Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-15-2017, 09:41 AM

7,982 posts, read 4,283,738 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by theunbrainwashed View Post
I think it's hilarious that so many people here seem to be invested in Trump. I wonder why
I have no idea. It's bizarre.

Regarding Cult 45: They don't hold him to any standards, they twist logic to support his obvious lies, they change their own positions and beliefs to support his rapidly changing stances. Not to mention, their defense of every one of his vile, uncouth, and unstable actions.

It would be a fascinating study.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-15-2017, 09:50 AM

62,872 posts, read 29,103,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cali Doll View Post
I have no idea. It's bizarre.

Regarding Cult 45: They don't hold him to any standards, they twist logic to support his obvious lies, they change their own positions and beliefs to support his rapidly changing stances. Not to mention, their defense of every one of his vile, uncouth, and unstable actions.

It would be a fascinating study.

It would be more of a fascinating study of the liberal mind set and why they exaggerate, lie and are so full of hatred. Every president has changed his ideas and stances on some issues after being elected but only Trump's feet are being held to the fire for it. Trump hasn't veered off course near as much as some past presidents have including Obama. Some how if the wall isn't built exactly the way Trump proposed brick by brick it's a big issue to them. The fact that he is still attempting to get it built is some how irrelevant to liberals. I have no idea what vile, uncouth and unstable actions you are speaking of. Oh, that's right anything Trump does fits those insults. Still licking their wounds after they lost the election. I suggest some growing up.

Old 07-15-2017, 09:53 AM

62,872 posts, read 29,103,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JGMotorsport64 View Post
If the abortions are going to happen regardless, there's a societal benefit to having them done safely. Making it illegal or unattainable just pushes women to risky procedures that can cause great health harms at our expense. Safe abortions are cheaper than back alley abortions.

I disagree. If there are risks they will be less likely to take them. Sorry, but I'm pro-life and anti-abortion but I still don't think that the taxpayer should have to pay for their irresponsible breeding either. Let charities take care of all of the above then, not the taxpayer.

Old 07-15-2017, 10:05 AM

7,982 posts, read 4,283,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
It would be more of a fascinating study of the liberal mind set and why they exaggerate, lie and are so full of hatred. Every president has changed his ideas and stances on some issues after being elected but only Trump's feet are being held to the fire for it. Trump hasn't veered off course near as much as some past presidents have including Obama. Some how if the wall isn't built exactly the way Trump proposed brick by brick it's a big issue to them. The fact that he is still attempting to get it built is some how irrelevant to liberals. I have no idea what vile, uncouth and unstable actions you are speaking of. Oh, that's right anything Trump does fits those insults. Still licking their wounds after they lost the election. I suggest some growing up.

Oh, I guess grabbing vaginas, sexualizing one's daughter [and any one of Trump's other twisted actions] is in your wheelhouse.

Got it. Whatever your daddy says, goes.

Old 07-15-2017, 06:52 PM

79,913 posts, read 44,167,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Listener2307 View Post
I hope the wall gets built. I don't much care who pays for it.

Defunding Planned Parenthood would generate some money, and as Representative King says, we could take welfare away from families who have not worked in three generations to pay for the rest of it.

Progress continues. Never-Trumpers remained misinformed.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...=.bf7f0e5d71eb
Again, no it would not. I am pro-life and not a big supporter of P.P. but the overwhelming majority of things they would not get reimbursed for would go to other health care providers.

Old 07-15-2017, 07:09 PM

2,914 posts, read 2,686,608 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dothetwist View Post
You don't get it. All Trump had to do was to say "I'm tough on illegal immigration". That would have won my vote over Hillary who wants open borders (AKA no country). Will vote for Trump again.

BTW the LA Times is liberal propaganda. I don't even read the drivel they print.
Quote:
Do you support a lying president?
And who was that other candidate? Oh lyin' Hillary!

Also Trump did not lie in the first place. He WANTS to build a huge wall. It's the swamp that is saying "we won't pass such a budget with that wall". So he has to compromise. Maybe by 2018 or 2020 we'll have a congress that will pass a bill that includes the full wall. So, nice slight of hand to paint Trump as a "liar".

Old 07-16-2017, 01:35 AM

22 posts, read 9,152 times
Is the wall going to include solar panels?
Because it can pay for itself that way, and can even sell energy to Mexico, thereby making Mexico pay for the wall!

Old 07-16-2017, 01:44 AM

9,418 posts, read 13,489,671 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigma777 View Post
How does he think someone can throw a 60-lb sack of drugs over a wall? Who would just be strolling along the wall to get hit by a sack of drugs? And why would someone throw a sack of drugs over the wall if there was nobody on the other side to get the drugs?

What planet does Trump live on? It must be difficult for some to keep a straight face when his presidential musings sound like an SNL bit.

Does he have a contract with the American Comedian's Association to provide enough material to boost their ratings for 4 years?

"...As horrible as it sounds, when they throw the large sacks of drugs over, and if you have people on the other side of the wall, you don't see them. They hit you on the head with 60 pounds of stuff? It's over..."
That was the best part. How can people take this seriously? Damn, can't take a leisurely stroll along the border these days without being bopped on the head by a 60 lb bag of dope. Sucks!

Old 07-16-2017, 01:50 AM

3,356 posts, read 1,232,088 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mightleavenyc View Post
The Democrats could have approved wall funding on day 1. They didn't so now Trump has to settle. It's the Democrats fault.
It has absolutely nothing to do with the Democrats. They could have passed it without a single Democratic vote. The Republicans control everything, and hold responsibility for all the happens now.

Old 07-16-2017, 01:52 AM

3,356 posts, read 1,232,088 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
Because we need the funds to get it started. Mexico can and will reimburse us for it later whether they like it or not. Doesn't really matter to me one way or another since a $25 billion wall is much cheaper than the $113 billion a year that illegals cost us.
Where did you get that $113 billion a year number and who is exactly paying it?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies