Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-21-2017, 05:36 AM

34,054 posts, read 17,071,203 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blondy View Post
Newsflash..........when you call people deplorable, you won't be winning their votes.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-21-2017, 05:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CapnTrips View Post
Because, with NAFTA, Bill Clinton sold the Democratic Party to Wall Street.
You can't side with both capital and labor at the same time.
Very True.

HRC whined "All that singing Stand By Your Man 20 years ago" got me nowhere.

Old 07-21-2017, 05:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CapnTrips View Post
The Republican Party has traditionally represented Capital. There should be no surprise there. The OP's question is why did the Democrats lose the biggest part of their constituency?
UWS liberals have always hated the wwc. HRC simply did the same on steroids level.

DNC sides with UWS types today. Not the base that built it.

Old 07-21-2017, 05:40 AM

45,676 posts, read 24,012,426 times
Trump didn't tell people what they wanted to hear?

What -- what campaign were you following?!

Trump did use a simplistic, boorish, brass way of talking which seems to be attractive to his base...but I assure you his 'down to earth' (code for inability to use any vocabulary over middle school level and social awkwardness and no edit button) wasn't what got Trump the blue collar worker vote.

They voted for him out of desperation. They want to try anything to change the economic climate ......guess what -- early days but nothing happening there. Companies aren't announcing big expansion plans in those towns with high unemployment.......Ohio hasn't seen a significant rise in jobs even with Trump touting a strong, healthy economy.

There was also a false perception that being able to run your own private company suggests an ability to be in the public sector. Trump came from an environment with no regard for reporting to the general public or even a large shareholder base. He does/did what he wants when he wants it -- who cares if it isn't legal or allowed. He just did it. He so much as bragged about that kind of business dealing. That can't work in public service. We have safety guards in order to prevent a President from coming in and just acting unilaterally. We have laws, procedures, processes in place....and most importantly...the issues such as health care, international trade are complex matters that require experts in their field to advise and develop strategy. Trump doesn't want to be accountable to anybody -- and the President of the USA is accountable to all of us

Last edited by moneill; 07-21-2017 at 05:53 AM..

Old 07-21-2017, 05:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hound 109 View Post
& neither can posters in this thread.

I counted at least 12 posts in 2 1/2 pages that were dripping in condescension.

The working class didn't leave the Dems.......The Dems abandoned the working class.

(You guys need to ask Hillary's husband, Biden & Michael Moore...or even Bernie. They know what the problem is.)
bingo

WWC needs to be won back, by the Dems EARNING their trust again.

Old 07-21-2017, 05:46 AM

8,090 posts, read 6,964,197 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobNJ1960 View Post
bingo

WWC needs to be won back, by the Dems EARNING their trust again.
The WWC is not coming back. They were never liberals. They voted union, and the republicans successfully dismantled and demonized organized labor.

Old 07-21-2017, 05:47 AM

30,370 posts, read 19,162,886 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whogo View Post
Identity politics?
The current day liberal Dimorat loathes the Deplorable white blue collar worker....hates them....they figured it out.

Old 07-21-2017, 06:24 AM

Location: Live:Downtown Phoenix, AZ/Work:Greater Los Angeles, CA
27,606 posts, read 14,604,784 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whogo View Post
Identity politics?
I'm white and blue collar, and they didn't lose my vote. I'll never vote R as long as I live!

Old 07-21-2017, 06:25 AM

Location: Live:Downtown Phoenix, AZ/Work:Greater Los Angeles, CA
27,606 posts, read 14,604,784 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tall Traveler View Post
The current day liberal Dimorat loathes the Deplorable white blue collar worker....hates them....they figured it out.
No, they just disagree with the socially conservative ones. I'm a white blue collar worker (truck driver), and I don't feel hated by the Democratic Party

Old 07-21-2017, 06:28 AM

9,694 posts, read 7,392,751 times
Because we don't get nothing for free, we have to work to eat
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies