Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-25-2017, 08:13 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,191,640 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Berteau View Post
So when a cop kills a white or any other race are blacks overwhelmingly defending the killed white (or other race) person? Exactly.

Like I said, where are he protests?!? You're dodging he question.
Again, the process appears to be working.....we will still have to wait and see if it works as it should but the process is working here. You do not need to protest when things work as they should.

Old 07-25-2017, 08:17 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,191,640 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mason3000 View Post
I pity you. You are a victim. Full of hate, racism & low self esteem. You're one of the luckiest, most privileged people on the planet, born on 3rd, but you choose to think you're stuck on 1st.
A little story.........I once worked with an elderly black man. He admitted to being racist.......he then told me this story. His daughter integrated the local school system. He told me how he would go to the school at lunch to sit with her as no one else would. He would hear the names she was called behind her back. How he would have to go out and clean the chicken bones and watermelon rinds out of his yard. He told me that he hoped the younger generations could get past it but because of what his daughter went through, he never would.

I understood.

Old 07-25-2017, 08:17 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,193,725 times
Quote:
So when a cop kills a white or any other race are blacks overwhelmingly defending the killed white (or other race) person? Exactly. .
T
Yeah, we do defend victims of police brutality.
Quote:
Who says Whites haven't been concerned about police shootings? Here's the difference: Many of us take the extremely rare police shootings on a case by case basis. Some are clearly wrong. Some appear to be accidents. Some I have no sympathy for. Case by case, that's what you do when not blinded by racism & raw emotion.
Yeah, you take it on a case by case basis.

If the case ends up with a black dude dead, then it's GOT to be justified.

If the case ends up with a white woman dead, big problem. And you'll have Conservatives like Michelle Bachmann talking about Affirmative Action hires in police departments when she's never given a damn about cop shootings before.

That's your case by case.
Quote:
I'm not concerned with police shootings. Why aren't people such as yourself more concerned with black on black killings which represents %90 of black murders??
Then why are you even bothering to contribute to this thread then?

Black on black murders aren't the issue. Blacks don't pay blacks their tax money to protect them from criminals. They pay the police to protect the community EXACTLY like they protect the white community. We don't pay tax dollars to have the cops shoot us unjustly.

The end. I'm not discussing black on black affairs with you. That's none of your concern.

Old 07-25-2017, 09:33 PM

3,538 posts, read 1,327,650 times
Quote:
I pity you. You are a victim. Full of hate, racism & low self esteem. You're one of the luckiest, most privileged people on the planet, born on 3rd, but you choose to think you're stuck on 1st.
gibberish.

Old 07-25-2017, 09:45 PM

31,848 posts, read 17,607,170 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
I know.

There are a few whites that have been prescient enough to see the problem. But most haven't. Police brutality was all a lie in their minds. Blacks were making it up for decades in their opinions.

Nowadays, more whites understand. But look what it often takes for them to see it. A white woman died. Now even Michelle Bachmann has something to say about it.

She never gave a damn about cop shootings before this.

Since I'm one of the guilty parties who believed something that wasn't true, let me just say it's not that I thought black people were making it up. It's that I thought they weren't complying, and not telling the whole story. Think about it - that's what the cops would say and we had no reason to distrust them.

It wasn't until we started seeing video after video that it dawned on me that this was always an issue and we just didn't know.

White people better get on board with this because this is an issue that impacts everyone.

People know who Walter Scott is. Few have heard of Ricky Kevin Whidden, a 46 year old white, suicidal, schizophrenic man shot in the back three times, with one of the officers then turning his police dog on him while he was lying on the ground bleeding. They lied about what happened and if not for a neighbors surveillance camera capturing the whole thing on film, they'd still be pedaling their bull.

Old 07-25-2017, 09:59 PM

18,158 posts, read 15,626,323 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbgusa View Post
This picture raises, in a fairly ugly matter, a question that needs to be addressed. Just as occurred after the September 11, 2001 attacks, the Orlando night club attacks or San Bernardino there is a reluctance to face the issue of radical Islamic violence. That issue should not be a third rail. If the Muslim immigrants are going to make progress or indeed be at all welcome, the issue of sectarian violence badly needs discussion.

In my opinion, pure and simple, this is Sudden Jihad Syndrome. It is politically incorrect to point out that the Somali cop was Muslim. The Somali community in Minnesota is quite violent to the point that many areas are "no-go zones."

I have to admit when I hear "Somalia" an image like this does spring into my mind. They are an extremely violent, hyper violent, people. It's a brutal place to be. Pirates and bandit warlords are the "government". Truly, this picture portrays Somali "police." It gives me pause. Gotta be honest with myself here I can't get past Noors background. I believe it's more than probable it figures into his work on the Minneapolis force.

His actions speak to a violent nature perhaps even a desire to get lethal. Modern LE training here in the US would serve to enhance such a trait. I've seen such training first hand with the NHP academy here and dealt with it as an instructor in defenssive firearms on the outside. It's difficult to take on students that you have to unlearn things that have been drilled into them.

In the case at issue here, I lean to believing a combination of background and aditional conditioning played a big role in what happened.

Old 07-25-2017, 10:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post
Since I'm one of the guilty parties who believed something that wasn't true, let me just say it's not that I thought black people were making it up. It's that I thought they weren't complying, and not telling the whole story. Think about it - that's what the cops would say and we had no reason to distrust them.

It wasn't until we started seeing video after video that it dawned on me that this was always an issue and we just didn't know.

White people better get on board with this because this is an issue that impacts everyone.

People know who Walter Scott is. Few have heard of Ricky Kevin Whidden, a 46 year old white, suicidal, schizophrenic man shot in the back three times, with one of the officers then turning his police dog on him while he was lying on the ground bleeding. They lied about what happened and if not for a neighbors surveillance camera capturing the whole thing on film, they'd still be pedaling their bull.
I agree with everything you said here.

There have been dozens of white victims of police brutality, and those cases go under the radar! That's why I've never understood why whites have never been stronger advocates against police misconduct. African Americans and Latinos have been screaming from the rooftops for years about this stuff.

Old 07-25-2017, 11:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NVplumber View Post
I have to admit when I hear "Somalia" an image like this does spring into my mind. They are an extremely violent, hyper violent, people. It's a brutal place to be. Pirates and bandit warlords are the "government". Truly, this picture portrays Somali "police." It gives me pause. Gotta be honest with myself here I can't get past Noors background. I believe it's more than probable it figures into his work on the Minneapolis force.

His actions speak to a violent nature perhaps even a desire to get lethal. Modern LE training here in the US would serve to enhance such a trait. I've seen such training first hand with the NHP academy here and dealt with it as an instructor in defenssive firearms on the outside. It's difficult to take on students that you have to unlearn things that have been drilled into them.

In the case at issue here, I lean to believing a combination of background and aditional conditioning played a big role in what happened.
Somalians in my experience are very docile. There is nothing hyper violent about them.

Their country is no different than any other nation that becomes chaotic. And it didn't help that the French, British, and Italians made a mess of the place. Their strategic position also made them a pawn in the Cold War.

American Somalis in my experience are just fine. A little fanatical on the religion, but successive generations will be much better as they assimilate.

Old 07-25-2017, 11:23 PM

35,064 posts, read 17,006,525 times
Quote:
Somalians in my experience are very docile. There is nothing hyper violent about them.

Their country is no different than any other nation that becomes chaotic. And it didn't help that the French, British, and Italians made a mess of the place. Their strategic position also made them a pawn in the Cold War.

American Somalis in my experience are just fine. A little fanatical on the religion, but successive generations will be much better as they assimilate.
For a reality check on that read Ayaan Hirsi Ali's Infidel, Nomad and/or one I haven't read yet, Heretic. You may find your mind changed.

Old 07-25-2017, 11:30 PM

10,181 posts, read 10,257,364 times
Quote:
No truth to that.

When cops kill blacks, they are universally defended by whites almost ALWAYS. Hell, the cops were waylaying on Rodney King's head on camera, and al I heard was "we've gotta see the whole video."
Rodney King, who refused to listen and ****? Because he was so doped up?

Rodney King, who went on reality tv shows, b/c he spent all of his "cops beat my ass b/c I was still a threat to them due to the fact I don't listen too good when I'm on crack, but I sued them - to the point of over $3Million" (and still a drug addict) money?

THAT Rodney King?

Where were you when Reginald Denny got dragged out of his cab & his head was getting a cinder block slammed on it and then stomped on by the fine folks who live in East LA?

You know, b/c drug addicted & drug fueled Roddy was their "example" of "black oppression by cops" and they were so upset by the jury's decision?

So lets go act like animals in the street and pull some random white guy out of the cab of his truck and beat him within two inches of his life, b/c the cops who gave Rodney King his beat down (and got off) were white.

Instead of "using their big boy/big girl words"?

More than pathetic.

And RIP Roddy - drowned in a pool. High as a kite.

/eyeroll

Last edited by Informed Info; 07-25-2017 at 11:50 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies