Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-18-2017, 05:48 PM

1,348 posts, read 792,306 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheesesteak Cravings View Post
Please share your example.
It's called using FACTS and REASON instead of feelings and ego when making decisions.
NY Refugee is right.

Old 07-18-2017, 05:50 PM

8,224 posts, read 3,497,598 times
Quote:
Please share your example.
Take a kid in who was on the PINS system in NY who became a little brother to me. Was 5 years younger than me had a drunk for a mother and an abusive step father.

Little prick, I housed him, fed him, got his grades up, took him school clothes shopping he was into expensive stuff. Had him help me on side jobs got him work and paid him to help me. He lived with me for a year and a half.

Cleaned my checking account out, left not even leaving a goodbye note or anything. Moved in with his dope dealing cousin. Had that kid lined up to succeed and left me with 15 bucks in my pocket. Paid for his drivers license, I even bought the stain a Cadillac STS for his first car, just got done swapping an engine in it (overheated Northstar head bolts pulled threads from the block) thank God for that sold it to make my bills.

While I was in college to boot.

Learned from that point forward, don't ever worry about someone else. The minute they can ********* over they will. Can help everyone and their brother out and when you need someone they've got an excuse.

Worry about yourself and where you want to be in 10 years life goes by a whole lot easier. Worry about doing the right things all the time because it feels good, will leave you screwed quicker than a hooker.
Do what makes sense and worry only for yourself, do what you have to to make it happen. Life is good once you shut them off. It's quite funny to see what gets some people unhinged or what they consider a crisis...

Old 07-18-2017, 05:51 PM

Location: Live:Downtown Phoenix, AZ/Work:Greater Los Angeles, CA
27,606 posts, read 14,604,784 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fordtrucks View Post
And thats their good side...
I hope you know that Freak80's post is sarcastic.....

Old 07-18-2017, 05:54 PM

Location: Live:Downtown Phoenix, AZ/Work:Greater Los Angeles, CA
27,606 posts, read 14,604,784 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyMac18 View Post
Actually, RIT. Rochester, NY is a nice town - I could see myself ending up back there eventually. Great place to raise a family, and a lot of nice things to do.

A position at Stanford was pretty hard to turn down, though.

Congrats on your good investments. And for having a good eye for picking up things when they're in low demand.
You're originally from Rochester too? I was born and raised there, escaped right after I graduated HS back in '01. I wouldn't ever go back. If I were you, I'd stay in California

Old 07-18-2017, 05:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Travel Crazy View Post
It's called using FACTS and REASON instead of feelings and ego when making decisions.
NY Refugee is right.
Yup that too.

I'm often confused for someone in their 50s/60s
I've been around the block a time or two...

Those who say you can't cut emotions off, haven't been screwed over. I mean truly screwed over.

They're naive and it's understandable.

Old 07-18-2017, 05:57 PM

3,251 posts, read 2,553,543 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NY_refugee87 View Post
Take a kid in who was on the PINS system in NY who became a little brother to me. Was 5 years younger than me had a drunk for a mother and an abusive step father.

Little prick, I housed him, fed him, got his grades up, took him school clothes shopping he was into expensive stuff. Had him help me on side jobs got him work and paid him to help me. He lived with me for a year and a half.

Cleaned my checking account out, left not even leaving a goodbye note or anything. Moved in with his dope dealing cousin. Had that kid lined up to succeed and left me with 15 bucks in my pocket. Paid for his drivers license, I even bought the stain a Cadillac STS for his first car, just got done swapping an engine in it (overheated Northstar head bolts pulled threads from the block) thank God for that sold it to make my bills.

While I was in college to boot.

Learned from that point forward, don't ever worry about someone else. The minute they can ********* over they will. Can help everyone and their brother out and when you need someone they've got an excuse.

Worry about yourself and where you want to be in 10 years life goes by a whole lot easier. Worry about doing the right things all the time because it feels good, will leave you screwed quicker than a hooker.
Do what makes sense and worry only for yourself, do what you have to to make it happen. Life is good once you shut them off. It's quite funny to see what gets some people unhinged or what they consider a crisis...
So, feelings of anger compelled you to change how you interact with other people?

Old 07-18-2017, 05:58 PM

1,348 posts, read 792,306 times
Quote:
I'm a millenial though, according to the interwebs a millenial is 78-95...

I was born in 87. So I'm a millenial... I guess...

I never fell for the PC BS in middle school onwards. Or the shady used car dealer tactics for college recruiters...

Hormones, I ignore them. Carnal urges that lead to an unexpected/unintended/unwanted kid not worth the risk. Neither are the plethora of diseases that run rampant.

I was just raised in an old school environment.
Clarification - I wasn't referring to hormones in a carnal sense. They exaggerate emotions overall -- pushing things like ego, greed and impulsiveness to some pretty bizarre levels. I don't really like their hyper-emotionalism either; it's majorly annoying but, I can't seen to reason with them.

What amplifies the emotions is that TPTB know how to tap it, intensely. Particularly, the Dem Party. See Saul Alinsky, an idol of both Obama and HRC. They've used his techniques to thoroughly radicalize that party and make their acolytes crazed!

Anyhow, good for your parents for giving you values and an outlook that will stand the test of time. I agree with many of your other writings on here.

Old 07-18-2017, 05:59 PM

Quote:
So, feelings of anger compelled you to change how you interact with other people?
Anger? Nah. I wasn't angry. Confused? Absolutely. Crushed. You betcha. Angry? Not in the slightest.

Old 07-18-2017, 06:03 PM

34,231 posts, read 18,579,444 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigma777 View Post
Millennials don't like capitalism because they think it breeds corruption (which it, of course, does).
Government isn't corrupt? LOL! At least you can measure the success of a private company.

Old 07-18-2017, 06:03 PM

3,251 posts, read 2,553,543 times
Quote:
Anger? Nah. I wasn't angry. Confused? Absolutely. Crushed. You betcha. Angry? Not in the slightest.
Robots don't get confused or crushed, they also do not have an interest in self preservation.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies