Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-14-2017, 03:19 AM

10,206 posts, read 15,910,503 times

Advertisements

Liberal politicians and the liberal media always made a big deal out of cases where a child is conceived in rape and whether it would be justified to have this child killed.

Aren't liberals the first to say that children shouldn't pay for the sins of their parents? They think that the children of illegal aliens, who themselves illegally accompanied their parents into our nation, should continue to benefit from their parents' crimes including in-state tuition, drivers licenses and even a pathway to citizenship.

However liberals almost always support abortion in the context of a rape, even more moderate liberals who don't support abortion on demand and partial birth abortion where the child can feel pain. However isn't the child still innocent despite the father's crimes? WHat is MOST hypocritical is that liberals would be against the death penalty for the rapist (something I would support), yet they feel it is okay for the woman to go to Planned Parenthood and have the CHILD killed for the father's crime.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-14-2017, 03:30 AM

15,700 posts, read 17,036,788 times
First off, most conservatives support abortion in cases of rape.

Secondly, abortion in cases of rape is about not victimizing the woman twice, once for the rape, second, forcing her to carry an unwanted pregnancy due to rape.

Pregnancy is not a benign condition. It can cause permanent health problems right up to and including death. No woman should be forced to risk her life for an unwanted pregnancy, let alone being forced to risk her life because she was the victim of a crime.

The suffering of a fetus is doubtful at best, the suffering of the woman is a certainty.

Why should a fetus have more value than a woman?

Last edited by Annie53; 07-14-2017 at 04:25 AM..

Old 07-14-2017, 03:33 AM

6,380 posts, read 6,270,742 times
I'm sorry, but if you can't distinguish between child vs fetus then it's pointless to debate this.

Using your logic, an abortion is ok because I as the parent am merely making a medical decision to terminate it's life. People do that all the time with DNR orders, disconnecting life support, witholding meds for religious beliefs, etc. Also, parents dont/can't treat children for terminal diseases if/when they flat out can't afford it.

So thank you for proving why abortion should always be legal and respecting the rights and very important RESPONSIBILITIES the "mother" or current "guardian." Enjoy your day.

Old 07-14-2017, 03:59 AM

10,206 posts, read 15,910,503 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Annie53 View Post
First off, most conservatives support abortion in cases of rape.

Secondly, abortion in cases of rape is about not victimizing the woman twice, once for the rape, second forcing her to carry an unwanted pregnancy due to rape.

Pregnancy is not a benign condition. It can cause permanent health problems right up to and including death. No woman should be forced to risk her life for an unwanted pregnancy, let alone being forced to risk her life because she was the victim of a crime.

The suffering of a fetus is doubtful at best, the suffering of the woman is a certainty.

Why should a fetus have more value than a woman?
What you don't understand is that the child himself or herself is innocent. I'm guessing you don't think the rapist himself should get the death penalty because you probably don't believe in the death penalty? But this child is completely innocent and defenseless despite who the father is or what he did. Yet you think its okay to end the child's life. What liberals like to do is to dehumanize the unborn child. Its not the child's fault that the father is a rapist and the child should not be killed because of it.

Old 07-14-2017, 04:15 AM

52,681 posts, read 47,932,189 times
Default They Are Hypocrites

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Lennox 70 View Post
Liberal politicians and the liberal media always made a big deal out of cases where a child is conceived in rape and whether it would be justified to have this child killed.

Aren't liberals the first to say that children shouldn't pay for the sins of their parents? They think that the children of illegal aliens, who themselves illegally accompanied their parents into our nation, should continue to benefit from their parents' crimes including in-state tuition, drivers licenses and even a pathway to citizenship.

However liberals almost always support abortion in the context of a rape, even more moderate liberals who don't support abortion on demand and partial birth abortion where the child can feel pain. However isn't the child still innocent despite the father's crimes? WHat is MOST hypocritical is that liberals would be against the death penalty for the rapist (something I would support), yet they feel it is okay for the woman to go to Planned Parenthood and have the CHILD killed for the father's crime.

Good observation. You'd think that every situation would match up to the right thing. What you've mentioned here is a textbook example of why liberalism doesn't make sense.

Old 07-14-2017, 04:19 AM

15,700 posts, read 17,036,788 times
Quote:
What you don't understand is that the child himself or herself is innocent. I'm guessing you don't think the rapist himself should get the death penalty because you probably don't believe in the death penalty? But this child is completely innocent and defenseless despite who the father is or what he did. Yet you think its okay to end the child's life. What liberals like to do is to dehumanize the unborn child. Its not the child's fault that the father is a rapist and the child should not be killed because of it.

A woman has more value than a fetus. A fetus is not a baby, not a child.

A fetus does not have rights that trump the rights of a woman.

BTW, this liberal believes in the death penalty.

Old 07-14-2017, 04:22 AM

41,948 posts, read 75,144,160 times
Quote:
Yet you're perfectly OK with dehumanizing the mother by considering her nothing more than an incubator for a fetus (not a child - as mentioned upthread, learn to distinguish the two). She is completely innocent. It's not the mother's fault that the father is a rapist - so why should she be burdened with carrying an unwanted child?

Nothing like a hypocrite crying hypocrisy.

Old 07-14-2017, 04:26 AM

23 posts, read 13,223 times
I'm independent - not liberal or conservative. I have a sciencey/health background so yes, I am pro-choice in general.

I see what you're saying... but pregnancy is a pretty "high maintenance" situation, when it is done correctly. Responsible parents who are excited about having a child and want the best outcome for their unborn child will read all the books, make every doctor's appointment, avoid recreational drugs, avoid alcohol, limit caffeine and take prenatal supplements. They will try to be as healthy as possible.

On the flip side, if a female is forced to give birth after being raped.... I would imagine that she would be (understandably) negligent during the pregnancy. If you're forced to go through this horrible ordeal that you did not want and did not choose for yourself, why bother with making every ob/gyn appointment for fetal monitoring? Why not smoke and drink alcohol? Why pay money for prenatal supplements and folic acid? Why bother following all the pregnancy recommendations? She is essentially emotionally imprisoned for the next 9 months.

In the end.... the overall outcome for a child born from that situation might be very poor, with many congenital abnormalities and disabilities due to negligence, assuming there isn't an "accidental" or purposeful attempt to induce miscarriage. The health of a child starts with prenatal conditions - if a mom is forced into that situation, things will go badly from the start. That's just reality.

Old 07-14-2017, 04:29 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,756,720 times
Requiring a woman to carry a rape conceived pregnancy to term is a way for Konservative men to punish the woman for "consenting" to the rape. These Konservative men consider women and their children to be their property and subject to the man's rule just as much as their dogs.

As I would not tolerate being forced to carry a rape conceived fetus I cannot even as a woman to do it. Controlling your own body is the very basis of individual freedom and as I protect my own I will protect any woman's right to control their own.

Old 07-14-2017, 04:31 AM

13,586 posts, read 13,108,708 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by case44 View Post
Good observation. You'd think that every situation would match up to the right thing. What you've mentioned here is a textbook example of why liberalism doesn't make sense.
No. It's why liberalism makes complete sense. Is it a good idea to welcome unwanted little kids into the mix?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies