Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-16-2017, 08:51 AM

7,982 posts, read 4,286,858 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
Oh for Pete's sake! Trump did some things long ago that some men do. Not approving of it but bringing it up years later just to find some crumbs to demonize him from becoming president is ridiculously desperate. How quickly the left forgets Bill Clinton's tryst in the White House.

As for his remarks about his daughter it was meant to be a compliment about her attractiveness not some incestuous remark. I swear you liberal lefties crack me up with your exaggerations and spin to demonize our president.
Of course, you defend your daddy at all costs. I expected as much.

I haven't defended Bill's affairs at all.

By the way, Oldglory, no one sane compliments their daughter in such a way.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-16-2017, 08:51 AM

16,345 posts, read 18,061,657 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blondy View Post
Well of course these are the conclusions you would come to when you label half the voting public a cult.

Your first mistake is assuming all Trump supporters think alike.

Your next mistake is not understanding that many/maybe most Trump supporters don't care what's built so long as it secures the border and they didn't care during the campaign.
If you support Trump, who cares about minor differences in thinking? Trump has done more than enough to deserve no support whatsoever. He's a vile human being, and therefore supporting him makes one vile as well. You can't claim to be a rational, moral person and yet support a man who undermines American democracy while trashing every single minority group using racism, bigotry and the encouraging of violence. Liberals/Democrats are not responsible for what you choose to support. You own it. And it stains your character whether you like it or not.

Old 07-16-2017, 08:52 AM

25,847 posts, read 16,525,824 times
People act like we don't already have a fence/wall along the border. All he want's to do is improve it so it actually works.

I know that is a difficult concept for many.

Old 07-16-2017, 08:53 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,191,640 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cali Doll View Post
Of course, you defend your daddy at all costs. I expected as much.

I haven't defended Bill's affairs at all.

By the way, Oldglory, no one sane compliments their daughter in such a way.
But did you vote for him?

Old 07-16-2017, 08:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
You mistake that I am defending the GOP. I am condemning overwhelming hypocrisy.
You are absolutely defending the GOP and Trump here, and you have been doing so every chance you get.

Old 07-16-2017, 09:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
So let them provide birth control then and eliminate the abortions. What's the problem?
I've never seen so much blatant evil being promoted for a cause believed to be so moral. This could be said about almost all conservative positions.

Old 07-16-2017, 09:08 AM

4,713 posts, read 3,471,998 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbcmh81 View Post
If you support Trump, who cares about minor differences in thinking? Trump has done more than enough to deserve no support whatsoever. He's a vile human being, and therefore supporting him makes one vile as well. You can't claim to be a rational, moral person and yet support a man who undermines American democracy while trashing every single minority group using racism, bigotry and the encouraging of violence. Liberals/Democrats are not responsible for what you choose to support. You own it. And it stains your character whether you like it or not.
This!

Old 07-16-2017, 09:09 AM

7,982 posts, read 4,286,858 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
But did you vote for him?
Stupidly, I didn't vote either year he ran.

Old 07-16-2017, 09:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
People act like we don't already have a fence/wall along the border. All he want's to do is improve it so it actually works.

I know that is a difficult concept for many.
If you have any understanding of historical context of walls, or how drug running worked, you'd already know that the wall has no chance of working. Just look at what you said- there already is a fence/wall on the border, and yet it doesn't work. This is a huge waste of money to appease shallow thinkers who blame immigrants for all their personal problems and like easy-sounding solutions.

Old 07-16-2017, 09:14 AM

8,381 posts, read 4,366,655 times
There was never going to be a wall to start with.

A river separates the US and Mexico. A very long, twisty, winding river. The border is in the middle of the river. Is the US going to give up its half or take Mexico's half. A lot of different people own the land along the river. Not even the Federal government can just take peoples land with out a legal process that can take years. Much of the border is in extremely remote and difficult terrain. If you are not familiar with the western landscape, there are places you can see across canyons that will take you hours to get to. The logistics of construction would be a nightmare. A wall only slows access. With out manpower to man a wall and respond to attempted breaches, it is useless. All that manpower has to have quick access, supplies, equipment, power, sanitation and so on. The cost of the wall does not stop when it is built. It would cost tens, if not hundreds of millions to maintain on an annual basis.

The whole idea is ludicrous to begin with. Pretty much like Trump himself.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies