Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-14-2017, 08:41 PM

1,348 posts, read 792,000 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ditchlights View Post
Waters should be their front runner!
Oh yea, bring it!

Maxine in 2020!

P.S. My dog could beat her phony azz.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-14-2017, 08:43 PM

1,348 posts, read 792,000 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobNJ1960 View Post
Except they took out Scalia....so you never know. But, they got foiled in their replacement plan.

Old 07-14-2017, 08:58 PM

5,315 posts, read 2,112,709 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Minethatbird View Post
If Unplanned Parenthood was doing such great job of offering assistance and educating I wonder why there are still so many abortions. Oh, PP is also the largest single provider ......

Actually it seems Roe v Wade got passed because nine male judges decided to read a lot of stuff into the Constitution that wasn't there.
While they went up after Roe vs. Wade (legal, after all, though who knows for sure how many before when they were done illegally) it's now gone down again to be the lowest since then as of 2013 stats, even though population has grown https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Abor..._United_States

Last edited by latimeria; 07-14-2017 at 09:54 PM..

Old 07-14-2017, 09:08 PM

21,989 posts, read 15,708,683 times
It would be the Republican dream come true. Outlaw abortion and gays but allow multiple marriages. A recreation of The Handmaid's Tale.

Old 07-14-2017, 09:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TreeBeard View Post
When the Dems take control of the Senate in 2018, they will pull a McConnell on Trump and not hold any hearings on Supreme Court Justices until the election of 2020. Then you hear all these alt-righters whine and moan about how the Dems are being unfair and abusing the system and blah, blah, blah.

The Repubs changed the rules and will soon face its consequences.
I don't know if 2018 would be the year but whenever it does happen, Democrats have no obligation to pass any Republican nominated justices. Since Republicans decided a year, Democrats can decide it's two or three or four.

Old 07-14-2017, 09:36 PM

8,886 posts, read 4,578,846 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seacove View Post
I don't know if 2018 would be the year but whenever it does happen, Democrats have no obligation to pass any Republican nominated justices. Since Republicans decided a year, Democrats can decide it's two or three or four.
I think you are referring to the "Biden Rule"......

Old 07-14-2017, 09:37 PM

34,037 posts, read 17,056,322 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoot N Annie View Post

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cZlzhULrJC0

Old 07-14-2017, 09:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoot N Annie View Post
Call it anything, Democrats will no longer have to pass Republican Justice nominees. The End.

If Clinton wins, more in GOP say no to full Supreme Court | PBS NewsHour

Old 07-14-2017, 09:43 PM

34,037 posts, read 17,056,322 times
First for SCOTUS going forward, they will not require a super majority anyway, but by 1/19, GOP will either have one or be extremely close to one. My hunch is if Manchin can be #60, he'll change parties, as he'd have extreme power. As a minority party Senator, he has no power.

Old 07-14-2017, 10:17 PM

10,920 posts, read 6,908,243 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wee-Bey View Post
Childish? Like the 'resistance'? Like throwing a giant hair tearing weeping campus burning $hit fit of hatred over the results of an election they didn't like? Like the REAL collusion of the media, FBI, intelligence services, activist federal judges, globalist billionaires and every single democratic representative and senator trying to nullify a legitimately elected president before he even had a chance to prove who he was?

Liberals are blind to the magnitude of how much they've escalated the political vengeance and scorched earth game. If you think what they're doing now is just tit-for-tat on a par with Ted Cruz's antics against Obama then you've got another thing coming. The democrats have gleefully opened this genie's bottle without any heed for how bad this $hit is going to cut when it comes back around the other way. And I say that with no pleasure.

The left has finally come flaming out of the closet loud and proud with the mindset that "e pluribus unum" no longer means anything. They've made it clear that they are the moral monopoly and the other 50% of America that doesn't vote the way do isn't just "the loyal opposition", they're actually bad people.
A few things:

You're first talking about random citizens (who have every single right to protest, by the way). Why you're bringing them up, I have no idea. You might want to stay on topic, it'll serve your argument better.

I'm talking about our freaking Congressional leaders. I'd hope the latter group would live up to a higher standard of behavior.

Maybe you don't hold these people to a higher standard, but I do.

The same goes for our President, who is an embarrassment to the office.

Secondly, you're right - this behavior is not exclusive to any single party. It's been going on for a while, and there are plenty of guilty parties. That said, two wrongs have never made a right (we learned this in kindergarten), and I will GLADLY call out the nonsense that I saw last year as incredibly childish. It was astoundingly awful as far as politics goes. Maybe not the worst behavior ever, but it's hard to think of many other worse ones in recent history.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies