Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-19-2017, 10:08 AM

2,681 posts, read 2,168,015 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post
And I'm reading other articles like this one, which don't appear to be satire.

https://medusamagazine.com/why-racia...ces-are-racist

Article says: "If you have to start a sentence with a clarification that you’re not racist, that’s a pretty good indicator that you need to reevaluate whatever you’re about to say aand your (sic - editor?) probably wrong."

So, if you say you're not racist, you are racist, and if you say you are racist, well then obviously you are racist too? Satire is supposed to be funny, not merely absurd.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-19-2017, 10:10 AM

19,428 posts, read 12,079,357 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
In college, a lesbian told me "..everybody was sexually fluid, so you should try new things" (meaning, do it with her)

She has her opinions and i know what I like. I think it should be the end of the story. Lucky for me, she didn't say I was a bigot although she didn't agree with me when I said, "I just don't find women attractive." lol
She was doing what guys have been doing to women forever, trying to talk you into it.

I had a guy tell me I should experiment with girls - lol, I think he was just fantasizing about me and another woman. I'm sure it is worse these days, with the idea being planted that everyone is fluid... I have known people to buy into that later in life, and I think it is a sham and makes people confused and less likely to commit to one person.

Old 07-19-2017, 10:11 AM

29,040 posts, read 14,379,621 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sonnymarkjiz View Post
I honestly don't care, but I'm just trying to figure out what got this cat so triggered over virtually nothing.

Anyway, I've moving on from fragile and jams.
Understood.

Old 07-19-2017, 10:11 AM

6,160 posts, read 5,665,243 times
Quote:
https://medusamagazine.com/youre-a-b...h-a-gay-friend

Really can't even make this stuff up anymore.

What is happening to our society?
Idiots have always existed, you just hear more about them now because they have access to the internet.

Old 07-19-2017, 10:15 AM

6,389 posts, read 4,090,895 times
The OP really fell for a satire piece thinking it's for real?

Old 07-19-2017, 10:16 AM

18,986 posts, read 9,016,840 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dbones View Post
It's not. They are dead serious.
Look out! The gays are going to force you into gay sex! That's the Conservative argument against gay marriage, isn't it? They're going to destroy straight marriage by forcing their gayness on everyone!

Better go hide under your bed. Those scary gays are everywhere!

Hilarious.

Old 07-19-2017, 10:16 AM

9,338 posts, read 7,080,489 times
Quote:
https://medusamagazine.com/youre-a-b...h-a-gay-friend

Really can't even make this stuff up anymore.

What is happening to our society?

What in the world?!

1. The fact that you think the article is real is mind-boggling.

2. The fact that you take an article from some obscure "Medusa Magazine" that most of us have probably never heard of, and make a blanket statement like "What is happening to our society" as if the talking points in the article are mainstream.

Old 07-19-2017, 10:17 AM

4,178 posts, read 2,633,754 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dbones View Post
It's not. They are dead serious.
When WaPo posts stuff like this...

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...=.0de9088e9b30

it's beginning to be difficult to tell the satire from reality these days lol.

Old 07-19-2017, 10:22 AM

19,428 posts, read 12,079,357 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
Look out! The gays are going to force you into gay sex! That's the Conservative argument against gay marriage, isn't it? They're going to destroy straight marriage by forcing their gayness on everyone!

Better go hide under your bed. Those scary gays are everywhere!

Hilarious.
"They" are not trying to turn people gay, they are trying to convince people everyone is bi/fluid, or whatever. Of course that is insulting to homosexuals as well as heterosexuals. Soon enough gay people will be as uncool as straight people.

Old 07-19-2017, 10:24 AM

4,178 posts, read 2,633,754 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skins_fan82 View Post
What in the world?!

1. The fact that you think the article is real is mind-boggling.

2. The fact that you take an article from some obscure "Medusa Magazine" that most of us have probably never heard of, and make a blanket statement like "What is happening to our society" as if the talking points in the article are mainstream.

Gender reveal celebrations for babies help explain transphobia.

What's Wrong with Gender-Reveal Parties - Celebrating a Baby's Biological Sex Reinforces Negative Notions of Male and Female

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...=.0de9088e9b30

http://everydayfeminism.com/2017/04/...er-date-trans/

https://www.theodysseyonline.com/no-...ore-dating-you

With articles like these from legit sites, it wouldn't be much of a shock if this was real. And maybe this site is satire. But the idea isn't very far-fetched these days.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies