Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-18-2017, 08:15 AM

3,992 posts, read 2,458,243 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
Therein lies your problem. You think all the Left wing sources, who have been caught publishing fake stories, are extremely biased, run by Democrats, dominated by Democrats ...are more credible.

And, no, I don't get any of my information from Infowars. Never watch it.

1) I never said you should red left wing, I said your right wing bias shows...there's a middle ground, or at least there used to be...
2) IF you think your right wing sources are unbiased and are not the chief ones publishing your beloved "Fake news" then you might want to do a bit of research into the matter.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-18-2017, 08:20 AM

30,419 posts, read 20,304,341 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
That Sekulow insists there was no crime committed is not exactly shocking news.

Did he also say a crime was a committed and that he had no way of knowing if a crime was committed?

His interview with Chris Wallace was a classic. He stated Trump was under investigation, Trump wasn't under investigation, and he had no idea if Trump was under investigation as no one told him anything.
Why is that "not exactly shocking news?" Alan Dershowitz, a Democrat and a brilliant attorney, also says there was no crime committed.

Where did you get your law degree from?

That interview with Chris Wallace made Wallace look foolish. Wallace couldn't comprehend Trump's tweet, much less understand Jay Sekulow, who tried to explain it several ways to make it easy for Wallace. Wallace is either stupid, or he wasn't listening. He didn't want to listen. He had to resort to mocking a brilliant lawyer. It wasn't Jay Sekulow's problem that Wallace couldn't understand plain English.

I watched the entire interview when it aired. I was embarrassed for Wallace. It was hard to watch as he wouldn't give up. What Jay Sekulow said was perfectly clear, and I understood Trump's tweet, which was also clear.Trump was re-stating the claim that was made. Apparently, this was over Wallace's head. Apparently, it was over your head too.

Jay Sekulow is also a brilliant attorney, the majority of whose cases are Supreme Court Cases. He is a Supreme Court Litigant, with many years experience, and he knows the law. Do you?

Old 07-18-2017, 10:01 AM

16,582 posts, read 8,605,677 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kat in aiken View Post
Unfortunately, there are a whole lot of fox viewers who believe that the hannity show, and the show that watters is on, and the five and outnumbered and judge jeannie are all news shows. They believe what these people say as though it is facts and not opinions/propaganda. Seriously.
I think you are generalizing too much with that statement. Sure there are koolaid drinkers in both parties, but most people not wedded to their party, can differentiate between professional journalists who report the news, vs. political advocates that slant stories.

Now you will have so called journalist that not only bend the rules, but burn the book. A good recent example of that is Donna Brazile of CNN & ABC. While not a straight up journalist, I remember thinking she was a fair-minded regular on This Week. A partisan to be sure, but reasoned enough to at least listen to the other side. Little did I know she lack such integrity that she would stoop to feeding the questions to the person she wanted to win. Candidates should sink or swim based on what they are made of, how they handle pressure, etc.
Clearly she violated just about every rule in the book, then invoked the woman and race card in her denials that she did it.
Then the cherry on top of the cake was she later admitted it without shame, and seemed more upset that she was caught, not her own culpability and actual collusion.
This sadly seems more prevalent with leftist/liberals than with conservatives. Sure there are hypocrites in both parties. However the party over integrity or even country is much worse with them. Brazile said her conscience is clear “as an activist, and strategist.” She is basically confirming one of the most negative perceptions of political operations — that the guiding ethos is whatever it takes to win. According to this cutthroat code of conduct, she did the right thing by putting her party's front-runner above all else.

Of note, CNN trusted her, and they paid a price with their own already suspect reputation. To allow the interim DNC chair (who replaced the other disgraced DNC chair) to be in that position was poor judgement at best, or complicity at worst.

Needless to say some will watch Hannity or Maddow and think "I agree with them", without necessarily believing they are getting unvarnished news.
I think people like the late John McLaughlin and Tim Russert were able to put aside their own personal politics in an effort to give the person they were interviewing an opportunity to express their views. They also threw hardball's are people who were on the same side of the political spectrum, which made their respective shows informative and interesting.
For me, it drives me nuts to see a host throw softballs to people on their team, and savage those from the other team. Thus the great journalists that are respected are as evenhanded as they can be.

`

Old 07-18-2017, 10:26 AM

21,430 posts, read 7,455,334 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by emm74 View Post
Not wanting Trump wasn't the same as preferring Hillary.
Absolutely correct.

Old 07-19-2017, 07:07 PM

7,185 posts, read 3,699,705 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phma View Post
Without doing a complete assessment to see where your are. It might be good to start at the beginning with something that is absolutely unbiased and true. Then we can evaluate and bring you along, at your own pace, and work you up to Hannity or Rush.

Start here :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZIniljT5lJI
How cute.

So, you get your info from hannity and rush. You do realize they are opinion people, not actual news people, right? Still waiting for the list from non sense guy, tho.

Old 07-19-2017, 07:24 PM

3,770 posts, read 6,742,675 times
Let's keep in mind that over the next 10 years, the majority of those who watch Fox News will have died. You can include the viewers of CNN and the rest of the cable news channels.

Old 07-19-2017, 07:31 PM

16,569 posts, read 15,271,829 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by G1.. View Post
I talked about this before.trump supporters are fleeing and there is nothing they can do to stop it.
I don't care what Jr. says, does or did. Don't get your hopes up.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies