Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-18-2017, 11:18 AM

3,221 posts, read 1,737,993 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
Exactly what I was thinking. Well - it does take some effort to organize a march or a protest so I suppose that's why our aging right wing can't do it.

That said, I want answers on this shooting. Too much killing by our cops.

Yep. Probably she smelled like pot. Or . . was a victim of bad parenting. Or. . she had her hand in her pajama pocket and she should have kept them in plain sight.

She was resisting. If only she had complied.
They also found texts of hers where she talked about smoking weed, and there are pictures of her posing with guns. She's a thug!!

Now I'm not trying to make light of what happened here, this is a tragedy and I want answers too. I'm just highlighting the absurdity of conservative logic when a black person gets shot. They're always moving the goalposts on how the person should've behaved, or coming up with bull**** reasons to judge their character, in a way that they almost never do if a white person gets shot.

Old 07-18-2017, 11:20 AM

17,273 posts, read 9,560,145 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dbones View Post
And you and the other fakes here jump right on it on how terrible it is that some minority drug dealer gets shot because he's too stupid not to know not to pull a gun on cops. You're not fooling anyone either.
You're irrelevant.

Old 07-18-2017, 11:22 AM

16,345 posts, read 18,063,833 times
There are two possibilities with this case:

1. There will be the standard blue wall that will protect this cop just like all the other times. Even if there is an investigation- hell, even a trial- there is unlikely to be any real consequences because juries and the judicial system almost never hold cops accountable for anything, regardless of the circumstances or any evidence.

2. Because this was a white woman victim (and a foreign tourist) and a black, foreign-born cop, it's possible this will be one of those very rare cases where the cop is held responsible because America is full of racism and sometimes the need to punish a black immigrant is more important than protecting a sacred cop.

It's hard to know which way this is going to go, but if I was betting, I'd lean toward #1. As for those saying that we should wait for the facts, since when did facts matter?

Old 07-18-2017, 11:27 AM

3,568 posts, read 1,346,473 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by biscuit_head View Post
"Maybe she did something to deserve getting shot. White women need to learn how to listen to authorities"

"If she complied and obeyed the law, she'd still be alive..."

"Why don't white people address the problems in their communities with white-on-white crime?"

Old 07-18-2017, 11:34 AM

2,014 posts, read 5,101,169 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot1 View Post
We have jobs. No time to march, nor be violent, stop traffic, destroy property, and put people in the hospital. That's the difference.
Seems to happen a lot after sporting events like hockey and soccer games. I'm sure you have time.

Old 07-18-2017, 11:41 AM

39,869 posts, read 26,508,031 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ButterBrownBiscuit View Post
Maybe they are waiting for all of the facts to come in.
Heck of a concept, isn't it?

Old 07-18-2017, 11:43 AM

39,869 posts, read 26,508,031 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by saltine View Post
Wondering why the skin tone of the woman was not mentioned in msm headlines. Not really though.
Or that of the shooter. There can only be one reason when an officer of a different pigmentation level shoots someone, right?

Old 07-18-2017, 11:43 AM

17,273 posts, read 9,560,145 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
Heck of a concept, isn't it?
It's a new concept for cons who immediately jump on the victim when they're black. Don't even bother trying to argue that, its fact & it's out there for all of us to see.

Old 07-18-2017, 11:44 AM

2,260 posts, read 1,137,942 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbcmh81 View Post
There are two possibilities with this case:

1. There will be the standard blue wall that will protect this cop just like all the other times. Even if there is an investigation- hell, even a trial- there is unlikely to be any real consequences because juries and the judicial system almost never hold cops accountable for anything, regardless of the circumstances or any evidence.

2. Because this was a white woman victim (and a foreign tourist) and a black, foreign-born cop, it's possible this will be one of those very rare cases where the cop is held responsible because America is full of racism and sometimes the need to punish a black immigrant is more important than protecting a sacred cop.

It's hard to know which way this is going to go, but if I was betting, I'd lean toward #1. As for those saying that we should wait for the facts, since when did facts matter?
Youre right, facts dont matter. Its all about how the prosecutor works with the cops. The prosecutor can deny the jury the incriminating evidence. This is a big city, it could go either way in court. The prosecutor might throw the case, he might really want to get a conviction. They will make up an incredible story to make it look good, delete footage, whatever they can do.
Put it this way, if we hear that the cop "feared for his life", then we know he will not get convicted. The jury cant convict for any kind of homicide charges if this claim is made.
If the prosecutor charges for anything other than homicide, such as filing false report, he will be convicted. But hes not going to jail.

When juries dont get all of the evidence, and the prosecution and defense makes the cop look like a boy scout. Its part of the benefits, the cops just wont tell anyone this. This is why police departments toss out 80% of the complaints, so theres no evidence in a case like this (luckily this guy had 3 on file). This is why cops here always say "Justice was served" because they know it works for them. Once the jury acquits everyone involved says "hey the jury decided, not my fault!" when that wasnt the case. Its a setup 90% of the time. Thats why its so rare that cops get convicted.

How can a prosecutor try to convict a cop that he works with on a daily basis, knowing:
1.) the rest of the force will refuse to work with him on cases
2.) If he doesnt win cases, he doesnt get re-elected
3.) he can lose a case with a cop and everyone is happy with it because they dont know how he orchestrated the acquittal
4.) People give the cops the benefit of the doubt anyway, so he doesnt look bad when he loses in these cases.

Its a scam people, watch it work....
This aint the cops making this happen people, its the D.A. and prosecutors manipulating everything.

Last edited by Harry Hemi; 07-18-2017 at 11:55 AM..

Old 07-18-2017, 11:46 AM

5,860 posts, read 3,298,444 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thefragile View Post
Sure you have. Now, why don't you go ahead & lecture this victim in what she did wrong.
Really please tell me where I have been wrong. You may not like my opinions on different cases. However not a single time have I been wrong about the outcome.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies