Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-19-2017, 03:29 PM

5,993 posts, read 3,733,362 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hound 109 View Post
This is a (federal) Government Forced Expense.

- The Government created a system that took away other options (for me).
- The government tells me I HAVE to have THIS type of Insurance or I'm breaking the law.

The only other (federal) government forced expense that I have are my income taxes. Can you imagine if the (federal) government told a family of 4 (making 100K) who's living in (say) New Jersey that their federal income tax (before deductions) is 20K. & that a family of 4 (making 100K) living in Ohio....that their federal tax (before deductions) is 26K. Because they live in Ohio. Do you have any idea of the anger that those who got r*ped currently have & will continue to have?

No other reason but the state they live in.....but the family in Ohio has $500 per month less in their family budget. Nothing that they did. No dumb decisions that they made. Their actual health is exactly the same. Hell they might have only had $400 per month of disposable income prior to Obamacare....so now they're under water.

& the democrats (that we see) on TV.....have p*ssy hats on and are fighting for transgender bathrooms & safe spaces. & then the media is shocked (shocked) that middle America told the democrats to stick it last November.

So all of the charts & percentages that smart people post on these boards & all the blaming of Governors who didn't do this or that.....or Senators who had their attachment on the ACA.....mean NOTHING.

A POS health insurance scheme cost families in middle America $500 per month and those who were affected feel like a thief stole this money from us in the middle of the night. Stick your charts where the sun don't shine. Don't talk to me about climate change or transgendered bathrooms. The Dems are doomed for at least a generation. (Similar to how they lost the South in the 80s)
Its not the Dems who are currently being seen as the ones who are trying to take away the healthcare coverage of millions of Americans. Come 2018 they will be seen as the ones who will save it. Trump promised a cheap replacement that would cover everybody. He hasn't and won't deliver on that promise. He got elected because people believed he was going to get that done. Now he's talking about just letting it fail, throwing millions off of their insurance. Now, tell me again who's going to be favored at the polls come 2018.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-19-2017, 04:08 PM

7,982 posts, read 4,286,858 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
And he's changed course yet again today, saying that Republicans can't leave DC until they repeal and replace the ACA. Is this man nuts? (Hint: Yes)
Someone probably reminded him he's president.

Old 07-19-2017, 06:29 PM

46,281 posts, read 27,093,964 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WordsRus View Post
Didn't read it all, didja?

"But Jost added that “there was very significant Republican participation early on on the Senate side. There were dozens of hours of debate, and Republicans like Sen. Chuck Grassley on the Senate Finance Committee were very engaged."

Also, this:

https://thinkprogress.org/paul-ryan-...e-89241dfc8768

Sorry. You lose. Again.

WOW, you evidently did not read the link I responded to, or you failed to comprehend the link you attempted to read......which is it?

Quote:
When the ACA was making its way through Congress, former President Barack Obama made a similar statement in September 2009. During a joint address to Congress, he said that his plan incorporated the ideas of both Republicans and Democrats. We rated that claim Mostly False, because many of the amendments Republicans introduced were technical in nature.
^^^^ can you comprehend what this states from the link I responded to?

Now, at first I said the repubs had nothing to do with this....after being provided a link, I also said (i agreed with a leftist, he can say he's not....but look at his posts), yes it appears the repubs did?

Pretty obvious you have a reading or a comprehension problem....

You lost long before you ever responded to my post....but it appears you're used to it.

Old 07-19-2017, 06:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale
And he's changed course yet again today, saying that Republicans can't leave DC until they repeal and replace the ACA. Is this man nuts? (Hint: Yes)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkpunk View Post
He flip flops like he should own IHOP, Pancake Cottage or Waffle House.

No, he evolves......it worked for obama...why not rump?

Oh, that's right obama has a "D" after his name...what does trump have?

Old 07-19-2017, 06:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahzzie View Post
Its not the Dems who are currently being seen as the ones who are trying to take away the healthcare coverage of millions of Americans. Come 2018 they will be seen as the ones who will save it. Trump promised a cheap replacement that would cover everybody. He hasn't and won't deliver on that promise. He got elected because people believed he was going to get that done. Now he's talking about just letting it fail, throwing millions off of their insurance. Now, tell me again who's going to be favored at the polls come 2018.

You do understand that obama also campaigned on covering all Americans....right?

BTW, the dems could be favored in 2018.....however, do you really think they will recover 1200+ governmental seats, they have lost since 2009? HAhahahahahahhhaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Old 07-19-2017, 07:03 PM

7,982 posts, read 4,286,858 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post

One in his mouth?

Old 07-19-2017, 07:07 PM

11,122 posts, read 5,589,229 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cali Doll View Post
I know a lot of Trump fans are not happy with Obamacare.

How does it make you feel when your president says, "We'll let Obamacare fail. We're not going to own it."

Letting it fail will leave you and others without insurance. This, after #45 said he had a great, wonderful healthcare plan to cover you and your loved ones.

How does this make you feel? I'm genuinely curious.

That is Trump, through and through. When he loses, he distances himself from all responsibility. But anything that could be spun into an apparent win, he is out front, claiming credit. In fact, as the ACA was proposed and debated by the Democrats, it would have been a very good healthcare program and might have been the starting-point for developing a single-payer system. But the Congressional Republicans sabotaged and crippled it and they are fully responsible for the shortcomings it has today.

Old 07-19-2017, 09:31 PM

26,680 posts, read 28,667,610 times
Quote:

lol... He's "evolving" every 24 hours on the most important issue facing Americans. Get real. Trump is either mentally unstable, or simply a terrible leader. I think he's both.

Old 07-20-2017, 12:14 AM

38,936 posts, read 23,894,142 times
Quote:

When did I ever make a post to defend Obama for evolving on the issues? Hint, I haven't because I don't like that. As another poster commented, Trump has a problem changing his stance like a girl changes clothes.

Old 07-20-2017, 12:26 AM

15,088 posts, read 13,450,610 times
Most leaders say, "the buck stops here."

Trump says, "I'm not going to own that."

How Presidential.

Trump - boldly leading the way from behind!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies