Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-18-2017, 11:34 AM

15,859 posts, read 21,434,155 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewbieHere View Post
You are one of the few situations where the high risk pool that I'm aware of can help. My sister has pre-existing conditions, she got health insurance through the high risk pool. This is in California, I don't know about other state.
At what cost? High risk pools are far more expensive than the $800 I couldn't afford as it was. When my parents faced a high risk pool after job loss pre-ACA, just covering my diabetic father would have been more than their mortgage, car insurance, and utilities. And that was without my mom!

How many people could afford $800 a month for health insurance? What about into the thousands for one person?

People with chronic or serious illness histories tend to have a harder time finding and maintaining a job, much less develop career momentum.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-18-2017, 11:35 AM

20,160 posts, read 12,755,100 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
You mean all those jobs we outsourced?
You got Bill Clinton to thank for.

Old 07-18-2017, 11:36 AM

20,160 posts, read 12,755,100 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by charolastra00 View Post
At what cost? High risk pools are far more expensive than the $800 I couldn't afford as it was. When my parents faced a high risk pool after job loss pre-ACA, just covering my diabetic father would have been more than their mortgage, car insurance, and utilities. And that was without my mom!

How many people could afford $800 a month for health insurance? What about into the thousands for one person?

People with chronic or serious illness histories tend to have a harder time finding and maintaining a job, much less develop career momentum.
I think that was the cost, $800. With ACA she pays about $600. She is old too, 63, not young. ACA only saves her $200. So since the economy picked up, she got healthcare through employment. Pay less than ACA.

So it's best to have policies for growth so everybody can have jobs.

Old 07-18-2017, 01:39 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,181,556 times
Quote:
You got Bill Clinton to thank for.
Stupid answer.

Old 07-18-2017, 03:02 PM

8,886 posts, read 5,367,816 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
Right. wait till you are dead till you see a doctor.
Hey, we have that right here. It's called the VA!

Old 07-18-2017, 03:10 PM

8,886 posts, read 5,367,816 times
Quote:
You must not read the news is all I can say.
Well you could answer the question, but I guess you'd rather not.

I would think you'd be thrilled that Obamacare will be remaining with us.

Old 07-18-2017, 03:38 PM

11,523 posts, read 14,650,355 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by charolastra00 View Post

This is the reality. If you're diabetic and have other health issues alongside it (which can happen because DM raises the risk) how do you afford insurance?! It's beyond insane. And, right, if you get chronically ill, sometimes, you can't work. Diabetes, for example, puts people at a higher risk for developing Cardiovascular problems. It's beyond shameful that anyone would think it's okay to charge someone this!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies