Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-20-2017, 08:33 AM

28,164 posts, read 25,302,323 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atalanta View Post
I disagree.

I do not think that there is a huge problem with police in this country.

I think our society in many areas has gotten cruel.
People seem so angry.
More people on street drugs or prescription drugs which brings more crime and alters them mentally.
Just in general some seem to be flipping out.

Officers have to deal with that day in and day out.
I know I could not do that job.

Police are dealing with huge dysfunctions in society.
Yes, some mess up, but a whole hell lot more of people mess up.

If you want to see a huge problem with police in a country, Travel to some other countries such as Pakistan, Afghanistan, Russia, Somalia, Sudan.

Please do not put our fine Police Officers in that category!
I respectfully disagree with your assessment.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-20-2017, 08:36 AM

2,274 posts, read 1,338,710 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kibby View Post
I won't argue the "nonsense" or whether people should/should not be fired -- BUT, the 3 examples you list are all based on Religious Beliefs - which are actually protected somewhat in the USA.

Refresh my memory on EXACTLY what Religion preaches that Law Enforcement should not be served food they have PAID for. Please.
If the cop was gay would you be OK with not serving them for religious reasons?

Old 07-20-2017, 08:42 AM

4,139 posts, read 4,528,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainrose View Post
This is the consequence of democrats and their bigotry, lawlessness, and hatefest ideology.
I hope this guy gets fired.

'I ain't serving no police': Virginia McDonald's employee refuses to serve uniformed police officer | Fox News
And how did you come to the belief that democrats do not support our police? Life long democrat here and have the utmost respect for law enforcement. The McDonald's employee (if true) should be fired. And you, my friend might want to consider making blanket generalizations about democrats.

Old 07-20-2017, 08:44 AM

6,806 posts, read 4,473,825 times
That is how black people were treated in the past. It wasn't right back then, and it isn't right now. How the heck does anyone support this discriminatory, sick behavior?

Do your job or get fired!
Treat all customers with respect or get fired.
I'd fire any manager who didn't immediately suspend or fire an employee who did that.

Old 07-20-2017, 08:48 AM

28,164 posts, read 25,302,323 times
Quote:
I won't argue the "nonsense" or whether people should/should not be fired -- BUT, the 3 examples you list are all based on Religious Beliefs - which are actually protected somewhat in the USA.

Refresh my memory on EXACTLY what Religion preaches that Law Enforcement should not be served food they have PAID for. Please.
Whether its religious or not, I don't care. Your religion shouldn't give you the right to discriminate against others in a public accommodation like a store or bakery or restaurant or pharmacy. Many Christians feel women shouldn't work. Is it okay for Christians to not hire women because of their religious belief?

Old 07-20-2017, 08:49 AM

9,727 posts, read 9,728,101 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by T0103E View Post
I think IRS employees should wear a uniform in public too...

I had a friend who worked for the IRS. She could whip out her ID at a bar and when people saw "Department of the Treasury" , they got polite very quickly.

Old 07-20-2017, 08:51 AM

12,566 posts, read 10,616,175 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skins_fan82 View Post
Ah yes, find an article about ONE single person....a rude McDonalds worker, and make a blanket statement like "this is the consequence of democrats and their bigotry, lawlessness, and hateful ideology."

Take a random story about ONE person and apply their actions to the entire democratic party. That's the republican way.
Ha, I see what you did there.

Old 07-20-2017, 08:51 AM

3,440 posts, read 2,526,933 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainrose View Post
This is the consequence of democrats and their bigotry, lawlessness, and hatefest ideology.
I hope this guy gets fired.

'I ain't serving no police': Virginia McDonald's employee refuses to serve uniformed police officer | Fox News
So, where in this story does it have anything to do with partisan politics? This is nothing but what it appears to be, an employee with an attitude, and that attitude cost him his job. Period, end of story. The "fake news" is that it is somehow connected to a political agenda. By your maxim, you can pull any headline out of your ass and twist it into a divisive political statement.

Old 07-20-2017, 08:59 AM

18,158 posts, read 15,626,323 times
Quote:
It's always the restaurant that gets the bad publicity for this stuff - which is too bad.

Scott Naff, an officer for the Virginia Department of Game and Inland Fisheries (not a regular street cop) was in his official vehicle and ordered through the drive thru lane - paid for his food at the 1st window and pulled up to the second window to get his order. That's commonly how it's done at McD's. He was then refused the food he had already PAID for, because of his uniform/vehicle.

These type incidents are happening more and more and I don't believe for one minute it is the owners or management of these companies at fault. It's hard to even find employees for low wage jobs these days. This is about rude, self-entitled, nasty attitude, young employees who have been sold this anti-police culture through their music, left-wing media, bad parenting and social circles. The only thing I blame management for is their apparent failure to tell employees their expectations right up front on day one. "Deny service or be nasty to a customer because of your personal views and you will be fired immediately!"
Yea. He's a fish and game officer. Totally different from a sheriff deputy or city cop. Regardless the employeesemployees conduct was inexcusable and he should have been sent packing. As critical as I can be regarding LE this sort of behavior is just flat wrong. Truthfully, FG officers are about the best I've ever interacted with on any level. Totally different mindset from other branches of LE.

These officers are educated and trained in a completely different way. Getting accepted to their ranks is a serious accomplishment. Usually involving a degree in wildlife biology, range management, oh my, all manner of stuff. They aren't just street soldiers. Their job is actually more dangerous than any other branch of LE. Most everyone they interact with is armed for one. They also work alone in very remote areas where these armed people are. Poachers are a seriously dangerous bunch, and they are gunned up heavy and willing to shoot anyone, including wardens, without hesitation. They work in numbers and are generally pretty adept at ambush tactics, lay out booby traps, they are a nasty bunch.

Game officers are in a dangerous profession and often don't even have the level of equipment and manpower available to average street cops. Backup is often a LONG ways off and armored vehicles and heavily armed tactical teams are not on tap. I have no issue with game cops packing heavy at all. They have far more reason to than regular LE.
Illegal trade in wildlife parts is nigh as big as drugs and the people involved just as if not more unsavory and dangerous. Dept of Wildlife officers are one branch of LE that I personally have the utmost respect and admiration for. I believe they get the short end with funding and recognition. Interestingly, this is one LE branch I still see officers carrying revolvers as sidearm as opposed to high cap Wondernines. There's a reason for that but I won't go into it. Yea, this employee really showcased his ignorance. "Ain't servin' no cops" aye? Seriously? I guess going viral on YouTube was more important to him than his job. Well he got his time in the spotlight. Getting hot under there yet?

Last edited by NVplumber; 07-20-2017 at 09:15 AM..

Old 07-20-2017, 09:00 AM

12,039 posts, read 6,568,955 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skins_fan82 View Post
Ah yes, find an article about ONE single person....a rude McDonalds worker, and make a blanket statement like "this is the consequence of democrats and their bigotry, lawlessness, and hateful ideology."

Take a random story about ONE person and apply their actions to the entire democratic party. That's the republican way.
LOL
Yeah, if it was only ONE democrat acting out such bigotry, hate, and violence I wouldn't have posted.
This is a 24/7 occurance now from democrats. Take your head out of the sand.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies