Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-20-2017, 10:27 AM

34,619 posts, read 21,611,728 times

Advertisements

Since the day Trump won the election, there has been this hysterical cry for Trump to be removed from office for one thing after another. It's constant background noise that is based on mostly innuendo and anonymous sources.

In the story of the boy who cried wolf, there was an actual wolf. The problem was that the boy kept screaming about the wolf for another reason, attention.

For all I know, there might be a "wolf" in Trump. He may have been involved in illegal activity or collusion; however, since the left has been screaming about it non-stop, not based on evidence but on partisanship, people may just begin to tune it out and the wolf may get away.

The smart move is to wait to see if the investigations bare fruit.

If it turns out there is more than innuendo, press wet dreams and anonymous sources, let's deal with it. All this other noise will do is get the public burned out and disinterested.

Just because I like to interject on the fact that nothing of substance has come out each time another "Trump is done" thread is started every other day doesn't mean that I believe Trump is as pure as the driven snow, it only means that I have yet to see anything of substance.

The point is that by crying wolf, Trump, non-stop, you're only doing a disservice to justice if Trump is guilty of something. People will get sick of hearing about it, and most of the public will just assume everything is just partisan political hype.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-20-2017, 10:49 AM

3,615 posts, read 2,330,349 times
A bloomberg poll just released said 6% of Americans care about this whole fabricated russia garbage and they are all democrats and probably on this board. The liberal media in America is trying to stage its own coup but its going to backfire

https://twitter.com/exjon/status/887380589166305280

Old 07-20-2017, 10:51 AM

3,615 posts, read 2,330,349 times
https://twitter.com/raidermike5569/s...85433773776897

Old 07-20-2017, 10:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by floridanative10 View Post
A bloomberg poll just released said 6% of Americans care about this whole fabricated russia garbage and they are all democrats and probably on this board. The liberal media in America is trying to stage its own coup but its going to backfire

https://twitter.com/exjon/status/887380589166305280
Wow, those numbers say a lot.

Thx for posting.

Old 07-20-2017, 10:52 AM

51,653 posts, read 25,819,464 times
Good try. But this doesn't fly.

Old 07-20-2017, 10:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
Good try. But this doesn't fly.
What doesn't fly?

Is there some actual evidence that Trump committed a crime?

If so, could you post it?

Old 07-20-2017, 10:54 AM

45,676 posts, read 24,012,426 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
Since the day Trump won the election, there has been this hysterical cry for Trump to be removed from office for one thing after another. It's constant background noise that is based on mostly innuendo and anonymous sources.

In the story of the boy who cried wolf, there was an actual wolf. The problem was that the boy kept screaming about the wolf for another reason, attention.

For all I know, there might be a "wolf" in Trump. He may have been involved in illegal activity or collusion; however, since the left has been screaming about it non-stop, not based on evidence but on partisanship, people may just begin to tune it out and the wolf may get away.

The smart move is to wait to see if the investigations bare fruit.

If it turns out there is more than innuendo, press wet dreams and anonymous sources, let's deal with it. All this other noise will do is get the public burned out and disinterested.

Just because I like to interject on the fact that nothing of substance has come out each time another "Trump is done" thread is started every other day doesn't mean that I believe Trump is as pure as the driven snow, it only means that I have yet to see anything of substance.

The point is that by crying wolf, Trump, non-stop, you're only doing a disservice to justice if Trump is guilty of something. People will get sick of hearing about it, and most of the public will just assume everything is just partisan political hype.
I do agree with this.

Just let the freak'n investigation play out. If nothing comes of it - it is what it is and let's move on.

BUT....Trump has to stop feeding the beasts too. His constant tweeting, random comments and thoughts on the Russia issue aren't helping the cause at all. He doesn't understand the law -- he doesn't understand govt. process, he doesn't understand the complexities......he should just shut up, let them do the investigation and if there is nothing move on.

Old 07-20-2017, 10:55 AM

15,823 posts, read 12,465,032 times
The Watergate break-ins didn't poll well either.

Old 07-20-2017, 10:59 AM

45,582 posts, read 27,187,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
Yes it is does - and you know it. You are a rabid Trumpster. This whole Pedro Martinez name thing - you are probably white just like Trump - with orange hair.

Good post in the OP - it's just a reasoned adult way to handle the issue.

I've gotten to the point where if I don't hear it from the investigators, I just ignore it.

Old 07-20-2017, 10:59 AM

45,676 posts, read 24,012,426 times
As for the media vs. what Americans rate as important.

Americans rate health care as their top concern but if you asked them how many minutes a day they have spent researching, reading, looking into this issue and then rank that with how many minutes they have spent watching The Bachelorette, or watching Game of Thrones or , whatever (you get my ponit), health care would be way on the bottom.

Folks are more obsessed with OJ than they are health care, tax reform, made in America.

Trump touted that as his big focus this week. What one policy has been introduced that promotes that in a significant way?

Let's do a comparison of percentage of tweets by our President on these issues. He sets the tone.....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies