Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-14-2017, 06:52 PM

10,920 posts, read 6,908,243 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TreeBeard View Post
When the Dems take control of the Senate in 2018, they will pull a McConnell on Trump and not hold any hearings on Supreme Court Justices until the election of 2020. Then you hear all these alt-righters whine and moan about how the Dems are being unfair and abusing the system and blah, blah, blah.

The Repubs changed the rules and will soon face its consequences.
It would be interesting to see that thrown back in the R's faces.

I don't support that kind of childish maneuver (it was insanely childish), but I can't say I'd be that upset to watch them throw a fit about it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-14-2017, 06:53 PM

34,041 posts, read 17,056,322 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dashrendar4454 View Post
Taking over the Senate in 2018??? Lolz. Not happening
Correct. GOP will add several seats. Dems have a horrible map in 2018, defending 2 dozen seats, 5 where BO lost states twice.

I am hoping GOP gets on edge of a Supermajority in 2018.

Old 07-14-2017, 06:53 PM

6,141 posts, read 3,371,715 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by latimeria View Post
Hopefully there is no way to undo Roe vs. Wade. That would just cause more problems, not get rid of abortion.
I think there's a WHOLE generation FORGET just why "Roe vs Wade" got passed!! Prior to that passing law.. FAR too many went to butchers ( supposed MD's).. and more often than not were left to die due to such horrendous medical practice!! Whenever a women becomes so desperate to end a pregnancy.. Desperation will lead to DEATH of the mother as well as the embryo /fetus!

Planned parenthood and their decades of assistance and education NEVER mind learning and having access to BC!! State ( Red ones) want to bar access to BC.. so guess what the repercussion is!! Pregnancies due to RAPE and Family planning disabled!! Defunding Planned Parenthood will do nothing but cause births that the Taxpayer refuses to support.. YET demand THEY GET born .. How Hypocritical can they get???

Old 07-14-2017, 06:54 PM

5,315 posts, read 2,112,709 times
Quote:
...and y'all are fond of mocking how Hillary was supposedly a shoe-in 100%. Not good to assume there's no way....although I guess it's helpful if y'all (general) do assume and get lazy about it.

Old 07-14-2017, 06:56 PM

7,800 posts, read 4,398,802 times
Quote:
My view is based on that disgust with Trump will be cresting by 2018. The political map is not favorable to the Dems, but 2018 may be year when all anti-Trump forces come together.

Old 07-14-2017, 06:57 PM

15,706 posts, read 11,771,287 times
Yay, more Citizens United to further destroy the country. Conservatives are experts at destroying people's lives.

Old 07-14-2017, 06:58 PM

10,920 posts, read 6,908,243 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiyero View Post
Yay, more Citizens United to further destroy the country. Conservatives are experts at destroying people's lives.
Corporations are people, too!

Old 07-14-2017, 07:00 PM

5,315 posts, read 2,112,709 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyndarn View Post
I think there's a WHOLE generation FORGET just why "Roe vs Wade" got passed!! Prior to that passing law.. FAR too many went to butchers ( supposed MD's).. and more often than not were left to die due to such horrendous medical practice!! Whenever a women becomes so desperate to end a pregnancy.. Desperation will lead to DEATH of the mother as well as the embryo /fetus!

Planned parenthood and their decades of assistance and education NEVER mind learning and having access to BC!! State ( Red ones) want to bar access to BC.. so guess what the repercussion is!! Pregnancies due to RAPE and Family planning disabled!! Defunding Planned Parenthood will do nothing but cause births that the Taxpayer refuses to support.. YET demand THEY GET born .. How Hypocritical can they get???
Yeah. Personally I hate the idea of abortions, don't tell people to get them, etc. But repeal would not make them go away. Just look at Prohibition. People still drank and we got crimes added to boot.

Old 07-14-2017, 07:05 PM

52,688 posts, read 47,946,017 times
Three is certainly a possibility, and don't be surprised if that does happen during the four-year term. As for the OP's mention of Graham saying that we could have four new justices, it's pushing it, but if it happens, it'd be in a possible Trump second term.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TreeBeard View Post
My view is based on that disgust with Trump will be cresting by 2018. The political map is not favorable to the Dems, but 2018 may be year when all anti-Trump forces come together.
That's only your view, but it's not one of millions of others who are pleased with President Trump and the country's recovery. He got us Gorsuch. Stay tuned for more.

Old 07-14-2017, 07:13 PM

75 posts, read 36,826 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by case44 View Post
Three is certainly a possibility, and don't be surprised if that does happen during the four-year term. As for the OP's mention of Graham saying that we could have four new justices, it's pushing it, but if it happens, it'd be in a possible Trump second term.

That's only your view, but it's not one of millions of others who are pleased with President Trump and the country's recovery. He got us Gorsuch. Stay tuned for more.
Haha...second term? Haha...

He'll be lucky to make it through this term.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies