Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-18-2017, 08:07 AM

36,128 posts, read 30,603,369 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atalanta View Post
$15 an hour wage is not just in Seattle. At current yes. Although, other cities have voted it in and on their way there.

If Subway is fairly busy I vote for hiring more people not putting in machines to take their work.
Do you feel the same about kiosks at Verizon, the bank, the DMV, doctor offices, parking garages, etc.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-18-2017, 08:08 AM

36,962 posts, read 18,926,579 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atalanta View Post
Due to the $15 hour minimum wage, sky rocketing Health Care for their employees, the bane of technology?

I personally do not like it.
Do not eat at Subway much. Just went to eating there never.

https://www.google.com/amp/www.dayto...bEytO/amp.html

• Self-order kiosks in select locations, digital menu boards, Apple and Samsung Pay

The restaurant design features a veggie display with whole tomatoes, green peppers, onions and cucumbers that are sliced daily in the restaurant, plus new bread and cookie displays on the front of the line

We’ve created a modern design that gives our guests choices – from how they order, to how they pick up their food, to how they enjoy their meal,”
I don't use self checkouts, and I will not patronize a restaurant that has no employees. Every time a machine goes in an American loses a job. Screw a lot of greedy managers.

Old 07-18-2017, 08:09 AM

9,727 posts, read 9,698,563 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metsfan53 View Post
I assume this goes for WV too, not just urban areas like most people are hinting at here?
I was born in WV. Yes, it applies there too.

Old 07-18-2017, 08:09 AM

45,081 posts, read 26,245,496 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timmyy View Post
Please explain to me what point I missed?

I don't want these machines in any restaurant. I want people to stay employed. That being said if these things are put in Subway I don't think it will make a difference because of how their operation runs. It will be more efficient in making sandwiches because they would have the extra employee on the assembly line. I just hope it doesn't eliminate a job or two in each store.
Yet you want laws that price humans out of the job market.

Old 07-18-2017, 08:11 AM

3,992 posts, read 2,445,099 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinm View Post
I was born in WV. Yes, it applies there too.

in that case, I'll agree with you! AS long as it's applied equally, too many on here seem to feel only Urban poor are issues, that WV, rural poor are somehow exempt from these issues.

Old 07-18-2017, 08:12 AM

36,962 posts, read 18,926,579 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlongTheI-5 View Post
Yet illegals remain employed by the millions.
Blame the greed of the business managers.

Old 07-18-2017, 08:13 AM

12,566 posts, read 10,571,612 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
Yet you want laws that price humans out of the job market.
I do? When did I say I want laws that price humans out of the job market? Where are you getting this from? You bolded something in my post that says I want people to stay employed.

Quote:
I do? When did I say I want laws that price humans out of the job market? Where are you getting this from?
Well if you are for abolishing min. wage laws, we are on the same page and I apologize for misreading your position.

9,727 posts, read 9,698,563 times
Quote:
Please explain to me what point I missed?

I don't want these machines in any restaurant. I want people to stay employed. That being said if these things are put in Subway I don't think it will make a difference because of how their operation runs. It will be more efficient in making sandwiches because they would have the extra employee on the assembly line. I just hope it doesn't eliminate a job or two in each store.

How about outlawing dump trucks and bulldozers. Give everyone shovel. 100% employment for the "unskilled". Lets get rid of shovels and replace them with spoons. Jobs for life!!!

Old 07-18-2017, 08:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuebald View Post
I don't use self checkouts, and I will not patronize a restaurant that has no employees. Every time a machine goes in an American loses a job. Screw a lot of greedy managers.
Of course you run your own business as a non-profit/charity
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies