Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-18-2017, 05:57 PM

23,795 posts, read 13,249,351 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnywhereElse View Post
Could you give me the list of senior diplomats that have said this? I didn't think so. I am sure they will be remaining anonymous. At what point do people stop falling for this crap?

"A source told told the oft-sensationalist tabloid...."? Can you tell me who that source is? I didn't think so. "Anonymous".

What a pile of horse poop!

Come on, people, read the article for a change!

The UK has over 85 courts not ruling under sharia law, no one in their right mind should want to visit there anyway.
I read the article, and it makes perfect sense. Many officials (senior and otherwise) in the UK despise Trump, so would have no problem at all spilling Trump's cowardly comments to a tab. Parliament debated banning him from the UK. Parliament has publicly stated they do not want Trump to give speech.

It also makes perfect sense that Trump would threaten a lawsuit if he did not say that (just like Melania sued the Mail for a misstatement that impinges on her ability to make money off of her First Lady status).

Not even sure what the last comment means (85 courts not ruling under Sharia law? Huh?).

But I am in my right mind and I want to visit the UK--it's a great place, and I would welcome visiting a city like London that despises Trump en masse.

"...A source said: “He seemed to think the PM would be able to smooth the path for him to get a warm welcome.

“But she tried to explain she has no power to dictate how newspapers and media might decide to cover his visit.

“After all, we are not North Korea.

“He said he would not agree a date until people support him coming...”
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-18-2017, 06:26 PM

9,837 posts, read 4,631,783 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnywhereElse View Post
Could you give me the list of senior diplomats that have said this? I didn't think so. I am sure they will be remaining anonymous. At what point do people stop falling for this crap?

"A source told told the oft-sensationalist tabloid...."? Can you tell me who that source is? I didn't think so. "Anonymous".

What a pile of horse poop!

Come on, people, read the article for a change!

The UK has over 85 courts not ruling under sharia law, no one in their right mind should want to visit there anyway.
cool deflect with the made up bit about sharia law. not one single UK court is run under sharia law, your story is the ultimate fake news lie told by right wing racists and thugs who want to scare people into supporting lumpy trumpy.

USA pop is about 1% muslim has been for your entire life mate, so hard luck , nobody here is buying your fake scare bs.

OH and Trump looks the fool asking May to "fix it" for him, more like pedophile Jim'll fix it than a Potus.

Old 07-18-2017, 06:31 PM

5,544 posts, read 8,310,241 times
Don't blame him. The Lord Mayor of London Khan has total authority over who can enter London. even the reigning Monarch can not enter without his permission. Since Mayor Khan has said no entry for Pres Trump, then why should our president push a rope? Give it some time and let the Brits figure it out.

Old 07-18-2017, 06:33 PM

10,920 posts, read 6,904,610 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiyero View Post
The king of all snowflakes.
Trump is the biggest snowflake in the world.

Old 07-18-2017, 07:07 PM

31,887 posts, read 26,916,776 times
His Orangeness cares only for the pomp and glory of the office. That and lining his own pockets. The rest it seems he couldn't care less. Unlike career politicians in the House or Senate DT does have a very wealthy life outside the Beltway. He'll leave this country in a mess in 2020 or whenever and not have to give a rat's behind.

Old 07-18-2017, 07:16 PM

7,185 posts, read 3,697,073 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dothetwist View Post
Pretty snotty coming from someone who can't be in the same room with putin without hanging all over him.

Old 07-18-2017, 07:20 PM

7,447 posts, read 2,830,451 times
What a whiny little b**ch lol

Old 07-18-2017, 07:21 PM

8,924 posts, read 5,621,220 times
Trump is going to be one President nobody wants to see. He is a disaster....

Old 07-18-2017, 07:26 PM

6,141 posts, read 3,369,604 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
Or maybe if Trump stopped acting like a jackass he'd get better press coverage.
I say give up the thought for Trump to change.. He has always been self-absorbed.. and at his age his demand for Positive Press and ADORATION is a MUST.

Sure wish his voters actually realized this Liar-in-Chief 's was CHEP!! based on zero intention to do any such thing!! His past 4 year history represents precisely on HOW this "FRAUD" operates.. SO what's happening dow is no surprise to those who knows his history.. BUT his "Entertainment" Twitter-sphere swallow the BS. Just like the Investors into his "Trump" University Scam!1

Unfortunately.. This isn't just a business venture.. THIS IS NATIONAL consequential .. and Internationally CONSequential as well!! This Unhinged geriatric self-absorbed challenged person could very well cause far more problems for the everyday citizens.. and including his OWN VOTERS!!

Those rural voters believed his LIES.. and stand to lose BIGGLY!!

Last edited by Lyndarn; 07-18-2017 at 07:41 PM..

Old 07-18-2017, 07:31 PM

7,185 posts, read 3,697,073 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigma777 View Post

“He said he would not agree a date until people support him coming...”
Is he holding his breath for that?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies