Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-15-2017, 05:31 PM

52,708 posts, read 34,525,339 times

Advertisements

well well, that certainly differs from what we generally hear from the SJW types..

USSC: Whites Receive Highest Sentences | The Daily Caller

Quote:
offenders convicted of a crime carrying a mandatory minimum sentence are receiving more severe punishments than any other race, according to a United States Sentencing Commission (USSC) study.

The USSC released its comprehensive review of the federal justice system’s mandatory minimum penalties Tuesday in its first review of the penalties since 2011. The study found that unlike 2011, white offenders, as opposed to black offenders, had the highest average sentence among offenders convicted of a crime carrying a mandatory minimum penalty. White people also had the highest sentences among offenders who had obtained sentence reductions.

White offenders were sentenced to an average of 127 months, black offenders to 119 months, and Hispanic offenders to 93 months.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-15-2017, 05:32 PM

5,859 posts, read 3,295,032 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
well well, that certainly differs from what we generally hear from the SJW types..

I wonder if the reason why is maybe a white defendant might go to trial than plea bargain?

Old 07-15-2017, 05:43 PM

691 posts, read 419,387 times
i don't get it but the first impression is alot of people are sure white people get special treatment over others. So is it that a general reaction is to go hard in the other direction to dispell it? from where i am tho no one gets treated better then anyone else with the exception that families stick together. whites get treated bad, so do blacks and hispanics and indians and so forth .. everyone hates everybody.

My honest reply tho is Ive been in court and who ever is handing the judge a bunch of BS gets it good. humble people who messed up and know it... they fair better.

Old 07-15-2017, 05:55 PM

36,856 posts, read 17,350,188 times
I clicked on the study. No chance in hell I was reading through all of that.

I don't plan on going to prison anytime soon anyway.

Old 07-15-2017, 05:56 PM

9,329 posts, read 4,138,210 times
I find this very, very unlikely.

Old 07-15-2017, 06:09 PM

33,016 posts, read 27,443,387 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarallel View Post

Copping a plea usually gets a perp a lower sentence than if they go to trial and are convicted. A "true" comparison of average sentences would include the "zero" sentences of those who go to trial and are acquitted.

Old 07-15-2017, 06:13 PM

30,246 posts, read 23,719,256 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarallel View Post
Sure, of course, it goes against the narrative...the lie that has been fed to people for so long. You just let them continue to tell you what to think...it's much easier to go through life that way than to find out you've been lied to all along.

Let me rustle those feathers a little more: There is no "white privilege". I know, shocking...but there it is. You won't like that one, either...that's fine. The truth always comes out in the end.

Old 07-15-2017, 06:16 PM

3,658 posts, read 2,560,028 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
Sure, of course, it goes against the narrative...the lie that has been fed to people for so long. You just let them continue to tell you what to think...it's much easier to go through life that way than to find out you've been lied to all along.

Let me rustle those feathers a little more: There is no "white privilege". I know, shocking...but there it is. You won't like that one, either...that's fine. The truth always comes out in the end.
You are going to throw a wrench in the victim mentality of so many on here with that kind of logic and truth.

Old 07-15-2017, 06:17 PM

33,016 posts, read 27,443,387 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post

Because defendants who accept a plea bargain, on average, get lighter sentences than those who are convicted at trial, I believe the "true" comparison of sentences should include the "zero" sentences of those who go to trial and are acquitted.

i.e. the relevant question is not "whether white defendants convicted of a crime received lighter or heavier sentences than others convicted of a crime", but rather "whether white defendants at trial end up with lighter or heavier sentences than others at trial".

Old 07-15-2017, 06:17 PM

14,668 posts, read 14,631,326 times
Most black and brown suspects plea out because they don't want to risk double or triple time (even if they're not guilty). Especially if they already have a record.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies