Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-19-2017, 10:47 PM

20,757 posts, read 8,579,752 times

Advertisements

Their job is to disillusion Trump supporters by pretending to be one of them. Here is just one page of a script they were using a few months ago to give you an idea. There have been others. They get paid pennies per post. Often use bots which are one line comments very general often with little relevance to the thread or news story.

I am reading the excellent book by real journalist Sharyl Attkisson, “The Smear: How Shady Political Operatives and Fake News Control What You See, What You Think and How You Vote” which is how I learned about David Brock, a Democrat operative paid to disseminate propaganda. He used to work for the Republicans doing the same thing. Evidently he is loyal to whoever pays him and Dems pay him a lot. That is why his shell companies can afford to pay thousands of trolls, many who post here as well as other forums and comments sections on news sites, to spout anti Trump and anti conservative propaganda. Did you know these propaganda tactics and smear techniques were perfected by the Nazis? Funny how the Loony Left always calls anyone pro-Trump a Nazi, huh? If there is one thing I learned in the past year it’s that whatever Dems accuse someone of doing, it’s because they are doing it. Deflection!

Here is a list of Brock’s companies. The same donors spread their money around to several of them instead of plopping one big one with one company. Looks less suspicious:

Media Matters
Media Matter Action Network
DropFox
Progressive Media USA
Common Purpose Project
Message Matters
Progressive Accountability.org
Political Correction Project
Equality Matters
Citizens for Responsibility & Ethics in Washington
American Democracy Legal Fund
The Franklin Education Forum
The Franklin Forum PAC
The Franklin Forum
Franklin Strategies LLC
American Bridge 21st Century Super PAC
Bridge Project
American Bridge 21st Century Foundation
Conservative Transparency.org
American Priorities Joint Fundraising Committee
Correct the Record
Correct the Record Super PAC
Barrier Breakers Project
Progressive Talent Initiative
Board Member of Priorities USA Super PAC
True Blue Media LLC
BlueNationReview.com
Shareblue.com
Polling and Predictive Model

Last I heard Brock was being investigated by the IRS for owing at least a million dollars in back taxes.

Old 07-19-2017, 11:04 PM

3,346 posts, read 1,268,913 times
David Brock's book Blinded by the Right is what partially convinced me to change political allegiance back in the day. Media Matters is a great resource exposing all the lies in the right wing media, they have a bunch of people watching Fox Noise so you don't have to. Great organization.

Thanks for the list, I'll check them out too

Old 07-19-2017, 11:13 PM

15,088 posts, read 13,450,610 times
Yes, I am definitely paid big money to waste my time on here.

Old 07-19-2017, 11:15 PM

36,853 posts, read 17,363,818 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ambient View Post
You hate Trump. You must be getting paid!

See how that works?

This is why I hate everybody. Make more money that way.

Old 07-19-2017, 11:57 PM

11,122 posts, read 5,590,841 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eli34 View Post
David Brock's book Blinded by the Right is what partially convinced me to change political allegiance back in the day. Media Matters is a great resource exposing all the lies in the right wing media, they have a bunch of people watching Fox Noise so you don't have to. Great organization.

Thanks for the list, I'll check them out too

Are the first and second posters on this thread talking about the same thing? One says Brock is serving the left and complaining and the other says he agrees, but that it's all good.

It would seem pointless to pay anyone to post anti-conservative messages, as there's more than 200 million people in this country, who strongly feel that way and would contribute for free.

Old 07-20-2017, 12:01 AM

23,856 posts, read 13,749,968 times
Boy am I ever missing out on the gravy train.

Old 07-20-2017, 07:34 AM

13,898 posts, read 6,445,026 times
Yes, many are. It's completely obvious when two different posters post almost the exact same thing verbatim. They have an answer file so to speak. Talking points and such that they are instructed to use for various topics. It's how the lies and propaganda start to take hold.

Old 07-20-2017, 07:36 AM

15,706 posts, read 11,774,139 times
Well we did just find out TV Trump surrogates are being paid by his campaign money to defend him on TV.

Old 07-20-2017, 07:37 AM

22,923 posts, read 15,489,598 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dbones View Post
Yes, many are. It's completely obvious when two different posters post almost the exact same thing verbatim. They have an answer file so to speak. Talking points and such that they are instructed to use for various topics. It's how the lies and propaganda start to take hold.
It's precisely how Trump got elected.

Old 07-20-2017, 07:38 AM

17,005 posts, read 12,592,213 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ambient View Post
Who do I apply to? I could use the money right now.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies