Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-19-2017, 08:39 PM

12,956 posts, read 9,606,604 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Zero View Post
Eventually he'll run out of ideas, and trot out "Siblings Week" and "Disney Sea and Shore Week", just like Wheel of Fortune. I guess that's what we deserve for electing a TV host.
Lol
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-19-2017, 08:46 PM

23,856 posts, read 13,690,180 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mason3000 View Post
I'm with you. I'm a Trump supporter, but hate the GOP. I loved every minute of the campaign season watching those status quo R's try to take down Trump. Trump mowed them down one after the other. Then they launched 'never-Trump' and he ran over them like a steamroller. Since he took office, they've backstabbed him, undercut him, leaked (I presume) to damage his Presidency and are now actively working against everything they said they would do with the ACA, mostly just to screw Trump. It is an absolute treat to watch Trump upset the GOP apple cart and force them to reform.

Very similar in entertainment value to watching Bernie Sanders steal all the thunder from Hillary's campaign and cost the D's the presidency. My hope is Sanders runs again in 2020 or someone like that to absolutely divide the D's and force them to reform themselves as well.
If Trump had higher approval ratings, you'd be right. As it is, though, I suspect most of the GOPe, including congressional Rs, are seeing him more as a nuisance that they have to put up with. They're going to use him when they can, of course. But unless something happens to drive his approval numbers up, and stay up, quite a few congressional Rs have little reason to change their respective tunes.

Old 07-19-2017, 08:48 PM

17,825 posts, read 15,486,584 times
I'll never understand why anyone roots for other people to be hurt through government policies and bad programs and bills. Yes, the ACA has it's problems, no doubt about it. But, it's not all bad and anyone who says it is, is not accurate. Republicans have total control; so why can't they work together and fix the areas of plan weakness for the good of everyone? And why aren't they being held to that very standard by their constituents?

Old 07-19-2017, 08:49 PM

20,704 posts, read 8,472,156 times
Trump has only been there six months so he has a good excuse. The Reps have said they were ready to vote for repeal and replace dozens of times over seven years. They have no excuse. Replace them with New Republicans via recalling them and voting them out at the midterms. At least McCain won't be obstructing any more.

Old 07-19-2017, 08:53 PM

20,704 posts, read 8,472,156 times
I never cease to be amazed by the hypocrisy of the Loony Left who spout platitudes about how compassionate they are, worried about words and feelings yet are happy to dance on the graves of average people who are being screwed by Obamacare and who just want something better for themselves and their families. Leftists enjoy the suffering of others

Old 07-19-2017, 09:10 PM

12,956 posts, read 9,606,604 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PilgrimsProgress View Post
I never cease to be amazed by the hypocrisy of the Loony Left who spout platitudes about how compassionate they are, worried about words and feelings yet are happy to dance on the graves of average people who are being screwed by Obamacare and who just want something better for themselves and their families. Leftists enjoy the suffering of others
So it's the Dems fault that they can't come up with something better? They own Washington these days, don't blame this on the Dems.

Old 07-19-2017, 09:16 PM

78,866 posts, read 46,512,309 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fibonacci View Post
I mean the GOP bitched and complained about Obama Care since day 1, yet they can't even replace the damn thing after multiple attempts? What the hell were they doing all those years when they were complaining? They couldn't come up with a single viable and palatable plan during that whole time? Now that they've shown utter incompetence when it comes to crafting healthcare law, their option of last resort in order to save face is to simply vote on the repeal of Obama Care and have nothing to replace it. What a catastrophe of epic proportions for the GOP. At total egg on their face. This is the greatest piece entertainment of the year.

Constitutional Conservatives are not trained to create big bloated government. So you can understand the blunder they are making of the Replace, that they never planned for.

It was all about repeal and bring government back down from extra bloated. Not anymore and they are clueless how to create huge bloated government knows best.

Old 07-19-2017, 09:28 PM

5,993 posts, read 3,723,369 times
Quote:
Trump has only been there six months so he has a good excuse. The Reps have said they were ready to vote for repeal and replace dozens of times over seven years. They have no excuse. Replace them with New Republicans via recalling them and voting them out at the midterms. At least McCain won't be obstructing any more.
Your beloved Republicans who voted for this monstrosity of a bill will indeed be replaced.....with Democrats! I guess you haven't been paying attention. The reason there were defections amongst the Republicans is because their constituents demanded they either keep Obamacare and fix it or pass Trump's original campaign promise of providing healthcare coverage that would cover everyone at a drastically lower rate.

Your fantasies of replacing your Republican representatives with tea party candidates have just been crushed beyond any hope of redemption. It is now clear that the American people want universal coverage at very low, affordable prices. You understand what this means, right? You guys are about to be in for the shock of your lives.

Old 07-20-2017, 06:40 AM

8,168 posts, read 8,494,576 times
Why, if there will be fewer people paying insurance would the premiums be higher? Well, maybe the same amount of medical care gets done. Don't we need a plan that covers more people so more premiums can be collected? Cover everybody?

Old 07-20-2017, 06:43 AM

51,619 posts, read 25,691,824 times
Quote:
.... At least McCain won't be obstructing any more.
The man has brain cancer.

You may want to wait a day or two before launching the celebration.

Despicable.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies