Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-19-2017, 03:27 AM

20,329 posts, read 19,918,958 times

Advertisements

What's with you righties?

Can't stand to see a true humanitarian fighter against racism and sexism get the accolades she deserves?

Women's March defends Assata Shakur as 'civil rights leader' after backlash - Washington Times
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-19-2017, 03:53 AM

17,441 posts, read 9,265,380 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by doc1 View Post

Can't stand to see a true humanitarian fighter against racism and sexism get the accolades she deserves?

Women's March defends Assata Shakur as 'civil rights leader' after backlash - Washington Times
Those goofy "righties" - Shakur is a proud Cop Killer who should be honored.
"Pigs in a Blanket".

Old 07-19-2017, 04:33 AM

56,988 posts, read 35,189,362 times
I'm all for Assata being extradited back to the United States...

But only after sending the Cuban government their fugitives from Cuban justice! And that must include Luis Posada Carriles.

If he dies before then, no dice. She stays.

Old 07-19-2017, 07:57 AM

39,222 posts, read 27,592,812 times
Quote:

What is the difference between her and the coward who said, "Kill ALL Muslims?"

What did Werner Foerster do to her? Why did he deserve to be shot twice in the head? execution style? please answer that.

Old 07-19-2017, 08:02 AM

8,452 posts, read 4,750,199 times
So unless you support a convicted killer who escaped prison you are a sexist and a racist? If this is a mainstream opinion, our national public debate is truly broken, perhaps beyond repair.

Old 07-19-2017, 08:08 AM

4,178 posts, read 2,647,756 times
I don't get why it's a conservative/right - wing thing.

She's leading a movement to promote sexism, violence, and racism, when she was found guilty of killing a dude.

That's like having OJ Simpson leading a movement against domestic violence.

Old 07-19-2017, 08:12 AM

2,274 posts, read 1,338,471 times
I find it interesting how race and political ideology changes how right wingers view people.

Shakur is black and left wing so she gets no support

Cliven Bundy is white and right wing, and he has many conservatives including some GOP elected officials that support him and his family even though they threatened to kill police officers on multiple occasions and had snipers perched on freeway overpasses armed with rifles pointed at federal LEO.

Old 07-19-2017, 08:13 AM

24,483 posts, read 17,220,223 times
Quote:

One could say what is with you Lefties?

I had no idea who assata is so I had to look her up and it seems that she killed a cop in 77, was tried, convicted then escaped to prison and fled to Cuba in 84.

Boy you Lefties can sure pick your heroes.

I am all for Civil Rights but you know something just rubs me the wrong way when people murder someone in the name of their supposed peaceful cause.

Killing someone in the name of a cause sounds more like terrorism then activism to me.

Old 07-19-2017, 08:16 AM

7,520 posts, read 2,807,784 times
She is a convicted cop killer who should be in a US jail for the remainder of her life. Not a poster child for human rights.

Old 07-19-2017, 08:18 AM

39,222 posts, read 27,592,812 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Cod Todd View Post
One could say what is with you Lefties?

I had no idea who assata is so I had to look her up and it seems that she killed a cop in 77, was tried, convicted then escaped to prison and fled to Cuba in 84.

Boy you Lefties can sure pick your heroes.

I am all for Civil Rights but you know something just rubs me the wrong way when people murder someone in the name of their supposed peaceful cause.

Killing someone in the name of a cause sounds more like terrorism then activism to me.
Yeah.

Nothing changed the fact she killed somebody who did absolutely NOTHING to her or anybody else.

He was innocent. She killed him because he wore an uniform, nothing more/less. He left behind a wife and a child (maybe two, I don't remember). All for what?!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies