Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-20-2017, 11:24 AM

5,252 posts, read 4,674,563 times

Advertisements

Well, we waded through Donny's crap-storm of birther blather for years, so, I'm gonna guess we will get through this partisan piece of crap also. This is all theater, simply put. The media and the overlords of American consciousness, have us all played as soap opera fools who enjoy the show and then go back to "real life." I know people who follow this kind of BS just to have something to say about politics, and that's sad, to think that we really do prefer theatrics to any semblance of American realpolitik says a ton about the fact of a shameless bozo sitting in our White House.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-20-2017, 12:29 PM

34,619 posts, read 21,607,699 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
I do agree with this.

Just let the freak'n investigation play out. If nothing comes of it - it is what it is and let's move on.

BUT....Trump has to stop feeding the beasts too. His constant tweeting, random comments and thoughts on the Russia issue aren't helping the cause at all. He doesn't understand the law -- he doesn't understand govt. process, he doesn't understand the complexities......he should just shut up, let them do the investigation and if there is nothing move on.
I agree that Trump is very proficient at exasperating the situation.

I've said many times that he is thin skinned and egotistical. This has always been a concern for me.

If he were more "presidential", he would have an easier time, IMHO.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
Yes it is does - and you know it. You are a rabid Trumpster. This whole Pedro Martinez name thing - you are probably white just like Trump - with orange hair.

Good post in the OP - it's just a reasoned adult way to handle the issue.

I've gotten to the point where if I don't hear it from the investigators, I just ignore it.
LOL.

Old 07-20-2017, 12:32 PM

57,264 posts, read 26,192,233 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by floridanative10 View Post
That appears to be pretty much Trumps focus also.

Old 07-20-2017, 12:35 PM

57,264 posts, read 26,192,233 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
I agree that Trump is very proficient at exasperating the situation.

I've said many times that he is thin skinned and egotistical. This has always been a concern for me.

If he were more "presidential", he would have an easier time, IMHO.

LOL.

I think you meant exacerbating sounds like a Freudian slip, actually either will work

Old 07-20-2017, 12:36 PM

9,837 posts, read 4,634,749 times
Quote:
What doesn't fly?

Is there some actual evidence that Trump committed a crime?

If so, could you post it?
what has that got to do with the poll. or are you afraid to admit that the poll in no way suggest people don't care, it instead merely attempts to ask what they care about the MOST.

in my case i care about a lot of things Russia and Trump collusion is important but not the top. that is not to say it does not matter, because it does and with time and hard work it will be figured out in full.

Old 07-20-2017, 12:37 PM

3,637 posts, read 1,697,779 times
Quote:
Since the day Trump won the election, there has been this hysterical cry for Trump to be removed from office for one thing after another. It's constant background noise that is based on mostly innuendo and anonymous sources.

In the story of the boy who cried wolf, there was an actual wolf. The problem was that the boy kept screaming about the wolf for another reason, attention.

For all I know, there might be a "wolf" in Trump. He may have been involved in illegal activity or collusion; however, since the left has been screaming about it non-stop, not based on evidence but on partisanship, people may just begin to tune it out and the wolf may get away.

The smart move is to wait to see if the investigations bare fruit.

If it turns out there is more than innuendo, press wet dreams and anonymous sources, let's deal with it. All this other noise will do is get the public burned out and disinterested.

Just because I like to interject on the fact that nothing of substance has come out each time another "Trump is done" thread is started every other day doesn't mean that I believe Trump is as pure as the driven snow, it only means that I have yet to see anything of substance.

The point is that by crying wolf, Trump, non-stop, you're only doing a disservice to justice if Trump is guilty of something. People will get sick of hearing about it, and most of the public will just assume everything is just partisan political hype.

Pedro, how is that any different from Trump supporters yelling "WIN" every time Trump sneezes ?

Old 07-20-2017, 12:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
I think you meant exacerbating sounds like a Freudian slip, actually either will work
Lol, autocomplete.

Old 07-20-2017, 12:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilcart View Post
what has that got to do with the poll. or are you afraid to admit that the poll in no way suggest people don't care, it instead merely attempts to ask what they care about the MOST.

in my case i care about a lot of things Russia and Trump collusion is important but not the top. that is not to say it does not matter, because it does and with time and hard work it will be figured out in full.
My post you quoted isn't in regards to the poll.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMak70 View Post
Pedro, how is that any different from Trump supporters yelling "WIN" every time Trump sneezes ?
Specifically, what are they yelling "win" about in these posts?

If they are saying it's impossible Trump did anything illegal, then they aren't helping their cause, because they don't know this to be fact.

Can you cite a specific example you'd like me to address?

Old 07-20-2017, 12:47 PM

3,637 posts, read 1,697,779 times
Quote:
My post you quoted isn't in regards to the poll.

Specifically, what are they yelling "win" about in these posts?

If they are saying it's impossible Trump did anything illegal, then they aren't helping their cause, because they don't know this to be fact.

Can you cite a specific example you'd like me to address?

No, just generally, Trump supporters will rave about some unproven issue, and treat it as gospel. They cry wolf, we cry wolf.

Old 07-20-2017, 12:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMak70 View Post
No, just generally, Trump supporters will rave about some unproven issue, and treat it as gospel. They cry wolf, we cry wolf.
So, believing something he did is good and verbalizing it is the same as convicting him on innuendo?

Ok....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies