Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-16-2017, 01:05 PM

30,633 posts, read 18,222,068 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by J746NEW View Post
Can citizens use that angle also for all videos?
Also, can we get an outside investigation rather than have Internal Affairs or the cops investigate themselves?
I'm not sure I'm following on the first question.

As for the second question, I don't mind having an independent review board to investigate police wrongdoing. But we had to make sure that such boards have the necessary investigative power/authority to actually conduct a thorough investigation and that such boards are not seen as anti-police, which could only decrease morale/increase hostility within the police ranks, which is something that nobody should want.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-10-2017, 11:18 PM

2,309 posts, read 901,747 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post
They don't even try to hide how corrupt they are anymore. They know they'll get away with it.
Is "they" referring to all cops? because if so< suppose I said the same thing about blacks?

Old 08-10-2017, 11:54 PM

8,518 posts, read 3,755,476 times
When I was growing up we knew cops In NYC that would steal car radio and sell them for extra dough to friends and family. If you got towed in the city your radio, battery and any personal belongings were gooooone. And if they needed a part from your car for their car that was gone to. Ahhh the good old days in NYC. Nowadays they just make your life miserable if you talk back.

Old 08-11-2017, 03:44 AM

51,652 posts, read 25,813,568 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry Hemi View Post
Even if they ran the plates before, just like anyone else, they can't open the car legally. Even then, they have to have a reason to run the plates, otherwise if they stopped the guy the charges can be thrown out in court.
So no matter what, they have to wait for the owner to show up and confront him, otherwise it's breaking and entering. It's really a shame that some people on this board have no problem with police trampling on people's civil rights, until it happens to them.
Exactly.

Whatever the reason for searching the man's car, the cop needed either his permission, a warrant, or some easily observed illegal substance.

Old 08-11-2017, 04:00 AM

51,652 posts, read 25,813,568 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheEmissary View Post
How would I know he's a real cop? Where's the warrant? Can every two-bit burglar now use that as a defense? Unlike the owner of the SUV in the video, I have the money to file suit against the police department and raise a real stink about it to the press. I counter-sue the police department for $4,000,000 or so, for false arrest and my "psychological trauma" suffered during this incident. Being a former NJ boy, unlike the natives, I'd be a lot more litigious! Remember the Duke Lacrosse team rape case? They won $12,000,000 from the city of Durham, Duke University and sued the prosecutor ...lost his house and was disbarred!

The economic level of the people involved weighs heavily on any trial outcome!
Indeed.

Regarding the Duke Lacrosse team rape accusation case, Crystal Magum, the accuser, was a known nut case.

She was involved in several instances of falsely accusing others, stabbed a couple men, and once stole a cab of a customer, ran into a cop car, and nearly hit a cop. She is currently in prison over stabbing a man to death.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crystal_Mangum

And this isn't the half of it.

Why the prosecutor took this woman's testimony as anything but the rantings of a disturbed individual is anyone's guess.

Last edited by GotHereQuickAsICould; 08-11-2017 at 04:51 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies