Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-16-2017, 05:23 AM

7,800 posts, read 4,375,111 times

Advertisements

Most Americans have not heard of this agency, but it is set up to certify and monitor and testing voting systems. It certifies the security of voting machines.

There no voter fraud going on just fraud on the voters committed by the right. State measures to repress the vote and efforts by Trump to undermine the integrity of our election process are just two examples.

I find it so ironic that a federal agency that was set up to bolster voter security is being undermined by Republicans who decry voter fraud at every opportunity.

But I guess when you don't give a damn about Russian or foreign hacking into our election process when it benefits your self-interest, our Country's most treasured institution can be treated like trash.

House Republicans Want to Eliminate Federal Election Assistance Agency - Management - GovExec.com
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-16-2017, 05:52 AM

8,822 posts, read 4,488,158 times
So, were the Russians "hacking into our election process" or not? If they were, then clearly this Fed agency isn't doing their job. If the Russians aren't, then you have no point to argue.

Requiring voter ID is not voter suppression.

Old 07-16-2017, 05:59 AM

38,859 posts, read 25,419,435 times
Pubs in general mistrust and fear the public.

And it's perfectly reflected in their agenda: voter suppression, cut back health care, dismantle public education, etc.

Old 07-16-2017, 06:09 AM

7,168 posts, read 5,349,595 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gringo View Post
Pubs in general mistrust and fear the public.
I agree with the {R}s on fearing the public, being a member of this forum the partisans from both sides scare the hell out of me.

Old 07-16-2017, 06:18 AM

58,639 posts, read 26,945,161 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TreeBeard View Post
Most Americans have not heard of this agency, but it is set up to certify and monitor and testing voting systems. It certifies the security of voting machines.

There no voter fraud going on just fraud on the voters committed by the right. State measures to repress the vote and efforts by Trump to undermine the integrity of our election process are just two examples.

I find it so ironic that a federal agency that was set up to bolster voter security is being undermined by Republicans who decry voter fraud at every opportunity.

But I guess when you don't give a damn about Russian or foreign hacking into our election process when it benefits your self-interest, our Country's most treasured institution can be treated like trash.

House Republicans Want to Eliminate Federal Election Assistance Agency - Management - GovExec.com
I find it "ironic" how you attack the repubs when it is the dems who are doing all the screaming about how "the Russian or foreign hacking into our election process".

I guess, obviously, this agency is NOT doing its job.

Only a dem would want to keep an agency that is NOT doing its job.

In the private sector, if you DON'T do your job, you are FIRED!

Old 07-16-2017, 06:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
I find it "ironic" how you attack the repubs when it is the dems who are doing all the screaming about how "the Russian or foreign hacking into our election process".

I guess, obviously, this agency is NOT doing its job.

Only a dem would want to keep an agency that is NOT doing its job.

In the private sector, if you DON'T do your job, you are FIRED!
Your argument is a red herring. It is like saying let's do away with the FAA after a plane crash because they did not do enough to prevent the plane crash.

Russian hacking into our election last year was not successful because of many of the safeguards that the agency installed. The Russians tried, were not successful but will try again.

The Repub solution?

Do away with the sentinels protecting our voting processes. Truly Sad.

Last edited by TreeBeard; 07-16-2017 at 06:51 AM..

Old 07-16-2017, 07:47 AM

8,924 posts, read 5,589,641 times
Leave it to the crooked party. They are only concerned about winning not doing the right thing.

Old 07-16-2017, 07:54 AM

41,815 posts, read 50,863,103 times
Quote:

The Repub solution?
...is removing government bloat. We already have a Federal agency that handles elections on top of the State agencies that do most of the work anyway. How many election agencies do you need?

Old 07-16-2017, 08:04 AM

8,840 posts, read 4,782,322 times
Quote:

Voter fraud to them means women and POC voting.

Old 07-16-2017, 08:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thecoalman View Post
...is removing government bloat. We already have a Federal agency that handles elections on top of the State agencies that do most of the work anyway. How many election agencies do you need?
Not government bloat. Government protection of our electoral system. Not every federal agency needs to be fodder for the conservative war on government.

As far as your comment on state agencies, every state has a state police but we still have the FBI. The federal government can take actions that state agencies cannot, as inconvenient a truth that is to conservatives.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies