject. In the course of this thread, you've not once actually commented on what the Michigan man said. Not once. And you had the gall to accuse ME of deflecting?

Hate Jimmy Kimmel if you will. I stand by what I said. It was a comedy bit. Laugh or don't laugh. It's irrelevant. Jimmy Kimmel isn't a public official and no one is looking to him for political advice or views him as a representative. This guy is Michigan is however not a comedian. He's a public official. Dismiss it as trolling if you will, there's no indication that what he was posting wasn't meant to be taken seriously.

It's different. Should you choose to respond, address the ****ing topic... or "defect" again, which for you I should probably remind you does not mean "disagree with me" but rather, changes the subject.

Old 07-19-2017, 01:05 PM

526 posts, read 450,359 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TriMT7 View Post
Nobody gives a damn about the individual Muslim. Individuals are rarely a problem. There were loads of nice grannies who were Nazis. Lots of friendly neighbors in 1939 who also told on their former Jewish friends next door. These days, there are tons of nice people who also happen to be KKK members. Tons of white nationalists who don't want to kill black people. However, their ideology and beliefs, if adopted by society or normalized, are poison.

It's ISLAMIC societies that are **** holes and regressive and unproductive. The more Islam, the less freedom. There's a general negative correlation between the amount of hijabs and minarets you see on the street... and the way a society treats its gay people, its religious minorities and its women.

ISLAM is the problem. Nevertheless, calling to murder Muslims is extreme, but I would not weep for the destruction of Islam as an ideology or political system, because it's garbage and leads to poor outcomes for societies it infects. That's kind of what happens when you adopt a religion started by a kiddy diddling warlord.

Secularize Muslims as quickly as you can. Make Islam irrelevant. Root it out from its foundations and expose it. And by all means will you idiots STOP advocating to import it faster than we can westernize and neuter it!!!!!!!
Islam, like Christianity, is not a monolith. You have nut job Christians who hate gays, women, nonbelievers, etc. and you have nut job Muslims who hate gays, women, nonbelievers, etc. On the other hand, you also have Muslims and Christians who are progressive pacifists, respect others' beliefs, and believe in equal rights for all (I know because I am one of those Muslims).

To be a Muslim, you need to believe in one God, prophets, angels, that the world will eventually come to an end, that there is an afterlife, that your fate in the afterlife depends on your good deeds/intentions, and you need to fast, pray, donate to charity, and make a pilgrimage to Mecca.

Beyond that, there is a lot of variation in interpretations of the Quran (just like the Bible). And most Muslims (like most Christians) believe in being peaceful despite the violent-sounding passages found in both the Bible and the Quran.

To better society, we don't need to "get rid of" one religion or another. Instead, we should all put our differences aside (racial, cultural, religious, etc.), not force our beliefs on others, and work together for the common good. Cooperation is key, don't you think?

Old 07-19-2017, 01:13 PM

13,899 posts, read 6,395,051 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Halcyon18 View Post
Islam, like Christianity, is not a monolith. You have nut job Christians who hate gays, women, nonbelievers, etc. and you have nut job Muslims who hate gays, women, nonbelievers, etc. On the other hand, you also have Muslims and Christians who are progressive pacifists, respect others' beliefs, and believe in equal rights for all (I know because I am one of those Muslims).

To be a Muslim, you need to believe in one God, prophets, angels, that the world will eventually come to an end, that there is an afterlife, that your fate in the afterlife depends on your good deeds/intentions, and you need to fast, pray, donate to charity, and make a pilgrimage to Mecca.

Beyond that, there is a lot of variation in interpretations of the Quran (just like the Bible). And most Muslims (like most Christians) believe in being peaceful despite the violent-sounding passages found in both the Bible and the Quran.

To better society, we don't need to "get rid of" one religion or another. Instead, we should all put our differences aside (racial, cultural, religious, etc.), not force our beliefs on others, and work together for the common good. Cooperation is key, don't you think?
Try that in an Islamic nation and see where you end up.

Old 07-19-2017, 03:47 PM

Quote:

Pollyanna Kumbaya nonsense.

Islam is not a monolith, and yet there ARE NO PROGRESSIVE MUSLIM-MAJORITY NATIONS. Zero. None. Nada. This means that despite the best intentions of "the majority who are peaceful," Muslim societies end up being regressive crap holes. This is true in rich parts of the Ummah, and poor parts of the Ummah. In fact, some of the greatest extremists are the "educated" Muslims. Check out the demographic profile of the 9/11 hijackers, for example.

Everywhere Islam spreads, freedom dies. This is truth. I have challenged on multiple occasions for people to show me any Muslim-majority nation that is free and prosperous and progressive like any western nation. Even the best examples - Turkey and Indonesia - are slipping back into theocracy, which is the natural state of Islamic nations. Minorities only have peace in the Muslim world when ruled by a dictator who enforces secularism.

NOWHERE is it safe to be openly LGBT in the Muslim world.

I see no benefit to propping up Islam or respecting it. "Putting aside our differences," for what? They don't do that in the Muslim world -- especially in the Middle East where Christians, etc. have been run out of the region for decades.

Society is better WITHOUT ISLAM. It confers NO SPECIAL BENEFIT to a society. It is superfluous at best to maintaining a free society, and cancerous at worst, poisoning and retarding progress.

I want to set aside our differences with Islam, alright. Set it WAAAY aside.... by helping to smash it into irrelevancy and the dustbin of history. Because make no mistake - Islam is NOT interested in co-existing. Wherever it goes it finds itself in conflict. Be it with the Hindus, or the Christians, or the Buddhists or the Yazidis or the animists of Africa. The "peaceful majority" are impotent eunchs when it comes to confronting and rooting out extremism and terror in their own ranks. It's why they leave places where their co-religionists are the majority.... and then agitate for more acceptance of the garbage religion that messed up their home countries in the first place!

Old 07-19-2017, 03:54 PM

68,279 posts, read 54,042,790 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
They are not Muslims if they live here under our Constitution. It is not possible. Sharia Law, the Law of the Muslim faith cannot be practiced here to keep Muslims from straying.

The punishment for straying is death. So, defacto, they are not Muslims, living here under the US Constitution.
They may say they are, but it is not possible unless they are illegally practicing Sharia Law.

Many sources state Sharia requires Muslims be loyal to their country of residence.

Loyalty – Muslims for Peace

What do you have from credible sources stating otherwise?

Old 07-19-2017, 04:00 PM

19,708 posts, read 11,963,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDusty View Post
That should be taken as a serious threat of violence and arrest him. Simple.
Like this guy was for shouting to kill crackers, kill cracker babies, even if they had just slipped out of their mother's wombs 3 seconds ago.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=2QWDkUVEFDA

Old 07-20-2017, 06:04 AM

3,639 posts, read 13,505 times
Quote:
Correct!

Each one acts according to his/her understanding.

Quote:
Believing and doing good deeds is basically the sum total of Islam. Everything else such as praying, fasting and hajj is each a training ground towards becoming a good human being that leads to doing good deeds and helping earthly living creatures.

Quote:
Beyond that, there is a lot of variation in interpretations of the Quran (just like the Bible).
The variation is often misunderstandings and misinterpretations. Variations won't exist if everything in the Qur'aan was taken into account.

Quote:
And most Muslims (like most Christians) believe in being peaceful despite the violent-sounding passages found in both the Bible and the Quran.
There is no verse in the Qur'aan that commands Muslims to initiate violence. Being peaceful is the fundamental theme. Fighting is allowed only if under attack. Instruction in the Qur'aan are, (1) fight only those who fight you and if they stop, you stop too and (b) when they incline to peace you too incline to peace otherwise you would be going beyond the limit set (the rule of engagement).

Quote:
To better society, we don't need to "get rid of" one religion or another.
Correct!

West didn't make progress by getting rid of religion but by being educated.

Quote:
Instead, we should all put our differences aside (racial, cultural, religious, etc.), not force our beliefs on others, and work together for the common good. Cooperation is key, don't you think?
Working for the common good is working for the humanity as a whole. This would mean safeguarding the interests of others and safeguarding the environment if humanity is to keep surviving. This purpose of human creation is stated in the Qur'aan (2:30). Non-Muslims are not going to know about it just as many Muslims, who do not study the Qur'aan, are not going to know about it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies