Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-25-2017, 08:15 PM

10,920 posts, read 6,905,438 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corvette Ministries View Post
“Together we’re going to deliver real change that once again puts Americans first,” Trump said at an October rally in Florida. “That begins with immediately repealing and replacing the disaster known as Obamacare…You’re going to have such great health care, at a tiny fraction of the cost—and it’s going to be so easy.”

Great health care, cheap and easy? Pick NONE.

Promises, promises.
What a sad joke.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-25-2017, 09:06 PM

6,768 posts, read 5,481,691 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katarina Witt View Post
You think welfare work requirements will be easy to carry out and enforce?
"For every complex problem there is an answer that is clear, simple, and wrong." HL Mencken
Read more at: https://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/q...cke129796.html
It was under Clinton. Work requirements to get benefits was enforced. It was called the " welfare to work" program.

How do I know? At the time I was down with severe health issues, went through my entire savings and retirement and ended up homeless and living under a RR bridge. It took 5 tries before I got welfare. The work requirement was waived for me as I had an application in for SSDI.
Being homeless and then "cheaply home", I developed friendships with other welfare recipients, all of whom had to go to work to get their benefits.

They must turn in documents to show from their assigned "employer" that they actually went to and performed their work. It was like a pay stub. It was similar to the forms that courts required for work details.

This is in NY State, other states may have let the work requirement slide, I don't know.

But it certainly worked here.

Train welfare women to be CERTIFIED babysitters for lower income women and families.
Make the men assist the elderly with outdoor chores. Train both to tend to elderly. Any misstep in the care of elderly immediately benefits cease.
Homeless also put to work and off the Street.
End the "social blight" we are experiencing.

YES it CAN be done, it WAS BEFORE.

Old 07-25-2017, 09:11 PM

5,719 posts, read 6,445,137 times
Quote:
“Together we’re going to deliver real change that once again puts Americans first,” Trump said at an October rally in Florida. “That begins with immediately repealing and replacing the disaster known as Obamacare…You’re going to have such great health care, at a tiny fraction of the cost—and it’s going to be so easy.”

Promises, promises.
It is Paul Ryan and Mitch McConnell who have betrayed Trump.

Though I wonder if Trump planned this all along. Perhaps he knew that the congressional GOP would fail to deliver on this. Maybe he wants a Democratic congress. So now they can pass some reasonable reforms and he can take credit.

Trump is underestimated.

Old 07-25-2017, 09:26 PM

5,725 posts, read 2,190,327 times
Was starting to doubt Rand Paul but he came through today. Him and Trump discussed a "skinny repeal" which would lift the individual and employer mandate taxes along with the medical device tax. This would be huge in avoiding massive spending increases and insurance bailout funds (from our pocket to insurance companies).

For the first time in weeks I have a bit of hope they can lift the burden of Obamacare and the republicans can deliver on their promise. Mitch McConnell is also working hard and deserves a lot of credit for the vote today

Old 07-25-2017, 09:36 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,596,242 times
Quote:

Promises, promises.

Healthcare insurance is a pyramid scheme and considered gambling.
Eliminate healthcare insurance all together and you pay your local hospital a retainer monthly, and they are in a healthcare network... So if you are in another city, town, state, you are covered there by reimbursements.

Old 07-25-2017, 09:42 PM

29,212 posts, read 22,344,773 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
Where is that easy, everybody-is-covered plan anyway?
Only in Trump's head.

Old 07-26-2017, 01:27 PM

46,943 posts, read 25,964,420 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
Healthcare insurance is a pyramid scheme and considered gambling.
Eliminate healthcare insurance all together and you pay your local hospital a retainer monthly...
See, this is what happens. People try to have a serious discussion and then this sort of thing pops up.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies