Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-20-2017, 08:54 AM

63,919 posts, read 46,731,596 times

Advertisements

At least two known prior instances where Trump's sons allegedly bragged about Russian financing, well before Trump ran for office.

https://thinkprogress.org/eric-trump...s-e6f3e525f10e

A substantial number of high-end units in some Trump properties are owned by shell companies fronting for notorious owners. In the past, this has included Baby Doc/Haiti and Imelda Marcos.

It is unlikely any of them occupied their units, full time.

There are endless ways to launder money. Real estate is one of them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-20-2017, 08:54 AM

9,338 posts, read 7,109,569 times
The fact that Donald is whining like a little snow flake about Mueller possibly getting into his finances only makes Trump look worse. If you TRULY have nothing to hide, then why do you care if an investigator goes through your finances?

Poor Trump is such a dummy, he doesn't realize that him speaking on this only makes it look worse for him. Dumb Trump.

Old 07-20-2017, 08:55 AM

16,376 posts, read 22,483,864 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
Here's an interesting quote from that article. I bet Trump is fuming. I don't think the GOP congress would do anything if Trump fires Mueller. They kowtow to Trump just the same as Trump kowtows to Putin. This is why the GOP is starting to be known as "The Party of Putin".

Mueller’s team has issued subpoenas to banks and filed requests for bank records to foreign lenders under mutual legal assistance treaties

Old 07-20-2017, 09:11 AM

63,919 posts, read 46,731,596 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elliott_CA View Post
https://twitter.com/thehill/status/888026223837949952

This was probably triggered by

Deutsche Bank Is Turning Over Information on Trump.

"Regulators are scrutinizing hundreds of millions in loans and a subpoena from Robert Mueller is expected."

Trump wants to separate Russian interference from his bank accounts. In the end I think there's a good chance we will see that the two are in fact closely related.
Deutsche Bank has been fined up the wazoo for violating some Dodd- Frank rules. Deutsche Bank is one of the largest known creditors of Trump Org. Trump opposes Dodd-Frank and wants to reduce bank regulation.

Should this happen, the public will never know if Trump Org will receive favorable treatment when it comes to renegotiating loans or new loans.

Trump entered office with unprecedented conflicts of interest. Putting his business interests into a trust where he is the sole beneficiary was pointless. He claimed he was being audited which is why he could not release his returns during the campaign. Not all of his historical returns are " in audit". He promised to release his tax returns and then once elected, chose to not to do so.

In contrast, Jeb Bush and Hillary released more than three decades of tax returns. The tax returns and Form 990 of the Clinton Foundation have been public information, all along. She disclosed the conflicts during her confirmation hearings. All but one Senator voted to confirm her appointment. Why is this? It was not an issue until it became clear she was running for election. She/her people were idiots to ignore that soliciting donations while SoS was not going to haunt her.

The 1040 and corporate equivalents are meaningless documents without the attachments. The devil is in the detail and assumes the filing was rock solid. It may or may not include off book transactions.

I don't know if Russia tried to influence the election. I don't know if anyone changed their vote because of Russian influence. I do not have access to the same information the investigation has.

I want to know more about the potential conflicts of interest that exist, unrelated to the election and certainly not limited to " the Russians".

Last edited by middle-aged mom; 07-20-2017 at 09:24 AM..

Old 07-20-2017, 09:11 AM

19,750 posts, read 22,661,296 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sware2cod View Post
Here's an interesting quote from that article. I bet Trump is fuming. I don't think the GOP congress would do anything if Trump fires Mueller. They kowtow to Trump just the same as Trump kowtows to Putin. This is why the GOP is starting to be known as "The Party of Putin".

Mueller’s team has issued subpoenas to banks and filed requests for bank records to foreign lenders under mutual legal assistance treaties

I wouldn't be so sure. The more Trump threatens sitting Senators, especially given the circumstances and his basement dwelling approval numbers, those scorned may be very willing to act.

I don't think the President has a lot of political capital left in his tank. That well is drying up.

Old 07-20-2017, 09:31 AM

51,651 posts, read 25,813,568 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hesychios View Post
Mueller's work should be sacrosanct.

If Trump tries to fire him it will be the last straw.
If Trump fires Mueller, Congress could appoint him as Congressional Special Counsel.

If they refuse to do that, I suspect people will take to the streets. It will be a terrible time. No doubt about that.

Old 07-20-2017, 09:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elliott_CA View Post
https://twitter.com/thehill/status/888026223837949952

This was probably triggered by

Deutsche Bank Is Turning Over Information on Trump.

"Regulators are scrutinizing hundreds of millions in loans and a subpoena from Robert Mueller is expected."

Trump wants to separate Russian interference from his bank accounts. In the end I think there's a good chance we will see that the two are in fact closely related.
Can't find the article now, but recently read where it is not just Deutsch Bank backing Trump's endeavors, but there is a bank division that handles investments from others and it directs money to Trump as well.

Has anyone seen that and can post the link?

Old 07-20-2017, 09:39 AM

5,792 posts, read 5,106,539 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingtodd View Post
I read this as well. Bad news for Donny. He has no good options left. All Mueller needs to do is trace the money and see where it leads. Sane America already knows where it leads, but lets get it out there for ALL to see.
And let's use very simple short phrases and one or two syllable words so that the low information and uneducated peons in the Trump base can also learn the truth about their dear orange leader.

Old 07-20-2017, 09:39 AM

8,079 posts, read 10,077,804 times
Two thoughts......the assistant attorney general would have to fire Mueller, and it would have to be approved by Congress, and it can't be done for some silly reason. Congress needs to see a bona fide, serious reason (like Mueller violated some serious privacy law or something similar).

Second thought, will Mueller pull Trumps Tax Returns (sorry to bring that up again, but what better financial record is there as a place to start and see who he admits to doing business with) and bring them one step closer to public scrutiny.

Mind you, all of this will take years.

Old 07-20-2017, 09:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ted Bear View Post
Two thoughts......the assistant attorney general would have to fire Mueller, and it would have to be approved by Congress, and it can't be done for some silly reason. Congress needs to see a bona fide, serious reason (like Mueller violated some serious privacy law or something similar).

Second thought, will Mueller pull Trumps Tax Returns (sorry to bring that up again, but what better financial record is there as a place to start and see who he admits to doing business with) and bring them one step closer to public scrutiny.

Mind you, all of this will take years.
I don't believe Congress would have to approve. My understanding was that he was appointed by DOJ and could be fired by same.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies