Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-15-2017, 11:35 PM

34,300 posts, read 15,640,522 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by English Dave View Post
Tony Blair is despised as the man who took us into a war in Iraq on false information. His own party gave him his marching orders, and he quit as Prime Minister. He has spent his time ever since enriching himself.

We took a vote on the EU, and we voted to leave. That's what we voted for, and that's what we want.I don't think Americans realise what a victory this was against the odds.

We had everyone from President Obama, to international bankers, and the PM of the time, and his Chancellor trying to frighten folks to death, to ensure we voted to remain in the EU. The EU leaders threatened us also, on the consequences of voting to leave their little club.

We still voted out. Blair needs to go back to his money grubbing, and keep out of politics. We're sick of the sight of him.
Those who elected Trump get it. There is a coup d'état here too. They say its a soft one but it doesn't feel like "My Pillow". Do you have "My Pillow" in England ? If not maybe there is a trade deal to think about.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-15-2017, 11:35 PM

1,348 posts, read 791,557 times
Quote:
We took a vote on the EU, and we voted to leave. That's what we voted for, and that's what we want. I don't think Americans realise what a victory this was against the odds.
I realize it, Dave, and I salute you for it!

I feel that too many people don't understand that self-determination and sovereignty are paramount to a decent and fulfilling life. Giving those up is a big price to pay to find that out. Hey, you've taken back your freedom and were smart enough to never take their currency to begin with. So, good on you.

Old 07-15-2017, 11:50 PM

26,272 posts, read 8,424,858 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Travel Crazy View Post
I realize it, Dave, and I salute you for it!

I feel that too many people don't understand that self-determination and sovereignty are paramount to a decent and fulfilling life. Giving those up is a big price to pay to find that out. Hey, you've taken back your freedom and were smart enough to never take their currency to begin with. So, good on you.
Blair talked about rumblings within the EU for reformation on freedom of movement within the EU. Hints of change coming on that front. We don't believe him, or them. We have been flooded with immigrants from the EU for many years now. Millions of them moving to my small island.

It suits the rich as usual. Plenty of cheap imported labour keeping wages down. Rents and house prices skyrocketing because of demand. Strains on things we hold dear like the NHS. Idiots like Jean-Claude Juncker threatening us at every chance he gets.

Blair is trying to get another vote on EU membership. That's how they work in the EU....... if they don't like how a vote goes, push for another one until they get the result they want. The EU is scared of losing the vast amount of money we pour into EU coffers. They've tried threats, now will come the soft words.

**** 'em.

Last edited by English Dave; 07-16-2017 at 12:06 AM..

Old 07-15-2017, 11:59 PM

15,154 posts, read 11,618,376 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
That's his country. Seems to me that he'd know better about what's good for his country than any of you.

Hell, you guys don't even know what's good for THIS country!
hmmm..

Quote:
That's his country. Seems to me that he'd know better about what's good for his country than any of you.
Yeah, I'm sure he knows whats better for his bank account. I wonder how much Frau Merkel is paying him to say that?

Quote:
Hell, you guys don't even know what's good for THIS country!
Sure we did! Thats why we made absolutely sure that Arkansas backwoods hillbilly witch will never set foot in the White house.

Old 07-16-2017, 12:03 AM

1,348 posts, read 791,557 times
Quote:
We have been flooded with immigrants from the EU for many years now. Millions of them moving to my small island.
Yes, I have followed that from here and just can't imagine how difficult it is becoming. You may know that the mainstream U.S. media doesn't cover it....really, at all. If I ask friends what they know about the massive amount of 3rd world immigration into Europe the last many years, they don't know what I'm talking about. Trump speaks of it but, Obama did not.

Then I tell them about all the rapes, assaults, property damage, threats, gangs, etc. and they look at me like I have 3 heads. They can't imagine why they don't know about it. There still are far too many here who don't realize how controlled and full of propaganda our media is.

David Rockefeller finally croaked so that's good. Now it's time for George Soros to bite it. The old guard NWO guys.

Last edited by Travel Crazy; 07-16-2017 at 12:35 AM..

Old 07-16-2017, 12:39 AM

56,988 posts, read 35,179,016 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ELOrocks17 View Post
hmmm..

Yeah, I'm sure he knows whats better for his bank account. I wonder how much Frau Merkel is paying him to say that?

Sure we did! Thats why we made absolutely sure that Arkansas backwoods hillbilly witch will never set foot in the White house.
Hillary Clinton is from Illinois.

And of course he knows what's better for his bank account. You don't know what's good for yours?

Old 07-16-2017, 12:45 AM

18,069 posts, read 18,803,581 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve McDonald View Post
I hope he's able to block it from happening. Many of the people who were deceived into voting for it, quickly realized their mistake. Scotland will make their own exit for sure, if it takes place. Cancelling Brexit will deliver a major blow to populism and alt-right actions. Expanding the EuroZone, not reducing it, is an important step towards achieving globalism, which is inevitable, if humans and the world, are to survive.
Love it, people vote for something, and people like you want the vote blocked with claims of "they were deceived." People like you hate democracy and voting, and are the seed of totalitarianism.

Funny how you do not mention this deception when they voted to join the EU, or you would not have mentioned deception of they voted to stay, basically if anyone votes the way you want, that is fine, but if it against what you want, it was because they were deceived.

Old 07-16-2017, 02:47 AM

27,140 posts, read 13,429,141 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve McDonald View Post
I hope he's able to block it from happening. Many of the people who were deceived into voting for it, quickly realized their mistake. Scotland will make their own exit for sure, if it takes place. Cancelling Brexit will deliver a major blow to populism and alt-right actions. Expanding the EuroZone, not reducing it, is an important step towards achieving globalism, which is inevitable, if humans and the world, are to survive.
The Scots main trading nation is England and not Europe. If the Scots voted for independence and if they were allowed to join the EU (which is a big 'if') they would have to negotiate entry in to the EU under EU terms and any new EU member now has to adopt the Euro. England & Wales will no doubt retain the pound, whilst new border controls would have to be put in place as the two countries would be different economic areas. Scotland would also have to negotiate a trading agreement with England.

Scotland exports around £70 Billion of which over £50 Billion is to the rest of the UK (mainly England) and exports over £20 Billion, around £10 Billion to the EU and a further £10 Billion to the rest of the world. This is a lot more than money generated by oil and gas.

The economy of Scotland is very highly integrated with the economy of the rest of the UK and this includes companies based in Scotland that supply goods and services to the rest of the UK. The Scottish Economy is more intergrated with the UK than it is with the entirety of the EU. Having two seperate currencies could deeply effect Scotlands biggest market and the economy it is most intergrated with.

Furthermore Scotland has significant representation in Westminster with 59 MP's and a say within the UK, an Independent Scotland would lose all influence in Westminster abd even if it managed to join the EU would only have a mere 6 seats in the European Parliament. I think if anything the Scots have a very good deal the way things stand and that's without even taking in to consideration the Public Service and Defence jobs that would be lost, whilst Scotland currently has the largest budget deficit in the EU and wouldn't even qualify fir EU membership on this criteria alone.

Old 07-16-2017, 02:53 AM

27,140 posts, read 13,429,141 times
I think the EU may be more flexible when it comes to borders and movement of people, and I personally think the UK will negotiate some form of Swiss model allowing us to trade with the EU as now, but also allowing us to make new independent trade deals. Failing that there is the Norweigan model and other such trade deals. I don't recall the Swiss or Scandinavian countries being economically impoversished in fact thay are in a much better position than most full members of the EU.

Britain should push for Swiss-style deal after Brexit - Daily Express

Swiss-style Brexit deal is UK's 'BEST option for leaving the EU' | Politics | News | Express.co.uk

Brexiting Swiss-style: The best possible UK-EU trade deal - Centre for European Reform

Swiss Start Promptly to Talk Brexit Without Need to Wait for EU - Bloomberg

Brexit can be good for Britain, says Swiss finance minister - Financial Times

Last edited by Brave New World; 07-16-2017 at 03:02 AM..

Old 07-16-2017, 07:50 AM

31,290 posts, read 20,728,778 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dashrendar4454 View Post
Tony Blair: It Is 'Absolutely Necessary' Brexit Does Not Happen

Typical liberal. Can't accept the results of an election
Blair loves big government. The bigger the better. He thinks more layers of bureaucrats telling people how to live their lives is a good thing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies