Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-10-2017, 09:42 AM

27,566 posts, read 28,665,617 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LearnMe View Post
And how are the polls "biased" when most the reputable ones have been using the exact same questions/surveys with each POTUS going back as long as they've been polling?
The polls are fake because the silent majority of conservatives who voted for Trump don't answer polls. They always fly under the radar. However, they will be back come November 2018 and 2020.

This is exactly why we saw the ridiculous assertions by the news media that Hillary had a 90-95% chance (or more) of becoming the President. Completely fake then as they are now.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-10-2017, 09:42 AM

5,993 posts, read 3,733,906 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Travel Crazy View Post
Unlike what most readers on here would understand....Trump would rather have low rating early in a term.
It's pretty simple, the higher ratings are early-on, there's mostly only downhill from there.
Because when you then do things, plenty will be unhappy and your ratings slide.
I'd much rather have lower ratings in a first year.

Wait...didn't we learn a lot about the accuracy of polls last year, anyhow?
Oh so Trumps WANTS his approval ratings to be in the gutter? Got it.

Like the rest of his legislation, high approval ratings must also be right around the corner.

Old 08-10-2017, 10:00 AM

29,551 posts, read 9,720,681 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigCityDreamer View Post
The polls are fake because the silent majority of conservatives who voted for Trump don't answer polls. They always fly under the radar. However, they will be back come November 2018 and 2020.

This is exactly why we saw the ridiculous assertions by the news media that Hillary had a 90-95% chance (or more) of becoming the President. Completely fake then as they are now.
And you know this about the "silent majority of conservatives" how? No link or data reference..., no surprise.

Personally, I've never seen any research or evidence that conservatives are less likely to answer these poll questions than any other group. What do you know about this and how, or are you also just pushing "fake news?" (Falsehoods).

The reason predictions came out wrong with Hillary is because polls are not full-proof 100% accurate. That's why they always include the "margin of error" confidence level. Hillary is not the first that proved this and won't be the last. "Fake" is another matter altogether, but something tells me all this makes no sense to this "silent majority of conservatives." Funny that "majority" notion, but I get it!

As you were...

Old 08-10-2017, 10:11 AM

2,362 posts, read 1,924,287 times
libs are complaining
comservs are sitting back and waiting more then 7 mos to see what plays out

Old 08-10-2017, 10:17 AM

52,431 posts, read 26,628,813 times
LOL.

Once they figured out that 18% topic turned out to prove that Trump had a 58% approval rating, they dropped it like a hot potato.

Old 08-10-2017, 10:28 AM

29,551 posts, read 9,720,681 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
LOL.

Once they figured out that 18% topic turned out to prove that Trump had a 58% approval rating, they dropped it like a hot potato.
Comments like these always make me double-check to see if I missed something, and especially comments that don't include any link or 411 to help let be known the justification for the comment, maybe I shouldn't bother, but... really? "58% approval" according to who?

Gallup Daily: Trump Job Approval | Gallup

More importantly, and I mean far more importantly, aside from the polls, who can approve of the way Trump is playing games with North Korea? This isn't a reality TV show! There are people who are here today and possibly gone tomorrow if this game of "quien es mas macho" escalates to even a small demonstration of force. Maybe even our own in Guam. Anyone care about those people at all? We going to pull another hair-brained Iraq without any plan for after the sheet hits the fan?

Or is this another way to distract us from the health care circus and now Trump's little tweet war with McConnell? Never thought I'd miss the day when the news was about Trump explaining how you can grab women like bowling balls, but now I surely miss those days compared to these!

Poll numbers in the tank or not...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies