Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-20-2017, 01:41 PM

18,983 posts, read 9,073,833 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotty011 View Post
So! At what age should you be eliminated if you should live long enough???
Yes, let's build that strawman and then knock it down. I bet that felt good, huh?

No one is calling for "elimination" of anybody. Nye is simply pointing out that seniors on the whole believe less in global warming than milennials. Which is true. Facts suck, huh?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-20-2017, 01:42 PM

26,979 posts, read 15,886,908 times
The fact is the population is aging. There will be more and more people who have no vested interest in 20 years from now.

Old 07-20-2017, 01:46 PM

12,716 posts, read 7,811,145 times
People are taking what he said out of context.

He's right. The older, heavily fundamentalist Christian generation that denies science is going to have to pass on before we see any real progress on this issue. As long as the likes of Jerry Falwell Sr and Pat Robertson (and people who think like them) are running the country, we won't see climate progress.

Old 07-20-2017, 01:52 PM

30,253 posts, read 23,737,137 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BruSan View Post
Aaah dang!

On this one I'm going to have to indicate some agreement. While I tend to find the youth of today almost disinterested in anything of import while fully engaged with the latest I-phone offering; on this topic that is probably a good thing.

The younger set are by comparison on the topic of the environment a blank page, an unwritten book, an empty vessel so to speak.

Better left to them the results of having created over 600 billion tonnes of plastic products of which more than half of that and probably twice that amount more to come, going to satisfying their unparalleled lust for throw-aways.

Here's to ya and my best wishes for your turn at the helm.
Makes them so much easier to indoctrinate when they don't have their own thoughts, doesn't it?

Problem with your little theory is that many young do not ascribe to liberal ideals and agendas. You all think that they do, but they don't. Keep thinking that the Republican party is just old people. The arrogance of the left has already embarrassed them and caused them great losses more than once...I'd delight in seeing more.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

First it was cooling, then it was the o-zone, then it was global warming, then it was climate change.

Climate change happens. It's a naturally occurring cycle. The earth warms up, the earth cools down. Lather, rinse, repeat. It's been doing that since well before any human being ever stepped foot one down on to soil. It's not that climate change doesn't exist, it's that it's not happening because someone drove an SUV down the freeway. And it's not happening because some guilt ridden pretentious tw*t bought a Prius and will pollute the earth with that battery later on down the road.

Stating that climate change is "man made" is done only to rip you off. Don't you all get tired of being ripped off by those who have a stack ton of wealth and never practice what they preach? You don't mind when Leonardo diCaprio preaches to you like you're a child? Or Al Gore?

I live in the state of CA...the liberal hell hole of the universe. For all of the preaching and whining and carrying on about "man made climate change", I don't see any of these hypocrites changing their lifestyles at all. They like to tell everyone else to do that, but do not ask them to inconvenience themselves.

You all need to be more worried about running out of resources to keep your comfy little lives than naturally occurring climate change that you have ZERO control over.

They allow illegals in who use up all of the resources that this state cannot replenish fast enough to keep up with the overpopulation and demand.

There's still an unbelievable amount of traffic on the roads, north and south...that's not all Republicans.

I've never lived in a dirtier state. I'm not kidding or embellishing. I have never lived in a filthier state than CA. There's trash everywhere. Yes, there's trash alongside the roads all over the US, but I've never seen so. much. fricken. garbage. everywhere like I do in CA.

When there's a shortage of water, who gets their water pumped down to them from the north because they have the money to pay for the extra water to water their lawns...while the rest of CA preaches about the water shortage and how everyone should forgo flushing toilets and bathing. I want to clean all of the filth off of my car from the dirty air in this state and I'm a "water waster", but Tom Selleck wants to water his lawn? Ship that water down to him from the farmlands area...money talks...hypocrisy does, too.

Liberals have been telling us there are no death panels. But they keep talking like this. This is how the left does things. They start off with very subtle statements. They get people used to those ideas. Then they go up a step. Get people used to those ideas. On and on until finally, one day, they make an outrageous statement and half the country says, "Yeah, that's a good idea" and the other half says, "WTF?! How the hell did this happen?"

Liberals told us for the longest time that we were selfish to have kids. It was selfish to have a family. We were overpopulated on this planet, we didn't need any more kids. They said that for years. Some of them are still saying it.

Now what do we hear? We "need" immigrants and refugees because we don't have enough birth rate to keep the population going.

If a liberal says it, you can bet that there's an agenda there...you'll find out years later. If you bring it up early on, they tell you that you don't know what you're talking about, no one has said any such thing, there's no such thing, blah blah blah.

Think about every single thing right now that is a very liberal agenda that has made it in to mainstream that 20 years ago, 30 years ago would never have happened, and back then, "it was only a few nut jobs who said 'xyz', now they're all saying it".

Yeah. That's how they do it.

Bill Nye is a has been. I used to be a huge fan of his when I was a kid. Too bad he went insane in his old age. He should lead by example.

Old 07-20-2017, 02:00 PM

7,185 posts, read 3,700,375 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ambient View Post
Well, fortunately this is just what the Republican healthcare plans are designed to achieve, and then some. Republicans are environmentalists after all!
Can't decide - is that a joke or 'alternative facts'?

Old 07-20-2017, 02:09 PM

10,190 posts, read 7,953,123 times
[quote=JAMS14;48904980]Yes, let's build that strawman and then knock it down. I bet that felt good, huh?

No one is calling for "elimination" of anybody. Nye is simply pointing out that seniors on the whole believe less in global warming than milennials. Which is true. Facts suck, huh?[/QUOTE]

Not as much as some!

Old 07-20-2017, 04:27 PM

17,273 posts, read 9,558,442 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
Makes them so much easier to indoctrinate when they don't have their own thoughts, doesn't it?

Problem with your little theory is that many young do not ascribe to liberal ideals and agendas. You all think that they do, but they don't. Keep thinking that the Republican party is just old people. The arrogance of the left has already embarrassed them and caused them great losses more than once...I'd delight in seeing more.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

First it was cooling, then it was the o-zone, then it was global warming, then it was climate change.

Climate change happens. It's a naturally occurring cycle. The earth warms up, the earth cools down. Lather, rinse, repeat. It's been doing that since well before any human being ever stepped foot one down on to soil. It's not that climate change doesn't exist, it's that it's not happening because someone drove an SUV down the freeway. And it's not happening because some guilt ridden pretentious tw*t bought a Prius and will pollute the earth with that battery later on down the road.

Stating that climate change is "man made" is done only to rip you off. Don't you all get tired of being ripped off by those who have a stack ton of wealth and never practice what they preach? You don't mind when Leonardo diCaprio preaches to you like you're a child? Or Al Gore?

I live in the state of CA...the liberal hell hole of the universe. For all of the preaching and whining and carrying on about "man made climate change", I don't see any of these hypocrites changing their lifestyles at all. They like to tell everyone else to do that, but do not ask them to inconvenience themselves.

You all need to be more worried about running out of resources to keep your comfy little lives than naturally occurring climate change that you have ZERO control over.

They allow illegals in who use up all of the resources that this state cannot replenish fast enough to keep up with the overpopulation and demand.

There's still an unbelievable amount of traffic on the roads, north and south...that's not all Republicans.

I've never lived in a dirtier state. I'm not kidding or embellishing. I have never lived in a filthier state than CA. There's trash everywhere. Yes, there's trash alongside the roads all over the US, but I've never seen so. much. fricken. garbage. everywhere like I do in CA.

When there's a shortage of water, who gets their water pumped down to them from the north because they have the money to pay for the extra water to water their lawns...while the rest of CA preaches about the water shortage and how everyone should forgo flushing toilets and bathing. I want to clean all of the filth off of my car from the dirty air in this state and I'm a "water waster", but Tom Selleck wants to water his lawn? Ship that water down to him from the farmlands area...money talks...hypocrisy does, too.

Liberals have been telling us there are no death panels. But they keep talking like this. This is how the left does things. They start off with very subtle statements. They get people used to those ideas. Then they go up a step. Get people used to those ideas. On and on until finally, one day, they make an outrageous statement and half the country says, "Yeah, that's a good idea" and the other half says, "WTF?! How the hell did this happen?"

Liberals told us for the longest time that we were selfish to have kids. It was selfish to have a family. We were overpopulated on this planet, we didn't need any more kids. They said that for years. Some of them are still saying it.

Now what do we hear? We "need" immigrants and refugees because we don't have enough birth rate to keep the population going.

If a liberal says it, you can bet that there's an agenda there...you'll find out years later. If you bring it up early on, they tell you that you don't know what you're talking about, no one has said any such thing, there's no such thing, blah blah blah.

Think about every single thing right now that is a very liberal agenda that has made it in to mainstream that 20 years ago, 30 years ago would never have happened, and back then, "it was only a few nut jobs who said 'xyz', now they're all saying it".

Yeah. That's how they do it.

Bill Nye is a has been. I used to be a huge fan of his when I was a kid. Too bad he went insane in his old age. He should lead by example.
Actually, if you'd been paying attention, no one has said climate change is man made.

A basic Environmental Science 101 class should be required by everyone.

Old 07-20-2017, 05:53 PM

18,561 posts, read 7,372,997 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whogo View Post
The fact is the population is aging. There will be more and more people who have no vested interest in 20 years from now.
Everyone has a vested interest. Virtually all of our genetic structures will carry on after our personal deaths.

Old 07-20-2017, 05:55 PM

18,561 posts, read 7,372,997 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bawac34618 View Post
People are taking what he said out of context.

He's right. The older, heavily fundamentalist Christian generation that denies science . . . .
No such generation exists. That is a really crazed fantasy you have.

Old 07-20-2017, 06:17 PM

11,122 posts, read 5,589,229 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ambient View Post
Well, fortunately this is just what the Republican healthcare plans are designed to achieve, and then some. Republicans are environmentalists after all!
Yes, republicans work in mysterious ways. Who would have suspected that they were thinking of the greater good, by setting up rapid-transit systems to the afterlife, for seniors?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies